more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Relegation - it's no disaster

Started by Willham, April 30, 2021, 04:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

Quote from: WindyCity on April 30, 2021, 07:59:49 PM
Oh, and by the way, you just might consider it a 'disaster' should you see our favorite team in League 1 after next season.  The team is headed for a rebuild and many of the "better" players will no longer be at CC.  It's gonna be a tough next season just to stay competitive in the Champ.

I agree with this.  Especially if SP is in charge.  And none of us have any idea what our squad will look like but too many on here seem to think we will just automatically be challenging to come straight back up

rebel

Quote from: WindyCity on April 30, 2021, 07:57:04 PM
Sorry, but I've got to disagree with most of the OP's post.  Good fight for survival?  Ha!  I'd like to see a definition of 'good fight'.  I don't consider this season a 'success' in any way.  When the defense was sorted, that did give us a lift and some hope.  Sadly, that took too long to achieve, for many winnable points were left unattained.  And of course the offense was a disaster for pretty much the whole season.  As poor as FFC was based simply on my comments, I still felt they should have been able to get enough points to stay in this league.  Very disappointing campaign. 

Agree 100%,

'fight' - have we fought throughout the season? have we shown 'fight' in all matches? For me the answer is 'no'.

If people are saying have we shown more 'fight' then the last time we were in the Premiership, then the answer is 'yes'.

rebel

Quote from: Willham on April 30, 2021, 05:31:32 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on April 30, 2021, 05:27:37 PM
Sleep -walked ? we  havent been watching the same team . There are lots of criticism  that can be leveled at the team but lack of fight or care is way off the mark. We have been competetive in the vast majority of our games . We have lacked quality in front of goal ,but we the team has never given up in the games I jave been watching.

You've taken the words out my mouth.

I mean weve seen a player only on loan here, crying.
And we're hard to beat.
No matter what you say, we have been a tough team to break down, on top of that we play with one of the highest lines in the prem.
We have had a good stab at a very very difficult task, they is no shame in being relegated

What's that got to do with 'fight'? 'I mean weve seen a player only on loan here, crying.'
We were hard to breakdown at the start of the season too. And various moments throughout the season.

rebel

Quote from: Mullers OG on April 30, 2021, 05:52:42 PM
Good post and one I agree with.  Only the most optimistic supporter would have expected anything other than a fight for survival with the odds firmly against us.  In the event we have proved hard to beat and have never thrown the towel in.  It's a shame we have never been able to see players of the quality of Areola and Andersen from the stands at the Cottage but the whole team has worked extremely hard for the club.

The last time we came up we had arguably a better promotion team.  Yet they performed miserably once promoted with a much lauded manager who seemed out of his depth in the Premier division.  This season we look like a well drilled  proper football team working hard for each other and fighting to the end.   Sadly the club failed to get a proper back up for Mitrovic in case he was either injured, ill, off form or suspended.  Once  one or more of those misfortunes occurred there was always going to be a problem converting chances into goals.

Lessons learned, one hopes. 

If you remember Parker told the players, 'it's a fight for survival, we're going to be fighting at the bottom of the table etc, etc.' The message has been a constant from him, maybe that's why, when we've had three opportunities to overtake Newcastle, the players haven't responded / delivered. The players can't shrug off that constant message.   

rebel

rebel

Quote from: Willham on April 30, 2021, 09:42:26 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on April 30, 2021, 07:59:49 PM
Oh, and by the way, you just might consider it a 'disaster' should you see our favorite team in League 1 after next season.  The team is headed for a rebuild and many of the "better" players will no longer be at CC.  It's gonna be a tough next season just to stay competitive in the Champ.

You seem to forget that most clubs struggled to spend or find players last summer because of viruses, very little willing to sell and everyone asking high prices. It was late but from reports it wasnt from lack of trying.

And no I wouldnt consider this season a failure if we were heading to league one this time next year, I would think this next year is a failure?

