watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Changes to our squad

Started by JackHamlet90, May 09, 2021, 01:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackHamlet90

Will be tough losing some top players back to there loan clubs to be replaced by some very good Championship players back from there loan spells.

Alphonse Areola     -      Marcus Bettinelli
Ola Aina                 -     Steven Sessegnon
Joachim Andersen   -     Alfie Mawson
Ademola Lookman   -    Neeskens Kebano
Mario Lemina          -     Stefan Johansen
Ruben Loftus Cheek -     Anthony Knockeart
Josh Maja                -     Aboubakar Kamara

A lot of the returning ones are very good at this level & will boost the squad. Would love to see Lemina & Maja stay with us next season that would make us so much stronger.

I do think if we can find a way to hold on to Tete Tosin Reed with the likes of Rodak Hector Onomah Cairney Bryan BDR Cavaleiro who are good at this level I fancy us to have a strong season 

Jules

Hmm this doesn't fill me with much confidence at all. I would say several of these we loaned out we should be looking to offload from our books (if there are takers). None have set the world alight on loan, and some are sitting on the bench again which says a lot. The only one I would welcome back is Stef Jo, but the way he has been treated and bombed out I wouldn't think he wants to come back anyway. We really need a sizeable rebuild with new players who are motivated to play for us. The other thing is goals. We need to score more. Some of this is down to tactics but this is not a Parker thread. I would be surprised if Mitro stays. If he does wish to leave we should take the money and invest wisely in striking options.

Whitestone

None of those returning players listed will be in the starting lineup in August, likewise it is unlikely that any of them will play a regular part next season. I suspect some won't even be at Fulham. It's about time Fulham focused on developing a squad that will be Premier League ready.

roberto w6

Quote from: Whitestone on May 09, 2021, 08:10:23 AM
None of those returning players listed will be in the starting lineup in August, likewise it is unlikely that any of them will play a regular part next season. I suspect some won't even be at Fulham. It's about time Fulham focused on developing a squad that will be Premier League ready.

:plus one:
And that is not to disrespect players who have been great servants and are good Championship players. But we need to think long-term

filham

Yes it would be nice to retain some of the loan players, particularly Areola and Anderson but that is just not going to happen.
A rebuild now has to start, not easy but lets make sure a team is in place before the start of the season.

Mullers OG

For the first time this message board has depressed me. Some of the potential returning loan players aren't good enough and one or two such as Kamara are no-where near good enough.

Looking at this list I'm amazed Parker managed to get us promoted. The championship side wasn't great to watch but with the personnel available did well to make the playoffs.

We need radical changes to the squad. At least our under 18s look the part.

WindyCity

Quote from: Jules on May 09, 2021, 07:27:41 AM
Hmm this doesn't fill me with much confidence at all. I would say several of these we loaned out we should be looking to offload from our books (if there are takers). None have set the world alight on loan, and some are sitting on the bench again which says a lot. The only one I would welcome back is Stef Jo, but the way he has been treated and bombed out I wouldn't think he wants to come back anyway. We really need a sizeable rebuild with new players who are motivated to play for us. The other thing is goals. We need to score more. Some of this is down to tactics but this is not a Parker thread. I would be surprised if Mitro stays. If he does wish to leave we should take the money and invest wisely in striking options.

I agree with Jules here.  Looking at these players does not inspire to be honest.  And still very hard to see where goals are gonna come from.  The defense should be fairly good, but I still see a very weak attack.  As others have suggested, might be time to let some of these players go and try building a squad as close to Prem ready as possible.  Not holding my breath though.  I think next season is gonna be very difficult.  (Hope I'm wrong)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Can we spend the parachute payment, if we go down, on keeping some of the loans
You never know, some like Areola, Aina, Lookman, Lemina and Andersen might fancy
the challenge next year of getting us back up.
If not they are free to leave with out blessings, they will have been well paid for that year
and if we get promoted, either their stock will go up, they will get PS contracts, have a great,
successful and enjoyable season, only be a year older or can get then get a nice paycheck.

Hopefully not all players are only in it for a bit/lot more money.

I was a mercenary, in 1968, I went from Allied United (Feltham) to Feltham FC Reserves (Surrey Senior)
for 4p a game (Travelling expenses) and saved it all by walking to the ground.
4p in those days could get you and Frozen Jubbly.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Classic94

Looking at the ins and outs, we have a serious rebuild on our hands. Sessegnon is the only one I'd keep of the returning players, although we'll probably be stuck with Knockaert. Betts, StefJo and Kebano should be allowed to find new clubs. AK isn't close to being good enough.

It's about time we built a squad capable of making the step up.

LC

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on May 09, 2021, 01:41:07 AM
Will be tough losing some top players back to there loan clubs to be replaced by some very good Championship players back from there loan spells.

A lot of the returning ones are very good at this level & will boost the squad. Would love to see Lemina & Maja stay with us next season that would make us so much stronger.

I do think if we can find a way to hold on to Tete Tosin Reed with the likes of Rodak Hector Onomah Cairney Bryan BDR Cavaleiro who are good at this level I fancy us to have a strong season

From the players returning, I would only keep Betts. Mawson would be great also but I think unfortunately his career is over.

We need an overhaul. The players I think can help us win the championship are: Rodak, Tete, Hector, Tosin, Robinson, Bryan, Reed, Cairney, BDR and Mitrovic.

I would be interested to see if Mitrovic stays and if he does, will the club buy someone to legitimately compete with him.

One of Odoi and Ream should leave, we shouldn't keep both. I would probably keep Ream for depth but the upcoming season should be their last in a Fulham shirt.

