https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan interview...

Started by WhiteJC, May 06, 2021, 10:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on May 07, 2021, 03:05:55 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 07, 2021, 01:38:46 PM
I can see [TK] long term plan, it's planned like the engineer that he is and most of the time he does what would do.
He has a BSc in Finance.  He is not an engineer.   His grandfather was a Raj.  His father is the engineer.

Game, set and match.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: ALG01 on May 07, 2021, 01:19:55 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 07, 2021, 01:10:56 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on May 07, 2021, 12:11:42 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on May 06, 2021, 04:40:18 PM
It's an article for Entrepreneur magazine. So if it's not taken at face value, then reading between the lines of things related to Fulham will just upset most on here. In all respects, hate him or love him, TK is an entrepreneur. He's not sitting idle and collecting income from his dad. Do I want him to announce immediately he's delegated everything to a similar "Karim Kassam" for Fulham dealings? Absolutely.
He tried that with CK.  How did that go?   We need someone who knows the English professional game inside out.  The suggestion of Jokanovic/Parker is unrealistic but may be closer to the answer than anything remotely connected with pseudo psychological technology in sport.  I have spent decades in computer stuff and I appreciated their limits when I designed and coded a serious commercial application for the first time.  It sold well because it did what it said on the tin and no bugs.

Don't worry most fans want Tony Khan fired and if he is will celebrate for about a week, until Shahid Khan appoints someone new. As soon as fans see the next DOF, half the fans will want Tony Khan back.

If Tony Khan stays he'll probably buy Aina, Lemina, Lookman and Maja for much too much, which is better than buying no one. Keep Tony Khan he'll keep spending until we are a premier league team.

I cannot imagine what you see in tony Khan that makes you defend him, no matter what.
I judge by results, and if he wasn't dad's boy he would be long gone.

if he had money to spend then he would have done that in january. I was told FFP was why he didn't but he was the one that got us into that situation. He is a part time amateur in a job requiring a full time professional.

So again i repeat, what is it you see that the rest of us do not to give you so much confidence in the man?

I can see his long term plan, it's planned like the engineer that he is and most of the time he does what would do. He had the FFP money to spend for January to June 2021, lots of it so he could have afforded a top striker and winger, but as I said before the window opened only a fool would buy players in the winter 2021 window. Tony Khan plans to give Parker a top squad that he can take down and then up.

As an example, the worse signing TK ever made financial was Ryan Babel, as the winger delivered excellent in-field performance that was never going to make any difference to our financial position. Every pound saved in the winter transfer window is a pound that be spent for next season. I don't even believe he bought in Maja for this season, but to get him as an option for next season.

Tony Khan has a brilliant plan, had the money to do it, and struggles with buying the players to make it happen. Ultimately, the longer we yo-yo the more chance we have to come 17th in EPL. The key is to make sure why yo-yoing we acquire young players that are too good for the championship.

Are you part of TKs PR team? Because I can't think of any other explanation for such utter nonsense. You're either making lots of strange assumptions about TKs "brilliant plan" and present them as facts or you must be part of TKs inner circle of yes-men.

ron

I never realised that TK is quite that wonderful. It's amazing what you can learn by reading such self-glorifying tripe*

*admission time; I didn't do much of that either in this case.

cottage expat

Quote from: Twig on May 07, 2021, 04:15:27 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on May 07, 2021, 03:05:55 PM
I can see [TK] long term plan, it's planned like the engineer that he is and most of the time he does what would do.
He has a BSc in Finance.  He is not an engineer.   His grandfather was a Raj.  His father is the engineer.

Game, set and match.

If he was an engineer he'd probably be running the bumper shop and not tinkering around with sports teams

Somerset Fulham

Mike Rigg, Tony Khan, Ali Mac, Tim Ream, the list is endless.

There always has to be somebody doesn't there?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 07, 2021, 10:23:13 PM
Mike Rigg, Tony Khan, Ali Mac, Tim Ream, the list is endless.

There always has to be somebody doesn't there?

No Just Tony Khan
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

simplyfulham

As an example, the worse signing TK ever made financial was Ryan Babel

What on earth are you on.

Factually, this is untrue. Fulham finished 19th above Huddesfield by 10 points.
Babel scored the only goal against Cardiff to secure 3 points.
Babel scored and assisted against Everton to secure 3 points.
Babel assisted Vietto in a 4-2 win against Brighton to help secure 3 points.

He had a direct hand in securing 9 points for Fulham.
You get more more prize money for every position you finish in the league. You're talking rubbish.

