watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New "European Super League" to be announced tonight ?...Totally Change Football

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, April 18, 2021, 04:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

If it happens I hope the Prem don't let them back in. Many fans from those teams will miss derbies.

Football = Greed
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Nero

We must be in it, can be the only reason why Parker keeps playing the way he does as it doesnt matter

Slaphead in Qatar

So getting relegated may not be such a bad thing, stay under the radar until they sort this mess out...........

grandad

Good riddance to them I say. They avoid FFP by any means. Let the game be played on an even playing field. Put a cap on transfer fees & players salaries. Get rid of the obscene money in the game.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SP

Quote from: grandad on April 18, 2021, 05:13:42 PM
Good riddance to them I say. They avoid FFP by any means. Let the game be played on an even playing field. Put a cap on transfer fees & players salaries. Get rid of the obscene money in the game.

And a chance to rid ourselves of that lot down the road? Sign me up.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Basically will be like the MLS in America, no promotion or relegation, closed shop.

Roy Keanes (and Micha Richards) thoughts...

https://youtu.be/3UqcRa_czLE

Absolutely awful. Against much of what makes the game great.

Wingnut

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on April 18, 2021, 04:52:08 PM
If it happens I hope the Prem don't let them back in. Many fans from those teams will miss derbies.

Football = Greed

Agree but can they afford to do that? This is a financial disaster for the PL. It'll result in a more competitive league, but the television revenue is going to go through the floor.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

3 Cherries

Why not - personally seems a good idea

You spend the money you make the choices

No need for nostalgia just because we aren't in their spending league

alfie

I find it slightly ironic that the likes of Nevil, Kean and Richards going on about greed , when there are players out there earning well in excess of £100,000 a week.

I don't agree with though
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Logicalman

Football = Greed

If, from what FIFA have said, then the teams and players will be pariahs to the game, and so they should be.

Hope it goes ahead and FIFA carry out their threat to, effectively, de-register the players taking part from International football. Perhaps the domestic FA's should follow suit, and lets see how many players, with that threat hanging over them, will put in transfer requests, and how long it lasts before the same owners beg to be allowed to return to domestic systems! One side-effect would be both the wages and transfer prices would drop domestically.

Happy to see those greedy owners, and their clubs, disappear from the horizon if that is their wish, and hopefully the door will smack them hard on their way out!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

3rdgenfan

Ironic how loud the Premier League is complaining about this break away league when they did the same in the early 1990's and cut adrift the rest of the English leagues by setting up the Premier League in the first place.

What goes around comes around!!

They are just panicking about losing revenue

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Cornishnick

Good riddance, let 'em go.  Then reorganise English footie into 4 divisions (we could call them Div 1,2,3,& 4  :005:).  No prima donnas and best of all, some competitive leagues where everyone (correction: nearly everyone) has a chance of going up or down.

Cambridge Pete

Never thought I would be complimenting G Neville and Keane agreeing with him. From the initial reaction I fear that there will be a lot of "oh it's only a suggestion" from the greedy six. Let them go and good riddance

FFC1987

Only right thing to do is cancel relegation this season, promote 6 clubs from championship and deduct 100 points each from those 6 clubs who voted for it. Only fair!

Twig

Quote from: Wingnut on April 18, 2021, 05:54:33 PM

Football = Greed

Agree but can they afford to do that? This is a financial disaster for the PL. It'll result in a more competitive league, but the television revenue is going to go through the floor.

Perhaps the whole "Premier League" brand could be scrapped and let's revert to a first division. Omit these greedy clubs altogether, leave them out of our domestic game, no FA Cup entry, no league cup and no place in our top domestic division.

SP

Quote from: Cornishnick on April 18, 2021, 07:16:49 PM
Good riddance, let 'em go.  Then reorganise English footie into 4 divisions (we could call them Div 1,2,3,& 4  :005:).  No prima donnas and best of all, some competitive leagues where everyone (correction: nearly everyone) has a chance of going up or down.

This definitely works for me.  In winter, I'd also stipulate the requirement for a muddy pitch to complete the revamp!

:plus one:

jarv

The greedy six. let them go. Good riddance and I hope the players involved never get to play for England again.

Didn't something like this happen in cricket or was it Wimbledon many years ago? The game is bigger than a few individuals (or individual teams).