A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who would you prefer gone?

Started by Fulham 442, May 11, 2021, 11:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you could only get rid of one who would it be?  TK as DOF or SP as Manager?

Replace TK
54 (70.1%)
Replace SP
23 (29.9%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: May 18, 2021, 11:46:12 AM

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Penfold

Quote from: HobGoblin on May 11, 2021, 08:26:34 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 11, 2021, 06:03:00 PM
Quote from: ron on May 11, 2021, 01:09:59 PM
Quote from: KingofCheese on May 11, 2021, 01:07:12 PM
Quote from: ron on May 11, 2021, 01:03:00 PM
Not the Khans, ie Shad Khan, just the positioning of TK, who is instrumental in the formation of an impenetrable barrier to progress at the club.

Lets think ...who could have put TK in charge...um..oh yes his Dad and he might be miffed if his decision is constantly being questioned. Its just an opinion...

He'd be miffed right up to the point when he realised moving his son improved the value of his investment in the club.
Agree with both of your posts Ron.

Agreed also, I beleive that SK would sell the club rather than tell his son he isn't involved any longer. I doubt we'd be as lucky with another owner than we have been with the last two.

Do you really think he'd take the enormous financial loss that would entail?

Tabby

Neither are going to leave, so better get used to it I guess.

HobGoblin

Quote from: Penfold on May 11, 2021, 08:36:48 PM
Quote from: HobGoblin on May 11, 2021, 08:26:34 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 11, 2021, 06:03:00 PM
Quote from: ron on May 11, 2021, 01:09:59 PM
Quote from: KingofCheese on May 11, 2021, 01:07:12 PM
Quote from: ron on May 11, 2021, 01:03:00 PM
Not the Khans, ie Shad Khan, just the positioning of TK, who is instrumental in the formation of an impenetrable barrier to progress at the club.

Lets think ...who could have put TK in charge...um..oh yes his Dad and he might be miffed if his decision is constantly being questioned. Its just an opinion...

He'd be miffed right up to the point when he realised moving his son improved the value of his investment in the club.
Agree with both of your posts Ron.

Agreed also, I beleive that SK would sell the club rather than tell his son he isn't involved any longer. I doubt we'd be as lucky with another owner than we have been with the last two.

Do you really think he'd take the enormous financial loss that would entail?

Which his son is an integral part of ensuring has happened, new stand etc. TK has made mistakes but this incessant blame at the owners son and Parker being some sort of teflon bloke, no mistakes. Christ he played 1 striker in games against bottom six teams when needing points and left our top scorer to rot on the bench giving him 5 mins a damn game.

Both have made mistakes over their time in their roles, recruitment TK, team set up SP. Although the people whom harp on about getting the players in late during windows seem to forget that players/agents wait for other teams to see if they are interested in them prior to signing for Fulham and that usually means we have to wait a lot longer. Ie last minute.

If it was my son and i saw the abuse and could easily lose 100m like SK can, i'd be tempted to saw sod you lot. I doubt SK will though as  he comes across as a bit in love with the club now.

The Rational Fan

Sack neither, because we are in a fantastic position to get promoted and then relegated again. Now is not the moment to try and end the yo-yo cycle. The next six months is about ensuring we stay a yo-yo club, with the goal of being 50+ points before Christmas and Mitrovic winning the Golden Boot Next Season.

I fail to see how doing a full analysis that will conclude with Mitrovic, Reid, Cav and Hector will have to be sold upon our next promotion helps with motivating them next season. I would prefer everyone to concentrate on next years Championship and then taking the best players from the championship up again.

We went up last year knowing that Leeds were better prepared for the Premier League, we need to go up confident of starting the season better than the other teams that have gone up.

Players can improve from bad to good. A few years ago, Harrison Reed was poor at Norwich in the Championship with James Madison, but now he is good enough for the premier league. The only caveat is next time are promoted, we cannot go thinking that good championship players can make the jump to the premier league easily

Mr White

Deeping_white

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 12, 2021, 01:29:07 AM
Sack neither, because we are in a fantastic position to get promoted and then relegated again. Now is not the moment to try and end the yo-yo cycle. The next six months is about ensuring we stay a yo-yo club, with the goal of being 50+ points before Christmas and Mitrovic winning the Golden Boot Next Season.

I fail to see how doing a full analysis that will conclude with Mitrovic, Reid, Cav and Hector will have to be sold upon our next promotion helps with motivating them next season. I would prefer everyone to concentrate on next years Championship and then taking the best players from the championship up again.