We need another central defender for depth, 2 midfielders, and 3 forward players (two wide forwards and someone to compete/replace Mitro).

That's how I see it. If we do that we have a chance of winning the championship and coming back much stronger.

Players we could look at from the championship, Michal Helik and Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld

JackHamlet90

I think Sessegnon be useful as back up to Tete is he stays.
Johansen been quality at QPR I'm sure he will want that move full time but think he is a good player to bring back in but I agree on replacing the rest.
Kebano is useful at this level but I don't want him to limit chances for someone like Carvalho

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on May 09, 2021, 01:41:07 AM

Only Johansen, from who you listed, has had a real positive impact of the club he joined. I don't think many will have a key role next season.

Bronaldinho

I've mentioned this before, but we need to have quality in depth next season.

Defence:

Robinson / Bryan - we won't keep both, unless Bryan is pushed forward to fill the gap in LW.
Kongolo / Mawson - Both high earners and injury prone, can't rely on either.
Ream - Most likely going to head back to the US
Tosin - Pray he stays
Odoi - Will probably deputise back at RB if we don't keep Tete. Question is, hasn't really played for other 12 months - so how impactful can he be?
Hector - Was a beast in the Champ last time around, but hasn't played regularly, looked a different character in Prem - Been playing CDM for Jamaica.

Midfield
Anguissa / Seri / RLC / Kev / Lemina  - All doubts over if they will be here next season, so that's another few down.
Cairney - Captain and legend, but injury prone and isn't the player he once was.
BDR - Class, and hard-working but deputises in multiple roles so need more Midfielders in to allow him to play in one role.
Stef Jo - I fear he goes QPR end of season, he must be frustrated that he never gets the green light once promoted.

Forwards
Maja - Is he what we need? Not sure.
Lookman - Loan return
Mitro - Doubts about whether he stays or not. Entering prime years, great record at Champ level. Not sure he'd want another Champ campaign, especially with doubts over squad quality.
Cavaleiro - He'll be here, but probably only count on him for 5 goals at best
Knockaert - Headless chicken, not good enough needs to be replaced.
AK47 - Same as above.

I know that may all seem negative - but we have to recruit, and recruit strongly if we have a chance to return on the first time of asking - it's a pivotal summer, not just for next season but for the long-term success of the club.

@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

dgnffc

Quote from: Bronaldinho on May 10, 2021, 02:47:39 PM

Defence:

Robinson / Bryan - we won't keep both, unless Bryan is pushed forward to fill the gap in LW.
Tosin - Pray he stays
Odoi - Will probably deputise back at RB if we don't keep Tete. Question is, hasn't really played for other 12 months - so how impactful can he be?
Hector - Was a beast in the Champ last time around, but hasn't played regularly, looked a different character in Prem - Been playing CDM for Jamaica.

Midfield
Anguissa / Seri / RLC / Kev / Lemina  - All doubts over if they will be here next season, so that's another few down.
Cairney - Captain and legend, but injury prone and isn't the player he once was.
BDR - Class, and hard-working but deputises in multiple roles so need more Midfielders in to allow him to play in one role.
Stef Jo - I fear he goes QPR end of season, he must be frustrated that he never gets the green light once promoted.

Forwards
Lookman - Loan return
Mitro - Doubts about whether he stays or not. Entering prime years, great record at Champ level. Not sure he'd want another Champ campaign, especially with doubts over squad quality.
AK47 - Same as above.

I know that may all seem negative - but we have to recruit, and recruit strongly if we have a chance to return on the first time of asking - it's a pivotal summer, not just for next season but for the long-term success of the club.

You haven't included Reed - our most influential midfield player this season

Bronaldinho

Quote from: dgnffc on May 10, 2021, 03:17:29 PM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on May 10, 2021, 02:47:39 PM

Defence:

Tosin - Pray he stays

Midfield

Forwards
Lookman - Loan return
AK47 - Same as above.

You haven't included Reed - our most influential midfield player this season

I haven't made comment on a few - I thought Reed would be fine.

I mainly discussed the potential outgoings and weak points.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

ALG01

Quote from: Mullers OG on May 09, 2021, 02:36:16 PM
For the first time this message board has depressed me. Some of the potential returning loan players aren't good enough and one or two such as Kamara are no-where near good enough.

Looking at this list I'm amazed Parker managed to get us promoted. The championship side wasn't great to watch but with the personnel available did well to make the playoffs.

We need radical changes to the squad. At least our under 18s look the part.

I agree with all this unfortunately U18 is just to young but ttime for the old guard to move on and to imagine mawson will ever be reliable as a long term player is not going to happen. Sess? Who knows, i wasn't that impressed but maybe it will come good for him this time.

And the returning players, how motivated will they be having been told you are ok to be in the championship but after that thank you and good night.

shepperton white

Why is U18 too young? Ability not age should decide.  Look at greenwood at MU - he's only 19 and scoring quite well in the PL. We have a defender (BowaT?) bigger clubs are looking at, then there is Bowie and Biereth are scoring for fun.  If we don't start using our kids we'll lose them

Jim©

I'd imagine Opoku at Plymouth will be able to challenge for a spot at CB at least- he's been pretty good on loan there.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Jim© on May 10, 2021, 04:28:04 PM
I'd imagine Opoku at Plymouth will be able to challenge for a spot at CB at least- he's been pretty good on loan there.

If Opoku is the 4th/5th CB behind Tosin, Kongolo, Hector and one/two of Mawson/Ream/Odoi/Le Marchand, it would make sense if we loaned him out to another Championship club where he will play regularly - same thing we did with Rodak that he had a full season in League 1 and another in the Championship with Rotherham before coming back.