https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea pulling out !

Started by JimmyConway, April 20, 2021, 06:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

30 points deduction feels about right

JoelH5

They're all pulling out now. Still, unless they get relegated so we don't, I don't really care
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 20, 2021, 11:02:52 PM
They're all pulling out now. Still, unless they get relegated so we don't, I don't really care

Yes, Newsnight reporting that all 6 UK clubs now pulling out of it, but awaiting confirmation.

WhiteJC

toshes mate

Well if the 'big six' want to really be the 'Big Six' in their humiliation then they should accept due punishment for even having the temerity to suggest an ESL among themselves and without even consulting key stakeholders and others (as Liverpool have tacitly admitted not to have done).  I would still fine them all heavily and relegate them out of the football league.  Let them know what it is like to navigate the National Leagues back into existence without media money and not a hope of all six of them getting back in quickest time.  The tumbleweed around their grounds may keep reminding them that greed doesn't pay.

Southcoastffc

Let's be realistic. Any 'punishment ' will be derisory. The clubs involved haven't actually done anything beyond talking about some half-baked arrangement.  I think the limit of any action against them would be no more than a fine of a couple of hundred thousand pounds.  Within clubs, individuals might resign or be sacked ( a la Woodward at Man U) but clubs will get no more than a smack on the wrist and told not to be naughty again.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.