News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The next three games, what will we learn ?

Started by Riversider, May 11, 2021, 03:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Quote from: MJG on May 11, 2021, 07:31:33 PM
Thanks to those who have answered the question. I think we have to look at what we have pkan ahead and say XYZ can do it in the PL starting wise, ABC are ok squad wise. We then have to look for players who can fit into one of those two groups in the knowledge that when we go up,we need maybe 6 or 7 new players. You will always have churn and no one expects squads to stay the same,but you expect planning ahead at the very little.

The big difference between going down this time and last is I believe last time we had 3 players who could make the step up in Rodak, Reed and Mitro and Anguissa to return, whereas this time if we have Rodak, Reed, Tete, Tosin, Kongolo, Robinson and Mitro Anguissa both of course who could leave.  This is far more Premier ready permanent players.  If we signed just 2 key players this close season say attacking midfield or winger and striker who had the potential to play in the Premiership we would need far less of a turn over if we got Promoted again.  We also have to consider Parker, if he stays he will be 2 more years experienced, if he goes, we need a manager who is much more Premiership ready.  Finally the DOF will have 2 more years with a Director of scouting or he will have been replaced which may happen via the Director of scouting, all scenarios mean we are better placed than this time round.

Southdowns White

I think if you explain to the youngsters why they are being played in a game the manager can take the pressure off, it can be a good idea. Many youngsters are featured in FA cup games with no obvious long term problems.
For those of you who have played football or indeed any form of work where you are moved up the food chain, do you not remember being slightly stressed and having to adapt to the situation by learning on the job until you understood your position. It is a natural progression until you find the level at which you can no longer move any further forward. For me I would start looking at the realistic players we will have next season.
Some of the Championship will be strong and physical, others well organised and some pretty dire. As we have found to our cost this season every game is important, yes even the first eight! Lets be ready this time, with a team that contains our players ready to compete for our club and some of those players  ready to move seamlessly into the Premiership the following season.

toshes mate

Quote from: Riversider on May 11, 2021, 03:12:12 PM
Despite all the doom and gloom on here I actually think the future is quite bright
Come on you Super Whites !!
I might ask to have some of whatever your on, but I am happier having my feet on the ground.  The future is unknown and always is both short, medium and long term.  A good starting place for any of us is solid ground, a foundation that can stand a decent house being built upon it.  We have not had that once under the Khans and it will not stop until they get their act together and stop making errors of judgement.     

blingo

We will learn NOTHING, he will continue with the same team and the same defensive parker ball tactics.

rebel

For me, win the next three, show something that's been missing in the last 7 / 8 matches. They have nothing to lose now. Go for it.

Riversider

Quote from: toshes mate on May 12, 2021, 09:28:35 AM
Despite all the doom and gloom on here I actually think the future is quite bright
I might ask to have some of whatever your on, but I am happier having my feet on the ground.  The future is unknown and always is both short, medium and long term.  A good starting place for any of us is solid ground, a foundation that can stand a decent house being built upon it.  We have not had that once under the Khans and it will not stop until they get their act together and stop making errors of judgement.     

Anybody that honestly believes that the Khan's have constructed that magnificent new Riverside Stand to then just wallow in the lower leagues needs to give their head a shake,
That stand has been built to house Premier League football and not the likes of Blackburn and QPR ,
We will be back sooner rather than later, you wait and see 👀

bobby01

Quote from: blingo on May 12, 2021, 09:31:59 AM
We will learn NOTHING, he will continue with the same team and the same defensive parker ball tactics.

I was just going to write similar, nothing will change.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: bobby01 on May 12, 2021, 02:56:57 PM
Quote from: blingo on May 12, 2021, 09:31:59 AM

I was just going to write similar, nothing will change.

Unfortunately I agree.

We'll be lucky to even see Carvalho get a token 5 minute cameo

Bill2

Quote from: Bill2 on May 11, 2021, 06:31:32 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on May 11, 2021, 05:40:27 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on May 11, 2021, 04:43:33 PM
Quote from: MJG on May 11, 2021, 03:23:11 PM
These next three games if Marek Rodak,  Fabio Carvalho and Sylvester Jasper aren't the first three the first three names on the team sheet then I'd suggest that mistakes are still being made ,
Those three players are the future of Fulham Football Club and its time we showed them how appreciative we are of them ,
And yes I know Rodak has been injured,
Those three plus Tosin, Tete,  Robinson, Reed and at a push one or two others and we've got a half decent base to build on next season ,
Despite all the doom and gloom on here I actually think the future is quite bright ,
Question, if we started the  22-23 season in the PL and we had Rodak, Tosin, Tete, Robinson and Reed in the starting XI in the first game of the PL season are they good enough that they should be 5 main stays of the team that could stay up that season?

Perhaps not all of them, but I could see Rodak, Tosin and perhaps one of Robinson/Reed with the others as squad players.

I think our squad looks good the Championship (how Parker will utilise it is a different matter) and we only need a few quality additions and not an overhaul. If we get promoted, we can add another 3-4 quality players for the season 22-23 and so on rather than changing 10 players every year. For example, a couple of back-of-the-napkin starting XI for the next two years:

21-22: Rodak; Tete, Tosin, Kongolo, Robinson; Reed, New CM, Cairney; New RW, Cavaleiro, New FW (assuming Mitrovic will say goodbye)
22-23: Rodak; New RB, Tosin, New CB, Robinson; CM (last season), New CM, New AM; RW (last season), New LW, FW (last season)

A fit Tete and Kongolo are Premier quality.  It's creative MF and up front that needs serious work.
Robinson really put a shift in last night and with a better forward/midfield would have made more of an impact. Wouldn't be surprised if a number of clubs are not looking at him and Kenny.
Agree both looked good as they have all season. They were both signed this season so if they are wanted by other clubs we do not have to sell so can command a good fee which should keep some of the predators at bay.

WindyCity

Quote from: rebel on May 12, 2021, 09:41:49 AM
For me, win the next three, show something that's been missing in the last 7 / 8 matches. They have nothing to lose now. Go for it.

Meh....As much as I always want to see FFC win anytime they're on the pitch, quite frankly, at this point, it just doesn't matter.  Can't get excited nor interested at all in these last three games, and really don't care what the results are.....

WindyCity

Quote from: Riversider on May 12, 2021, 02:52:28 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on May 12, 2021, 09:28:35 AM
Anybody that honestly believes that the Khan's have constructed that magnificent new Riverside Stand to then just wallow in the lower leagues needs to give their head a shake,
That stand has been built to house Premier League football and not the likes of Blackburn and QPR ,
We will be back sooner rather than later, you wait and see 👀

Absolutely hope you're right!!  That said, I think FFC is gonna have a rough go of it next season.  What Khan built and desires has nothing to do with results on the pitch and the way this club has been managed during his tenure. 

MartyFFC

3 pointless dead rubbers = absolutely nothing learned