watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This is why I really want them to go down tomorrow

Started by bobby01, May 07, 2021, 09:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

At the start of 1983, Queens Park Rangers and Fulham were both Second Division clubs challenging for promotion. By the end of the 1982/83 season, though, Rangers had been promoted while Fulham, who'd been five points clear of fourth-placed Leicester City with five games to play, missed out under controversial circumstances at Derby County on the last day of the season. Derby needed a win to ensure that they avoided relegation to the Third Division and got it, but crowd trouble throughout the afternoon – including a pitch invasion after the only goal of the game, which led to the crowd standing right on the touchline for the closing stages of the match, which resulted in one Fulham player being kicked by a fan while the game was going on and the referee blowing for full-time with a couple of minutes left to play. The Football League allowed the result to stand.

Absolutely disgraceful day that was.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget it, revenge is a dish best served cold.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 07, 2021, 10:21:18 AM
Never forget it, revenge is a dish best served cold.

Clearly hasn't worked out for Rooney, they are normally in the play-offs. So not so much this season.

bill taylors apprentice

I was at that game and will just love it if they go down!

Dunstable Fulham

Totally agree. I feel exactly the same and shared this with a Luton fan before their game with Rotherham on Tuesday night. Myself and my brother were at that match. The journey up on the train was horrible with a fire extinguisher being thrown onto the track at Leicester and police interrogation etc. As for the match itself the atmosphere was toxic throughout and the events of the last 2o minutes once Derby scored were unbelievable.

Good riddance to them.

rebel

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 07, 2021, 11:33:58 AM
I was at that game and will just love it if they go down!

That match should have been replayed. I still remember the 'feeling' of being 'cheated'. If it happened today it would 100% be replayed. That was a back to the 1880's of football, where fans could get away with stuff.

ALG01

I went to the game. 8iut was horrible.
but we went didn't go up primarily because ernie clay did not invest at the right time (at all).
The last game was a disgrace and showed the football authorities were morally banckrupt as the game obviously should have been replayed.
I do not wish them ill will or good will, it was a long time ago.

SP

The actions of many of their fans was a disgrace but the aggressive behaviour of the local police to the FFC fans arriving at the station shocked me more.  An awful day.  Funny enough, when Super Mac visited the Cottage a couple of years back he was still furious. 

Steeeeeeeeeed

Video of that day

Crazy stuff.

graham

fluffyninja

I agree but think we had our revenge on the pitch at the Putney end right in front of their fans at the end of the play off semi final , hate is a strong word but I can't stand Derby :031:

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: fluffyninja on May 07, 2021, 07:14:24 PM
I agree but think we had our revenge on the pitch at the Putney end right in front of their fans at the end of the play off semi final , hate is a strong word but I can't stand Derby :031:
Hate is not healthy.... but very glad to see them suffering ..... 👍😉⚽️⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

sunburywhite

They are at home to Sheffield Wednesday

If Wednesday win Derby go down, simples

I hope they stay up so we can do the double over them next year
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

clarkey

What a disgrace that day was, and the authorities did not oder a replay ! Cost us.

Hope they lose today. C'mon Sheff.

rebel

rebel

SP

Mr White

When ever we play Derby I think of that day and think how the hell did they get away with that.