https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker to Spurs

Started by Simply91, May 05, 2021, 01:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnut

Quote from: We Are Premier League on May 05, 2021, 06:02:02 PM
Swap him for Troy Parrott

Troy struggled in league one. PL might be a step too far for him, unfortunately.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Jules on May 05, 2021, 08:36:13 PM
Quote from: Willham on May 05, 2021, 08:08:06 PM
I voted to keep parker but if he went to spurs I'd be pretty happy.
We get some compensation and I do picture parker in a spurs shirt so I feel it fits
Same with me. He is a spurs guy deep down. I don't think he will get the job though. Really surprised he is anywhere near the shortlist
Yep he's a Spurs fan but can't see him getting the job atm whatever the odds on offer. Despite him being a media darling,  which puts him even more in the frame than he should be, like Lampard at Chelsea, it would be far too soon...

Cumbrian White

We'll be absolute mugs to lose SP in my view, he has done remarkably well given the players he has to work with. Criminally small squad, effectively no more than 10 or 11 players of PL quality, half of which came far too late in the transfer windows.   

Andy S

I think Scott could do with waiting another couple of seasons even if it is with another club. His career is still moving upwards and there is no need to make it peak too soon. Spurs should surely be able to do better for next season than Parker. Money is no object to them

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Cumbrian White on May 05, 2021, 09:13:08 PM
We'll be absolute mugs to lose SP in my view, he has done remarkably well given the players he has to work with. Criminally small squad, effectively no more than 10 or 11 players of PL quality, half of which came far too late in the transfer windows.   
:plus one:

Tabby

Quote from: Wingnut on May 05, 2021, 08:46:15 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on May 05, 2021, 04:10:53 PM
I didn't read the article, but I find these sort of pontifications rather amusing.  I like SP.  But I don't see how any established 'big' club would even consider him at this stage of his career.  He really hasn't done much to warrant such consideration, in my view.

I like SP but the Spurs odds dont make any sense. He's second favourite for the job, and the likes of Sean Dyche, a rock solid PL manager, is miles behind him. I think it'd be a bad move for Scot at this point in his career.

Dyche isn't a "sexy" manager. Parker has basically every pundit in England eating out of his hand otoh.

Don't see what all the fuss is about, Parker comes across as a deeply mediocre manager to me. Don't really see anything from his time here to suggest that Tottenham would want him, unless they want a manager to be friends with the players after Mourinho.

Asotosyios

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 05, 2021, 09:25:11 PM

We have a rather large squad with 4-5 players staying out of the 25-man PL squad.

As for your 10-11 PL quality players comment, I will genuinely ask out of curiosity:
- if that's the case, does this mean that only our starting 11 are good enough for the PL?
- Again, does this mean that all the players that got us promoted last year are not enough for the PL?
- How many PL players teams like Newcastle, Burnley, Southampton have?
- How many PL players does Parker need to get 35-40 points?
- What's Parker's and any Parker's role if they need 20 PL players to compete and perhaps attack in a game or two?

I understand that people like Parker and there is nothing wrong with that, but saying that all our players are totally useless for this level and that Parker has worked miracles to get to 27 points and 25 goals in 34 games is extreme to say the least and insulting for the rest of us that watch the same games.

To add my 2p, I doubt Spurs will move for Parker but even if they did I would hardly lose any sleep. I am sure there are loads of managers out there that can do as much or as little as Parker did.

I will suggest a name as well (another 2p, feeling generous today) - Daniel Stendel. It's not a random name - I am following Spurs' example.
Parker --> promotion to PL via playoffs --> relegation back to Championship due to not having enough PL quality players going to Spurs (in the PL next season).
Stendel --> automatic promotion to Championship with Barnsley --> relegation to Scottish Championship with Hearts (due to not having enough SPL quality players, if you may) coming to Fulham (in the Championship next season).

Does it sound fair? What do you both think?

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

➕2️⃣
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

÷3

AJW48361

Also all the ex spurs Backroom Boys.

akf

"[Levy] is putting out 'behind-the-scenes' feelers to see if Parker has an interest in the job"

...Like planting hearsay in the press to get journalists to ask Scott in the pre-game press conference about it.  This feels more like the game surrounding the game.

Dunstable Fulham

Burnley's squad is no better than ours and they have 9 more points. I also think a squad that has won at Everton, Liverpool and Leicester and drawn at Spurs and Arsenal is more than capable of getting to 38/40 points in a season and scoring sufficient goals to get there. We have underperformed in far too many games particularly at home not helped by negative, boring tactics that have left us very vulnerable as soon as we concede.

I also don't believe that Parker has had no say in who left and who came in both last summer and again in January. I would like those pro Parker to give an analysis of his involvement in the recruitment process, his tactics, his ability to get the best out of the squad at his disposal. I can't see how this analysis will justify that he has done even an average job when we have 27 points and less than 30 goals scored from 34 games.

I tell you know: Hodgson, Dyche, Potter would have all done significantly better. Those supporting Parker it seems to me just want Parker out. TK isn't going anywhere - do we have a manager who makes the most of his resources- definitely not.

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on May 06, 2021, 07:05:10 PM
Burnley's squad is no better than ours and they have 9 more points. I also think a squad that has won at Everton, Liverpool and Leicester and drawn at Spurs and Arsenal is more than capable of getting to 38/40 points in a season and scoring sufficient goals to get there. We have underperformed in far too many games particularly at home not helped by negative, boring tactics that have left us very vulnerable as soon as we concede.

I also don't believe that Parker has had no say in who left and who came in both last summer and again in January. I would like those pro Parker to give an analysis of his involvement in the recruitment process, his tactics, his ability to get the best out of the squad at his disposal. I can't see how this analysis will justify that he has done even an average job when we have 27 points and less than 30 goals scored from 34 games.

I tell you know: Hodgson, Dyche, Potter would have all done significantly better. Those supporting Parker it seems to me just want Parker out. TK isn't going anywhere - do we have a manager who makes the most of his resources- definitely not.
Soort second to last line should read Khan out, not Parker out!

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Blawarmy on May 05, 2021, 05:19:22 PM
Quote from: cottage expat on May 05, 2021, 05:17:24 PM
Hard to see the likes of Kane and Son adapting to his style of play  079.gif

Kane demoted to the bench for most of the season after a couple of bad games

Son converted to the BDR right wing back role.

hovewhite

No smoke without fire,can see the khan's keeping parker another season as he strikes me behind the scenes as fitting the khan's menu in being politically correct and they trust him I think.If parker goes then a nice compensation package to the khan's.

bobby01

I wonder if  Parker himself is fuelling the rumours. We all know tk is gullible and will be thinking, oooo perhaps I have a really good manager here playing great attacking football, if all the snippets being drip fed are to be believed.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.