Knockhaert is probably financially the worst deal he's made. Since signing for a reported £15m in July he's played 7 games for Fulham.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ALG01 on May 07, 2021, 01:19:55 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 07, 2021, 01:10:56 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on May 07, 2021, 12:11:42 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on May 06, 2021, 04:40:18 PM
It's an article for Entrepreneur magazine. So if it's not taken at face value, then reading between the lines of things related to Fulham will just upset most on here. In all respects, hate him or love him, TK is an entrepreneur. He's not sitting idle and collecting income from his dad. Do I want him to announce immediately he's delegated everything to a similar "Karim Kassam" for Fulham dealings? Absolutely.
He tried that with CK.  How did that go?   We need someone who knows the English professional game inside out.  The suggestion of Jokanovic/Parker is unrealistic but may be closer to the answer than anything remotely connected with pseudo psychological technology in sport.  I have spent decades in computer stuff and I appreciated their limits when I designed and coded a serious commercial application for the first time.  It sold well because it did what it said on the tin and no bugs.

Don't worry most fans want Tony Khan fired and if he is will celebrate for about a week, until Shahid Khan appoints someone new. As soon as fans see the next DOF, half the fans will want Tony Khan back.

If Tony Khan stays he'll probably buy Aina, Lemina, Lookman and Maja for much too much, which is better than buying no one. Keep Tony Khan he'll keep spending until we are a premier league team.

I cannot imagine what you see in tony Khan that makes you defend him, no matter what.
I judge by results, and if he wasn't dad's boy he would be long gone.

if he had money to spend then he would have done that in january. I was told FFP was why he didn't but he was the one that got us into that situation. He is a part time amateur in a job requiring a full time professional.

So again i repeat, what is it you see that the rest of us do not to give you so much confidence in the man?

I can see his long term plan, it's planned like the engineer that he is and most of the time he does what would do. He had the FFP money to spend for January to June 2021, lots of it so he could have afforded a top striker and winger, but as I said before the window opened only a fool would buy players in the winter 2021 window. Tony Khan plans to give Parker a top squad that he can take down and then up.

As an example, the worse signing TK ever made financial was Ryan Babel, as the winger delivered excellent in-field performance that was never going to make any difference to our financial position. Every pound saved in the winter transfer window is a pound that be spent for next season. I don't even believe he bought in Maja for this season, but to get him as an option for next season.

Tony Khan has a brilliant plan, had the money to do it, and struggles with buying the players to make it happen. Ultimately, the longer we yo-yo the more chance we have to come 17th in EPL. The key is to make sure why yo-yoing we acquire young players that are too good for the championship.

In the Kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is King.

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: simplyfulham on May 07, 2021, 11:19:05 PM
As an example, the worse signing TK ever made financial was Ryan Babel

What on earth are you on.

Factually, this is untrue. Fulham finished 19th above Huddesfield by 10 points.
Babel scored the only goal against Cardiff to secure 3 points.
Babel scored and assisted against Everton to secure 3 points.
Babel assisted Vietto in a 4-2 win against Brighton to help secure 3 points.

He had a direct hand in securing 9 points for Fulham.
You get more more prize money for every position you finish in the league. You're talking rubbish.

Knockhaert is probably financially the worst deal he's made. Since signing for a reported £15m in July he's played 7 games for Fulham.

Totally agree with simplyfulham.
The whole idea of any competitive sport is to compete and this was why Babel was brought in.
Of course we could have just totally given up and saved loads of money in the short term only to lose more when relegated!
Yet again the "Rational fan" contradicts his name.

Baszab

I find it dreadfully boring reading so called "posters" who are really part of the Khan PR team

There is quite a strong PR  at the club - is it headed by the guy who came from Millwall FC?

Some of the above stuff is just nonsense....  especially on Babel

Penfold

Quote from: Baszab on May 08, 2021, 12:29:25 PM
I find it dreadfully boring reading so called "posters" who are really part of the Khan PR team

There is quite a strong PR  at the club - is it headed by the guy who came from Millwall FC?

If it is FFC PR team, it is fairly pathetic behaviour.

Woolly Mammoth

I have thought that for quite a while, and now you have also mentioned it that is no coincidence.
I think the Irrational Rational Fan is suffering from Battle Fatigue.   

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 08, 2021, 02:45:04 PM

I have thought that for quite a while, and now you have also mentioned it that is no coincidence.
I think the Irrational Rational Fan is suffering from Battle Fatigue.   
Quote from: Penfold on May 08, 2021, 01:05:21 PM

If it is FFC PR team, it is fairly pathetic behaviour.

It also shows how desperate they have become.

Never forget your Roots.

FFC In Oz

Some of the stuff by the Parker PR team is just as bad in fairness.

Baszab

Quote from: FFC In Oz on May 08, 2021, 03:24:25 PM

Some of the stuff by the Parker PR team is just as bad in fairness.

