watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Chelsea

Started by Facts Not Fiction, April 27, 2021, 03:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

With relegation all but certain, now's the time to give some of the squad players a chance. And keep RLC as far from this squad as possible.

Areola

Tete Aina Andersen Adarabioyo Bryan

Onomah Reed Anguissa

Mitrovic Lookman

Fabri, Odoi, Ream, Hector, Robinson, Lemina, Reid, Cavaleiro, Maja

Won't include youngsters as it just won't happen.

roberto w6

If Chelsea had half a brain they'd insist on us playing RLC

FulhamStu

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on April 27, 2021, 03:17:00 PM
With relegation all but certain, now's the time to give some of the squad players a chance. And keep RLC as far from this squad as possible.

Areola

Tete Aina Andersen Adarabioyo Bryan

Onomah Reed Anguissa

Mitrovic Lookman

Fabri, Odoi, Ream, Hector, Robinson, Lemina, Reid, Cavaleiro, Maja

Won't include youngsters as it just won't happen.

Agree and would play Robinson instead of Ainya minimise the loans.   

Brawn

RLC is ineligible against Chelsea. Thankfully.

It's never over until it's over, especially with crucial games against Burnley and Newcastle to come.

GK 1 A Areola

RCB 34 O Aina
CB 5 J Andersen
LCB 16 T Adarabioyo

RM 2 K Tete
RCM 21 H Reed
LCM 29 A Anguissa
LM 33 A Robinson

RS 14 B Decordova-Reid
ST 27 J Maja
LS 19 A Lookman

filham

Lets have a good game of football where we are not hell bent on possession and defense and make some real attempts on goal.

Areola
                                 Tete         Andersen  Tosin  Robinson
                                                           Reed
                                       Anguissa      Lemina       Lookman
                                                      Maja      Mitro

Mullers OG

Areola

Tete. Andersen Tosin Bryan

Lemina. Reed. Anguissa

Cavaleiro Mitrovic Lookman

Bench. Rodak/Fabri. Hector Aina Robinson DReid Maja Stansfield

Asotosyios

Areola
    Tete, Anderson, Tosin, Aina
                  Reed
Lookman, Lemina, Anguissa, Bryan
                Mitrovic

We Are Premier League

Areola
Tete Aina Andersen Tosin Robinson
      Lemina. Reed. Anguissa
           Mitrovic Lookman

The Rational Fan

A super defensive first half gives us a chance

Areola
Tete Aina  Anderson Tosin Robinson
             Anguissa Reed
       Reid       RLC     Bryan

Subs for last 30 mins: Lookman, Mitro and Cav

The Cravenette

I actually like the idea of going back to 3 at the back with the wing backs.  We had more success with this system and as long as the WB's get forward and supply crosses we don't need out and out wingers as well.  Harrison Reed can drop back when they bomb forward and Aina can move across too to cover.

That way we can play our forwards more centrally (in the box where they are supposed to be).  I would be tempted to go with Maja and Mitro, with Lookman and BDR behind but narrower (and given free rein to swap sides) and Zambo in the middle breaking things up and moving the ball forward.

We could leak a few (especially against Chelsea) but we might actually score a few too.

Twig

Quote from: The Cravenette on April 28, 2021, 09:58:22 AM
I actually like the idea of going back to 3 at the back with the wing backs.  We had more success with this system and as long as the WB's get forward and supply crosses we don't need out and out wingers as well.  Harrison Reed can drop back when they bomb forward and Aina can move across too to cover.

That way we can play our forwards more centrally (in the box where they are supposed to be).  I would be tempted to go with Maja and Mitro, with Lookman and BDR behind but narrower (and given free rein to swap sides) and Zambo in the middle breaking things up and moving the ball forward.

We could leak a few (especially against Chelsea) but we might actually score a few too.

I tend to agree. But I'd like to see a set up that could include Bryan ahead of Robinson and I 'm trying to figure out whether your approach allows this?

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Twig on April 28, 2021, 10:22:03 AM

I tend to agree. But I'd like to see a set up that could include Bryan ahead of Robinson and I 'm trying to figure out whether your approach allows this?

Bryan vs Reece James (or Hudson Odoi) sound like a looong painful day, i think we need Robinson for this one, or perhaps Aina if we go for a back 4.

ianthailand

I think we should send RLC back to Chelsea with the stipulation that he plays against us. They did well with 10 men against West Brom.

The Cravenette

Quote from: We Are Premier League on April 28, 2021, 11:27:48 AM

Bryan vs Reece James (or Hudson Odoi) sound like a looong painful day, i think we need Robinson for this one, or perhaps Aina if we go for a back 4.

Bryan is definitely our better crosser and he and Mitro worked so well last year.  I don't think he has been given a real chance this season.

That said I think Robinson has more energy to get up and down (and does get a decent cross in now and again).  Would like to see Joe play maybe higher up; in the system i mentioned he could replace Lookman or BDR if it wasn't working out.

I do think Lookman owes us a good performance though.  He does tend to flatter to deceive and has not produced as well since his opening matches.  We could say that about a number of players so perhaps that leads back to Parker's negative tactics?

Twig

Quote from: The Cravenette on April 28, 2021, 12:20:06 PM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on April 28, 2021, 11:27:48 AM

Bryan is definitely our better crosser and he and Mitro worked so well last year.  I don't think he has been given a real chance this season.

That said I think Robinson has more energy to get up and down (and does get a decent cross in now and again).  Would like to see Joe play maybe higher up; in the system i mentioned he could replace Lookman or BDR if it wasn't working out.

I do think Lookman owes us a good performance though.  He does tend to flatter to deceive and has not produced as well since his opening matches.  We could say that about a number of players so perhaps that leads back to Parker's negative tactics?

Yes, perhaps we need Robinson at LB for his pace against the lies of Reece James but I like the idea that Bryan coild be used further up as an alternative to Lookman or BDR (or even better as an alternative to Cav?) either as a starter or from the bench (but please not for the last 15 minutes!).

LittleErn

Quote from: filham on April 27, 2021, 07:07:52 PM
Lets have a good game of football where we are not hell bent on possession and defense and make some real attempts on goal.

Areola
                                                           Reed
                                                      Maja      Mitro

For that to happen we would need to make forward passes into space - even if that risks giving the ball away - plus some shots from outside the box and a shoot on sight policy inside. That and a bit less selfishness from some of the forwards when there are others in a better position - and some quicker passing instead of running into blind alleys. Too much to hope for?

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: filham on April 27, 2021, 07:07:52 PM

Areola
                                                           Reed
                                                      Maja      Mitro

Swap Anguissa for BDR and it's spot on.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

perry geyton

Just drop RLC off at Stamford Bridge before the game

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on April 28, 2021, 09:02:16 PM
Just drop RLC off at Stamford Bridge before the game

Or just drop RLC off the bridge?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ianthailand on April 28, 2021, 11:42:23 AM
I think we should send RLC back to Chelsea with the stipulation that he plays against us.

If RLC plays for Chelsea, then he will get a hat-trick and an assist. He is a top player, and is only rubbish when wearing an FFC badge.