watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Star Likely To Demand Move Away If Scott Parker Stays In Charge

Started by Allestree andy, May 11, 2021, 12:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

I think Parker will be staying and want to offload Mitro, essential we get good money for him at an early stage and then if Brentford fail to get promoted we should put in an offer for their most successful striker.
I always liked Mitro but now think it best for him and us that he moves on.

Andy S

For me it is Parker out Mitro in. I think a decent manager would be easier to find than replace Mitro

Steven Ageroad

All you Mitro fans want him to stay, we're back in the Championship, he won't to stay because he thinks he's better than little old FFC. He'll probably move abroad as all the premier league sides know his limitations just as Benitez did.
You might say that he scored 5 goals in recent international games but if you look those teams they were lower ranked international sides whose defences were the equivalent to Championship sides.
Parker in to keep stability but give him till Christmas.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 11, 2021, 10:28:00 PM
All you Mitro fans want him to stay, we're back in the Championship, he won't to stay because he thinks he's better than little old FFC. He'll probably move abroad as all the premier league sides know his limitations just as Benitez did.
You might say that he scored 5 goals in recent international games but if you look those teams they were lower ranked international sides whose defences were the equivalent to Championship sides.
Parker in to keep stability but give him till Christmas.

A few notes/questions for you:
- We are not Mitro fans, we are first and foremost Fulham fans.
- We love Mitro because of what he has done for Fulham (a lot more than Parker, in my opinion) - we don't have to apologize for this.
- Mitrovic will leave not because he thinks he's better than Fulham, but because he is not wanted and appreciated by his current manager. If he thought he was better than Fulham, he would have left two years ago. He stayed and led us to promotion by scoring 26 goals - not sure if you missed that.
- Why give Parker only till Christmas? Don't we need stability after that?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Nero on May 11, 2021, 08:28:08 PM
20+ goals strikers are hard to come by, bang average Managers are 2 a penny

True, but we can get £25m for Mitrovic and couldn't sell Parker for £1m. If Mitrovic can score a few more goals this season, then he might get a value worthy of cashing in.

FulhamStu

It's all about style of football.  If we play fast counter attack football Mitro is not the player.  If we play keep ball then a hold up player like Mitro is better.  Would you prefer Mitro to Armstrong from Blackburn and fast attacking football or possession football ?

toshes mate

Mitro is not the problem.  Parker is the problem.  TK is the problem.  Jokanovic utilised Mitro straight away.  The struggles in the PL were elsewhere on the pitch just as they have been this season.  Get real you people and stop fawning after our owners.

Make Mitro the problem at your peril because our record under the Khans suggests you must be gullible fools to believe the Khans know what they are about when it comes to recruiting anyone.  They struck lucky with Jokanovic.  They struck lucky with Mitrovic.  Parker struck lucky with the play offs.  Luck happens but figure out how and why someone like Roy Hodgson can ride their 'luck' at clubs like Fulham and Palace regardless.

hovewhite

Get rid of mitro Hes got a contract keep him as priceless next season to going back up.scott had him playing last season,sell him end of next season as not premier League standard,3 cracks at it now not at the level championship yes that's proven

Jims Dentist

Lets not forget that in the second half of our last promotion season we got better results when Mitro was not playing, particulalry after lockdown.

If he wants to go, given his wages and what fee we might get for him, it may be wise to let him go?
Also SP (like many other coaches nowadays) does not seem to want to play with a "target man", although it would be wise to have one in the squad as another attacking option (someone like Michael Smith of Rotherham).

Brawn

I feel there's a lot of having cake and eating it here. Has it occurred to anyone that he was top scorer in the Championship UNDER Parker?

FFC In Oz

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 11, 2021, 10:59:56 PM

True, but we can get £25m for Mitrovic and couldn't sell Parker for £1m. If Mitrovic can score a few more goals this season, then he might get a value worthy of cashing in.

Do you think we can realistically get 25m for Mitro?

I'd be thinking we might get closer to 15m given his form

LittleErn

Quote from: toshes mate on May 12, 2021, 09:09:18 AM
Mitro is not the problem.  Parker is the problem.  TK is the problem.  Jokanovic utilised Mitro straight away.  The struggles in the PL were elsewhere on the pitch just as they have been this season.  Get real you people and stop fawning after our owners.

Make Mitro the problem at your peril because our record under the Khans suggests you must be gullible fools to believe the Khans know what they are about when it comes to recruiting anyone.  They struck lucky with Jokanovic.  They struck lucky with Mitrovic.  Parker struck lucky with the play offs.  Luck happens but figure out how and why someone like Roy Hodgson can ride their 'luck' at clubs like Fulham and Palace regardless.

You do sometimes talk some "tosh" tosh!

blingo

Quote from: LittleErn on May 12, 2021, 04:31:41 PM

[/quo

I agree totally with what Tosh has posted.

LittleErn

Quote from: blingo on May 12, 2021, 04:41:49 PM

[/quo

I agree totally with what Tosh has posted.

So do I up to a point. The "tosh" is how he says it. "Fawning"? Really?  "at your peril" -over dramatic. "gullible fools" - because they disagree with you?

Lordedmundo

Quote from: FFC In Oz on May 12, 2021, 04:13:15 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 11, 2021, 10:59:56 PM

Do you think we can realistically get 25m for Mitro?

I'd be thinking we might get closer to 15m given his form

In terms of his age - he is at his peak and still has 2 years plus in his contract. So, I think we would get £20m plus for him. Although I would happy with Parker leaving as well, it probably is time to let Mitro move on...

Woolly Mammoth

I side with Tosh on this one, especially regarding the Khans, more so the fault lies with Junior Khan, but senior Khan has to take responsibility also. At the moment is Mitro suffering from battle fatigue I ask myself. Every Manager they have employed they have sacked apart from Scott Parker so far.
They treated Slavisa with little respect, especially as he was the qualified professional and they were the unqualified amateurs with poor judgment regarding football matters bordering on incompetence and negligence not forgetting inefficiency.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Keep both, get shot of TK as DOF, all will then be honky dory.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Finnans Right Peg

Its a 50 /50 for me because if we got rid of Parker and replaced him with Beneitez or howe would they get more out of him .

I would cash in provided we use the money on two good stikers that can score in the championship with the abilty to improve in the premier league foe example ollie watkins but then you would need a manager to get the best out of them and that is Parker