It has been known for a couple of seasons that there has been an over reliance on Mitro (Mitro misses far too many chances for club, a totally different player for country). We won't be heading for League One, but the Championship if we get relegated.
Modify message

colinwhite

Quote from: rebel on May 01, 2021, 07:03:56 AM
Sleep -walked ? we  havent been watching the same team . There are lots of criticism  that can be leveled at the team but lack of fight or care is way off the mark. We have been competetive in the vast majority of our games . We have lacked quality in front of goal ,but we the team has never given up in the games I jave been watching.

And we're hard to beat.
No matter what you say, we have been a tough team to break down, on top of that we play with one of the highest lines in the prem.
We have had a good stab at a very very difficult task, they is no shame in being relegated

What's that got to do with 'fight'? 'I mean weve seen a player only on loan here, crying.'
We were hard to breakdown at the start of the season too. And various moments throughout the season.

One thing cant be taken away from Parker ,however much you dislike hime as acoach. He always gets hid team to bounce back from adversity ,and most of the time got his players to give everything on the pitch.
Even Mitro our top socker and untouchable was dropped when he looked disinterested or unfocused on the right things. If you dont like Parker just say it and fair enough ,but dont come out with crap about  what his team have lacked . That is simply not the case and not where the team has fallen short.

toshes mate

The OP is entitled to his opinion but he is talking nonsense.  Relegation is always a disaster.  Teams play to win matches or avoid losing them.  No team wants to be thrashed.   We started badly, had a brief patch of success, and have now retruned to ending badly.  One point in five games is not showing fight.  Three goals for and ten against is not showing fight.  Relegation will very much be a disaster if it happens and those who imagine we are bouncing straight back up afterwards need to be a lot less cocky.

colinwhite

Quote from: toshes mate on May 01, 2021, 08:02:33 AM
The OP is entitled to his opinion but he is talking nonsense.  Relegation is always a disaster.  Teams play to win matches or avoid losing them.  No team wants to be thrashed.   We started badly, had a brief patch of success, and have now retruned to ending badly.  One point in five games is not showing fight.  Three goals for and ten against is not showing fight.  Relegation will very much be a disaster if it happens and those who imagine we are bouncing straight back up afterwards need to be a lot less cocky.

Scoring goals and lacking fight are two completely different issues. We lack quality in forward positions but we do not lack fight. Surely even the most critical supporters can see that !
What is fight ? Giving everything for the team ,being competitive and never giving up. These are three qualities we have shown in just about every game this season. The players that for me have shown a lack of fight at  have been Mitro, Cairney , and Loftus Cheek .

rebel

Quote from: colinwhite on May 01, 2021, 07:42:13 AM
Quote from: rebel on May 01, 2021, 07:03:56 AM

And we're hard to beat.

One thing cant be taken away from Parker ,however much you dislike hime as acoach. He always gets hid team to bounce back from adversity ,and most of the time got his players to give everything on the pitch.
Even Mitro our top socker and untouchable was dropped when he looked disinterested or unfocused on the right things. If you dont like Parker just say it and fair enough ,but dont come out with crap about  what his team have lacked . That is simply not the case and not where the team has fallen short.

I posted the other day, that Parker has got a lot of things right, but quite a few things wrong. I'm not the 'biggest fan', because of what is called 'Parkerball'. Parker couldn't keep playing Mitro who wasn't delivering. Parker had no choice but to drop him. That's why he's tried to make Cavaleiro a makeshift 'striker', which has failed miserably. Unfortunately it is true, the team / players has fallen short at times. Our top scorer is Reid, not Mitro this season.   

rebel

Quote from: toshes mate on May 01, 2021, 08:02:33 AM

Agree 100%.

toshes mate

You've been listening to Parker's rhetoric, Colin, as you are at liberty to do.  I have been watching the football, the same games as you watch, without listening to anybody but just allowing my brain to come to an opinion.  You have your views which you believe are right.  The players who have shown fight are your opinion not fact.  I have the same affliction and so please don't start a discussion that is going nowhere.  The evidence is in the fact that if we don't win today then we are almost certainly down.

rebel

Quote from: toshes mate on May 01, 2021, 08:32:15 AM
You've been listening to Parker's rhetoric, Colin, as you are at liberty to do.  I have been watching the football, the same games as you watch, without listening to anybody but just allowing my brain to come to an opinion.  You have your views which you believe are right.  The players who have shown fight are your opinion not fact.  I have the same affliction and so please don't start a discussion that is going nowhere.  The evidence is in the fact that if we don't win today then we are almost certainly down.