We went up last year knowing that Leeds were better prepared for the Premier League, we need to go up confident of starting the season better than the other teams that have gone up.

Players can improve from bad to good. A few years ago, Harrison Reed was poor at Norwich in the Championship with James Madison, but now he is good enough for the premier league. The only caveat is next time are promoted, we cannot go thinking that good championship players can make the jump to the premier league easily

Why would you want to get promoted again with the view to being relegated the following season? There's nothing rational about that, it just means we're stuck in a perpetual cycle of having players too good for one league and not the other with no way of breaking said cycle because it isn't sustainable long term. We need a core of 5/6 players that can get us promoted and then play 80% of a season to keep us up, the instability of needing a whole new team every season is why we're a yo-yo club

toshes mate

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 12, 2021, 09:31:12 AM

Why would you want to get promoted again with the view to being relegated the following season? There's nothing rational about that, it just means we're stuck in a perpetual cycle of having players too good for one league and not the other with no way of breaking said cycle because it isn't sustainable long term. We need a core of 5/6 players that can get us promoted and then play 80% of a season to keep us up, the instability of needing a whole new team every season is why we're a yo-yo club
Good point Deeping White because the yo-yo effect relies upon repetition of an extremely risky argument - you will bounce back.  Norwich appear to have mastered the art of automatic promotion on a very frugal budget, and selling their best assets, but then they purchased wisely according to their need.  They also have a wily coach.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Pointless post. Tony Khan isn't going anywhere, so it doesn't really matter.
Parker isn't good enough to work with what he has. There would be other managers who could have got the best out of the players we have, but Parker didn't. So, for me, it's him.
The Khan's spent £100mil last time, badly admittedly, but still spent money. So there shouldn't be a doubt that they want whats best for the club. If we had owners like Kronke at Arsenal, that refuse to spend, we'd have more to moan about. We needed a better defense this time round, they did that. Maybe this year they'll focus their efforts on getting us a strike force.

_Putney_

filham

With only 9 goals from 18 games at the Cottage we can be objective and say that it is our strike force that has let us down this season, it needs to be changed.
So out goes Cav., Reid, Mitro , RLC and Maja.

Woolly Mammoth

Please tell me, you have an obsession with a yo yo. Do you personally have one that somebody bought you for Christmas, as I am at a loss to understand what good will become of becoming a yo yo club. Apart from instability and disruption and a profusion of staff walking through an entrance and straight out of the exit, and the club leaking money whilst this pantomime continues. Where is the sustainability that Mr Khan Senior made a point of when he first purchased the club if he took your advice. There would be no short or long term fix if you had your way, just a circus of and serious of poor judgements, and we have had enough of them already.
With respect You either need to go back to the drawing board and reconsider your opinion on this, or continue to talk a lot but say nothing.
It has been suggested that you are the owners son in disguise to defend his decisions, but I think not as you are far too polite and courteous. So I deduce that you could be a WUM and only you know that. Or you have escaped from an institution and came across this site by accident, or you are a supporter of some description, not a fan, as fan is short for fanatic, but only as a supporter, as reading between the lines I can only gather that what you say gives me the impression that you have never played the game at any level other than maybe at school because your interpretation of what takes place during a football match is robotic with no real knowledge or opinion about how the game should be played in any system of play. I do find you interesting but not for football reasons, only interesting because I alwAys know more or less what you are going to say next and it always goes back to yo yo club and the owners son being on only person in the world that can pursued his father to part with any surplus cash he has kicking around the house.
Your way I regret to say is not the way to run an English Football Club in the English pyramid of football.
So I would like you to come clean and confess what is your hidden agenda, and what part of the globe do you reside ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on May 12, 2021, 10:00:31 AM
With only 9 goals from 18 games at the Cottage we can be objective and say that it is our strike force that has let us down this season, it needs to be changed.
So out goes Cav., Reid, Mitro , RLC and Maja.

Going to post my exact same comment to you again because you made this point yesterday; Cavaleiro was very good at Wolves in their title winning team and BDR scored over 20 goals in one season for Bristol City a few years ago. It's Parker's system and tactics that mean they're not being utilized correctly and I'm sure that a more forward thinking coach would be able to increase their goal return. If Mitro isn't good enough in the Championship then who is, the bloke got us promoted with 26 goals last year and without him we'd have still been in the championship, and next year we're probably not going to have him. All of the players you mentioned would do a job in the right system in the championship, the theme here seems to be that they're under performing for us which would allude to it being a coaching issue rather than all of the players regressing at the same time in pure coincidence

Mr White