watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fixtures for Burnley, Brighton, Newcastle - WE HAVE TO WIN TONIGHT

Started by rebel, April 18, 2021, 07:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Brighton could easily not get another point if they lose this. We get to to play Burnely, Newcastle and Southampton. They can definitely be caught.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 24, 2021, 08:52:38 PM
Brighton could easily not get another point if they lose this. We get to to play Burnely, Newcastle and Southampton. They can definitely be caught.

Brighton lost to Sheff United.

Should Sheff United best Burnley in the coming week, we're in it.

Keep the faith until it's mathematically impossible.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RaySmith

Sheff U were good v Brighton, playing with renewed confidence- looked a different team.

Burnley will be a tough proposition, though.

Stressful  hoping other teams slip up, and then we still have to win our games.

COYW

rebel

Mr White

VAR is going to have a huge say in this Relegation,its like Russian roulette, who's feeling lucky? wet spam will feel VAR cost them the game.

Southdowns White

Sorry to be pessimistic but unless we somehow get some points it doesn't mean anything, even if all these teams lose every game for the remainder of the season. How will Parker suddenly change our team in order to gain some points?

rebel

Quote from: Southdowns White on April 25, 2021, 09:36:58 AM
Sorry to be pessimistic but unless we somehow get some points it doesn't mean anything, even if all these teams lose every game for the remainder of the season. How will Parker suddenly change our team in order to gain some points?

Supporters said that before the Arsenal match, nearly got the 3 points. You could say the same after each match.

JoelH5

Quote from: rebel on April 25, 2021, 09:40:57 AM
Quote from: Southdowns White on April 25, 2021, 09:36:58 AM

Supporters said that before the Arsenal match, nearly got the 3 points. You could say the same after each match.

I think we actually looked much better defensively against Arsenal too, we had started to look a bit suspect again.

We will need some luck, of course, but it can definitely happen.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

fcfulham55

Bottom 3 as is.  West Brom and Fulham to battle for the best of the worst.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

rebel

Southampton played yesterday, got a 1 - 1 draw against Leicester, not ideal.

blingo

West brom and Newcastle don't take their forwards off with 20 minutes left, and they are pushing hard to get results, something we are incapable of under Parker. One point from FIFTEEN is pathetic and we beat Liverpool with how many of their first team players missing?

Bill2

Quote from: rebel on April 18, 2021, 08:14:33 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on April 18, 2021, 08:05:32 AM
And your point is ?

The point is I don't see too many winable matches for Burnley, Brighton or Newcastle. You clearly missed the point. The only maches you could potential pencil in 3 points is Sheff Utd.
Not sure about any team playing Arsenal. Arteta will be entirely focused on the coming european game as he has nothing to play for in the league. Will rest key players and not sure the rest will be going all out for a win knowing they will have to play midweek. Good time to play them and  Newcastle will know it.

rebel

rebel

C/O The Rational Fan

Relegation is not certain. If we win our last four games, it is mathematically very unlikely we'll get relegated.

If Fulham wins their remaining games, then we are 39 points and have goal difference of -16.
So, Newcastle has to get 4 points against Sheffield, Leicester & ManCity (goal difference will be worse than -20).
So, Burnley has to get 4 points against Sheffield, Leicester & ManCity (goal difference will be worse than -16).
So, Southampton has to get 3 points against Palace, Leeds & West Ham, Liverpool (GD will be worse than -18).
So, Brighton has to get 2 points against Wolves, West Ham, Man City & Arsenal (GD will be better than us).
So, Palace has to get 2 points against Southampton, Villa, Arsenal & Liverpool (GD will be worse than -22).
One of the above five teams won't get the points required (probably two to three won't), especially if Sheffield draws their last two games.

Most teams that stay up will win three in a row at some stage, we need to win four in a row. If Newcastle stays up it was only, because of their 8 points in four games against Spurs, Burnley, West Ham, and Liverpool.

Burnley, Southampton and Newcastle should be winnable for any team worthy of being in the Premier League. ManUnited has lost to Crystal Palace and Sheffield United, plus drawn with Palace and WBA so why not lose to us.

If ManUnited beat Villa, then they have qualified for the Champions League and Europa is their priority.  If they also beat Leicester, then ManUnited is second and a dead rubber with winning Europa priority is a winnable game.

We don't have to worry about other teams we have four winnable games, and mathematically we will stay up if we achieve four wins. Besides, going for 4 wins and just missing out will develop us into the team that wins next season.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:49:15 AM by The Rational Fan »

SuffolkWhite

I know it's not over until it's over and I am usually optimistic, But, if we can't beat any of Leeds,Villa and Wolves then our chances are slim.to none.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

rebel

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 07, 2021, 09:30:47 AM
I know it's not over until it's over and I am usually optimistic, But, if we can't beat any of Leeds,Villa and Wolves then our chances are slim.to none.

We've played better against the 'big' teams, but the guys need to 'roll up' their sleeves and get down to business.
They need to be given the John Beck treatment.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/jan/03/fa-cup-histon-john-beck

The Fish

Quote from: rebel on May 07, 2021, 06:42:53 AM
Newcastle play tonight.
We do, but I can't see anything but a comfortable win for the crisp shaggers. We're apparently incapable of playing well against sides who actually put us under pressure. Leicester will see us as the best chance of 3pts in their run-in. Bruce will set us up not-to-lose and then be surprised when we do. As if it's a shock that there's more to defending than simply choosing 5 defenders.

You win your next 2 and the pressure will really be on but, sorry to say, I can't see you winning 4 in a row when you've won 5 all season. Especially as Man Utd aren't yet guaranteed 2nd spot.

I think we'll beat Sheffield, and that'll be enough.