Agree 100% again, I won't be posting further on this thread or topic.

JoelH5

Quote from: Willham on April 30, 2021, 04:59:46 PM
At the beginning of the season our aim was to have a good fight for survival.

This has been achieved.

Being relegated this season was always the most probable outcome so why do we all seem so hard done by? And blaming people for the relegation? We were always gonna be around this position and to me we've been a success. We've given it one hell of a go and we're technically still in with a shout this late in the season.

Relegation isnt a disaster, we have a large group of players returning, our teams spine is still here and under contract. Theres nothing to worry about. We tried and we failed, time to dust off and fight for another chance, which looks very possible

No it wasn't. It was to stay up. Fulham (not we) have failed that again.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Karlos

Any relegation is a disaster as it means our plans have failed.

Whats more painful is it was entirely avoidable with better planning for how we stay in the division.

Not starting the season untill nearly a quarter of it has already gone for a team that was always going to be fighting relegation has made a hard task almost impossible.

ALG01

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on April 30, 2021, 07:46:13 PM
Quote from: Willham on April 30, 2021, 04:59:46 PM
At the beginning of the season our aim was to have a good fight for survival.

This has been achieved.

Being relegated this season was always the most probable outcome so why do we all seem so hard done by? And blaming people for the relegation? We were always gonna be around this position and to me we've been a success. We've given it one hell of a go and we're technically still in with a shout this late in the season.

Relegation isnt a disaster, we have a large group of players returning, our teams spine is still here and under contract. Theres nothing to worry about. We tried and we failed, time to dust off and fight for another chance, which looks very possible

Is that you, Tony ??

If I was a bad person and a conspiracy theorist I would agree with you because the statement certainly reads like a club PR excuse that you might hear in one of TKs childish videos. It reads like a naughty scoolchild offering an excuse for the inexcusable.

Most of what was written in the OP is no more than an excuse for failure. The problem for me is that whilst a new team will always be more likely to struggle than not (a few exceptions over the years) we were in a position to finish higher, we could have survived. However, and I hate to keep repeating it but it remains true, the DoF sabotaged Parker this seasonbecause of his abject failure in January. I heard the excuses why it was difficult to get forwards, but that is his sole job here and he failed. If we had a proper squad, with a forward line capable of scoring a handful more goals, we would have comfortably survived.

Oh, and yes, relegation is a very big disaster because we have to hope mr khan Jnr has the first idea about how to re build a squad because the players we have will no longer do. we need to start again.

Slaphead in Qatar

This relegation was entirely avoidable. We had a good enough team to stay up but we were strangled by Parker's defensive approach.

We worked so hard to get promoted, now we have to do that all over again.

Karlos

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 01, 2021, 09:19:05 AM
This relegation was entirely avoidable. We had a good enough team to stay up but we were strangled by Parker's defensive approach.

We worked so hard to get promoted, now we have to do that all over again.

I'm not sure our team are good enough, whilst I'd like to see us play more attacking football,we seem to lack the quality to do this

colinwhite

Firstly Tosh I respect your opinion although I dont agree with it. But you have no idea what i have or havent listened to have you?  As for you watching games objectively I could argue that you are driven by your own bias ! But I wouldnt do that because i dont know what your own bias is or isnt  now do I ?

toshes mate

Quote from: colinwhite on May 01, 2021, 09:48:09 AM

Firstly Tosh I respect your opinion although I dont agree with it. But you have no idea what i have or havent listened to have you?  As for you watching games objectively I could argue that you are driven by your own bias ! But I wouldnt do that because i dont know what your own bias is or isnt  now do I ?
Gobbledegook.  It is YOUR opinion no matter how you got there, just as MINE is mine.  If you didn't/don't listen to Parker then you haven't missed anything have you? (rhetorical)