I am not sure SP is running a professional marketing and PR program on behalf of himslef - as the Khans seem to be doing

I am aware that players and FFC staff do read this board

SP - this is just a defence of his tactics by his supporters, surely ?

Arthur

In my opinion, there is no way The Rational Fan is an account controlled by Tony Khan's marketing team. I'm no marketing man, but even I can see the best way to get a message across is to start a topic - get your headline message on the General Discussion page and ensure that everyone opening the topic reads your view and reads it first. In two-and-a-half-years on this forum, The Rational Fan has made more than 4000 posts. Yet only 34 of these have been to start a topic.

Moreover, if I were running an account to defend/promote Tony Khan on here, I would make sure it was online at the times when the forum is at its busiest (which I presume is in the evening on weekdays).  No good allowing those anti-Tony Khan threads to go unchallenged for too many hours. And yet The Rational Fan makes three-quarters of his posts between midnight and midday, and hardly any at all between the hours of 4p.m. and 9p.m.

The evidence suggests that The Rational Fan is simply someone who holds a minority view in respect of Tony Khan and nothing more. Those who are trying to portray it differently are barking up the wrong tree.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Arthur on May 08, 2021, 07:04:32 PM
In my opinion, there is no way The Rational Fan is an account controlled by Tony Khan's marketing team. I'm no marketing man, but even I can see the best way to get a message across is to start a topic - get your headline message on the General Discussion page and ensure that everyone opening the topic reads your view and reads it first. In two-and-a-half-years on this forum, The Rational Fan has made more than 4000 posts. Yet only 34 of these have been to start a topic.

Moreover, if I were running an account to defend/promote Tony Khan on here, I would make sure I was online at the times when the forum is at it's busiest (which I presume is in the evening on weekdays).  No good allowing those anti-Tony Khan threads to go unchallenged for too many hours. And yet The Rational Fan makes three-quarters of his posts between midnight and midday, and hardly any at all between the hours of 4p.m. and 9p.m.

The evidence suggests that The Rational Fan is simply someone who holds a minority view in respect of Tony Khan and nothing more. Those who are trying to portray it differently are barking up the wrong tree.

The Tree the good and the great were barking up happened to have the Rational Fan sitting on one of its branches and therefore he has been found guilty as charged, and the tree standing nearest to that tree in the forest said to that tree, "you are the son of a BiRCH ", and the other tree replied " you are the son of a BEECH".

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

Moreover, if I were running an account to defend/promote Tony Khan on here, I would make sure it was online at the times when the forum is at its busiest (which I presume is in the evening on weekdays).  No good allowing those anti-Tony Khan threads to go unchallenged for too many hours. And yet The Rational Fan makes three-quarters of his posts between midnight and midday, and hardly any at all between the hours of 4p.m. and 9p.m.

Arthur, I suspect the Rational Fan is exactly what you say but wow, I am 100% impressed you took the trouble to analyse that 3/4 of his posts, 4,000 of them, were between 4 pm and 9pm.  Is that a guesstimation or is there a way to track that data? I love numbers and was just wondering.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 08, 2021, 07:14:22 PM

Moreover, if I were running an account to defend/promote Tony Khan on here, I would make sure I was online at the times when the forum is at it's busiest (which I presume is in the evening on weekdays).  No good allowing those anti-Tony Khan threads to go unchallenged for too many hours. And yet The Rational Fan makes three-quarters of his posts between midnight and midday, and hardly any at all between the hours of 4p.m. and 9p.m.

The Tree the good and the great were barking up happened to have the Rational Fan sitting on one of its branches and therefore he has been found guilty as charged, and the tree standing nearest to that tree in the forest said to that tree, "you are the son of a BiRCH ", and the other tree replied " you are the son of a BEECH".

Are you TWIG in disguise?

Arthur

Quote from: ALG01 on May 08, 2021, 09:33:16 PM
Arthur, I suspect the Rational Fan is exactly what you say but wow, I am 100% impressed you took the trouble to analyse that 3/4 of his posts, 4,000 of them, were between 4 pm and 9pm.  Is that a guesstimation or is there a way to track that data? I love numbers and was just wondering.

My stating that three-quarters of TRF's posts have been between midnight and midday was an estimate based on looking at a bar chart; I didn't check each of his 4000 posts individually, that's for sure.

I can tell you, ALG0, that you average two-and-a-half posts each day; have started 146 topics; are most likely to post between midday and 2 p.m. and have never posted between 2 and 7 in the morning. And I found out all this simply by clicking on your moniker next to your post two above this one and then clicking on 'Show Stats' on the page it took me to. Enjoy!