watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Relegation - it's no disaster

Started by Willham, April 30, 2021, 04:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willham

At the beginning of the season our aim was to have a good fight for survival.

This has been achieved.

Being relegated this season was always the most probable outcome so why do we all seem so hard done by? And blaming people for the relegation? We were always gonna be around this position and to me we've been a success. We've given it one hell of a go and we're technically still in with a shout this late in the season.

Relegation isnt a disaster, we have a large group of players returning, our teams spine is still here and under contract. Theres nothing to worry about. We tried and we failed, time to dust off and fight for another chance, which looks very possible

rebel

Quote from: Willham on April 30, 2021, 04:59:46 PM

This has been achieved.

Being relegated this season was always the most probable outcome so why do we all seem so hard done by? And blaming people for the relegation? We were always gonna be around this position and to me we've been a success. We've given it one hell of a go and we're technically still in with a shout this late in the season.

Relegation isnt a disaster, we have a large group of players returning, our teams spine is still here and under contract. Theres nothing to worry about. We tried and we failed, time to dust off and fight for another chance, which looks very possible

I disagree with all of that, I'm not sure we've shown the 'fight'. We've lost 21 points from winning positions etc.
For most of the season, we have 'sleep walked' where we are now.

colinwhite

Sleep -walked ? we  havent been watching the same team . There are lots of criticism  that can be leveled at the team but lack of fight or care is way off the mark. We have been competetive in the vast majority of our games . We have lacked quality in front of goal ,but  the team has never given up in the games I jave been watching.

RaySmith

Quote from: colinwhite on April 30, 2021, 05:27:37 PM
Sleep -walked ? we  havent been watching the same team . There are lots of criticism  that can be leveled at the team but lack of fight or care is way off the mark. We have been competetive in the vast majority of our games . We have lacked quality in front of goal ,but  the team has never given up in the games I jave been watching.

:plus one:

Willham

Sleep -walked ? we  havent been watching the same team . There are lots of criticism  that can be leveled at the team but lack of fight or care is way off the mark. We have been competetive in the vast majority of our games . We have lacked quality in front of goal ,but we the team has never given up in the games I jave been watching.

You've taken the words out my mouth.

I mean weve seen a player only on loan here, crying.
And we're hard to beat.
No matter what you say, we have been a tough team to break down, on top of that we play with one of the highest lines in the prem.
We have had a good stab at a very very difficult task, they is no shame in being relegated

Whitestone

Agree with this.

Mullers OG

Good post and one I agree with.  Only the most optimistic supporter would have expected anything other than a fight for survival with the odds firmly against us.  In the event we have proved hard to beat and have never thrown the towel in.  It's a shame we have never been able to see players of the quality of Areola and Andersen from the stands at the Cottage but the whole team has worked extremely hard for the club.

The last time we came up we had arguably a better promotion team.  Yet they performed miserably once promoted with a much lauded manager who seemed out of his depth in the Premier division.  This season we look like a well drilled  proper football team working hard for each other and fighting to the end.   Sadly the club failed to get a proper back up for Mitrovic in case he was either injured, ill, off form or suspended.  Once  one or more of those misfortunes occurred there was always going to be a problem converting chances into goals.

Lessons learned, one hopes. 

Sgt Fulham

Fully agree. Relegation always hurts, but at least we weren't a laughing stock this year. We bring some good memories from this season, and that's what football is all about.

Whitestone

Not a disaster but most definitely not a success. It's never easy for the play-off winner so it was always going to be a fight to stay up. We still might. Recruitment at Fulham continues to be a major issue though. Until we improve in this area we will continue to fail.

The Rock

I think we lost momentum. It resulted in lapsing concentration and lacking resolve.

If only TK would have signed this squad before the ~ 8th match of the season. It's hard to get on a roll when you are cut adrift before your first match.

Sadly, I think the current side would win the Championship, and potentially easily. The leftovers will probably do well. It's not a disaster, but the club could have done better.

It's just the Khan's don't have "it" like their smarter business peers and consistently have losing teams in us and the Jaguars.

blingo

One point from fifteen says it all.

Lyle from Hangeland

This has been achieved.

Agreed!

Jimsbeerbelly

This has been achieved.

Is that you, Tony ??

WindyCity

Sorry, but I've got to disagree with most of the OP's post.  Good fight for survival?  Ha!  I'd like to see a definition of 'good fight'.  I don't consider this season a 'success' in any way.  When the defense was sorted, that did give us a lift and some hope.  Sadly, that took too long to achieve, for many winnable points were left unattained.  And of course the offense was a disaster for pretty much the whole season.  As poor as FFC was based simply on my comments, I still felt they should have been able to get enough points to stay in this league.  Very disappointing campaign. 

WindyCity

Oh, and by the way, you just might consider it a 'disaster' should you see our favorite team in League 1 after next season.  The team is headed for a rebuild and many of the "better" players will no longer be at CC.  It's gonna be a tough next season just to stay competitive in the Champ.

mrmicawbers

2 points from our first nine killed us.That stems from going up through the play offs.Should we be relegated,which is likely we need to get auto promotion next season.Don't think we will play like we have this season in the Championship,well I certainly hope not.

Willham

Quote from: WindyCity on April 30, 2021, 07:59:49 PM
Oh, and by the way, you just might consider it a 'disaster' should you see our favorite team in League 1 after next season.  The team is headed for a rebuild and many of the "better" players will no longer be at CC.  It's gonna be a tough next season just to stay competitive in the Champ.

You seem to forget that most clubs struggled to spend or find players last summer because of viruses, very little willing to sell and everyone asking high prices. It was late but from reports it wasnt from lack of trying.

And no I wouldnt consider this season a failure if we were heading to league one this time next year, I would think this next year is a failure?

Phil Stant

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on April 30, 2021, 07:46:13 PM

This has been achieved.

Is that you, Tony ??
😄✔✔

jarv

Agree. Good post.  I think we can be in agreement. The season was going to be difficult to survive without an in form, firing on all cylinders, Mitro. Of course he was injured and out of form. Or maybe just not good enough for the premier. Looking forward to next season, no matter what.

St Eve