Started by perry geyton, May 06, 2021, 11:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Just pay him what he wants and bring him in ASAP

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFC In Oz

The Rational Fan

At £10m per year, Benetiz is not worth it for us. We could sell Tete, Tosin, Anguiissa and Mitro to pay his wages, but I really think Parker with better players makes more sense.

RP24

Managers salaries don't count towards ffp I think, so I'd give him what he wants on a 3-4 year contract.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on May 07, 2021, 07:10:19 AM
Managers salaries don't count towards ffp I think, so I'd give him what he wants on a 3-4 year contract.

Managers wages count for FFP

H4usuallysitting

Bring him in as a consultant.... To avoid FFP.....Let him mould our club into a specific way/method of playing that runs from the first team to the under 9's..... he'd be leaving a legacy for the club

Woolly Mammoth

Make him D of F if you want to bring him in.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 07, 2021, 05:28:27 AM
At £10m per year, Benetiz is not worth it for us. We could sell Tete, Tosin, Anguiissa and Mitro to pay his wages, but I really think Parker with better players makes more sense.

I think we could get him for around £7m per year (bear in mind that Parker is apparently on £5m). Now that he has made his millions in China his demands won't be about money - more about the 'project' and the degree of control he will have in recruitment etc.  We won't need to sell any players to bring him in (Anguissa will be on his way regardless and Mitrovic possibly as well - given that Benitez is not a fan!)

That said, he is more likely to go to a top 10 premier league side - Spurs or Arsenal maybe??

PaulJ123

Benitez would be the absolute dream appointment (presuming Slav wouldn't come back of course!)

Totally agree, go the big manager route a la Leeds. More likely to keep us up if we were to get promoted again.

Twig

Err yes they do.

bill taylors apprentice

I would support this but only if he doesn't drain the finances.

perry geyton

Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 07, 2021, 10:59:49 AM
Benitez would be the absolute dream appointment (presuming Slav wouldn't come back of course!)

Totally agree, go the big manager route a la Leeds. More likely to keep us up if we were to get promoted again.
That's what I'm saying, a quality manager can get more out of lesser players and I'd guarantee if and when he. Gets us up we won't drop again the following season

If he was to come in it'd be curtains for Mitro tho although it pretty much already is as it stands at the moment

Somerset Fulham

ex-Pat

FFC In Oz

Quote from: ex-Pat on May 08, 2021, 01:12:46 AM
Nah,, he's rank.

Benitez is rank?

If Benitez is rank, then what does that make Parker?

deadcowboys

Having had to deal with Mike Ashley, why would he want to put up with TK when he doesn't need to?

Whitestone

Apart from the cost implications would our owners  hire a big name manager after the failings of Magath and Ranieri ? I doubt that Benitez would consider Fulham anyway and even if he did I'm not sure our owners would back him the same way that Al Fayed backed Keegan. They probably couldn't anyway due to FFP. Good shout though if a change were to be considered.

RP24

Quote from: Twig on May 07, 2021, 11:15:04 AM

Err yes they do.

Ahh I didn't know that. Makes it a bit more difficult then

Blawarmy

Quote from: perry geyton on May 07, 2021, 02:41:14 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 07, 2021, 10:59:49 AM

That's what I'm saying, a quality manager can get more out of lesser players and I'd guarantee if and when he. Gets us up we won't drop again the following season

If he was to come in it'd be curtains for Mitro tho although it pretty much already is as it stands at the moment
Bielsa for example.