watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Charlie Austin & Stefjo

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 12, 2021, 09:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Both wanted by Mark Warburton..... I'm thinking, we need Stefjo as a squad player.....would Charlie Austin be of use to us?

Whitestone

Sounds like a good move for both players. Neither are what we need. Stef Jo has been fantastic for us and by all accounts has been on top form for QPR. Despite that I think it's time to part ways with a player who's best days are behind him. If he returns he will barely feature and he must recognise that. The time has come for Fulham to bring in players for the future. We need to sign players who have either played regularly in the Premier League or have the quality to play in that league because our target should be automatic promotion next season.

Abbotsbury White

Quote from: Whitestone on May 12, 2021, 09:51:53 AM
Sounds like a good move for both players. Neither are what we need. Stef Jo has been fantastic for us and by all accounts has been on top form for QPR. Despite that I think it's time to part ways with a player who's best days are behind him. If he returns he will barely feature and he must recognise that. The time has come for Fulham to bring in players for the future. We need to sign players who have either played regularly in the Premier League or have the quality to play in that league because our target should be automatic promotion next season.

Knowing our luck  when we play QPR next season Austin will get a hatrick and look like the foward we should have signed and Stef Jo will will boss the MF and put one in the top RH corner from 25 yards ensuring his 10th MOM performance of the season :005: :005:
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

filham

I understand the above posts but I just find it hard to put into print that we should let Stefjo go, he has done so well for us in the past.
Make no mistake our loss would become Ranger's gain.

FulhamStu

If we let him go, we should exchange for one of QPR's best young strikers.

Nero

All season Parker been on about player not being cute enough when the opposition are attacking but let's stefjo leave the king of the professional foul and breaking up play

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Nero on May 12, 2021, 10:51:32 AM
All season Parker been on about player not being cute enough when the opposition are attacking but let's stefjo leave the king of the professional foul and breaking up play

StefJo definitely knows the art of winning a game.....can slso pick out a decent pass

Whitestone

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 12, 2021, 11:10:25 AM

StefJo definitely knows the art of winning a game.....can slso pick out a decent pass

I have to disagree there.  He has many good attributes but passing wouldn't be near the top of the list. So many of his passes went astray.

Bassey the warrior

We need to keep StefJo as he provides some much needed creativity. Parker needs to use him more this time though.

Not interested in Austin, need someone with more pace, who can press from the front.

SuffolkWhite

Stefjo won't stay, why would he? He won't get games under SP. Also Mitro, Bryan, there are a few who will look to move on if SP is in charge.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Somerset Fulham

He's a legend as a player but sometimes you've just got to let these things go, I think.

Hopefully not to QPR, but if we're aiming high in this division then we're going to need better than Johansen, sadly.

Sgt Fulham

We could do a lot worse than StefJo. Very much hope he returns.

Matt10

Imagine if Stefjo had stayed on with us, he could pick out a pass, unlike Anguissa. We'd have a lot more ideas in the attacking third that is for sure. Look at how he's done for QPR in such a short time. I just don't think he's ever going to be in Parker's plans. Parker likes the ball on the ground, and StefJo is a classic player who sends it over the top more often. Although, he set up some crucial goals in our promo season, each on the ground. There really isn't any player like him in modern football anymore, and it'd be a real shame if he doesn't come back.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Whitestone on May 12, 2021, 11:24:53 AM

I have to disagree there.  He has many good attributes but passing wouldn't be near the top of the list. So many of his passes went astray.
We agree to disagree....proper Fulhamish

SP

Charlie Austin - do we need another groundsman?

Bassey the warrior

Not true. He's averaged 83% pass completion with 1.6 key passes per game this season.

Whitestone

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 12, 2021, 08:15:55 PM

Not true. He's averaged 83% pass completion with 1.6 key passes per game this season.

Fair enough. Haven't watched any Championship football this season. It certainly wasn't his strongpoint at Fulham though.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Whitestone on May 12, 2021, 08:52:01 PM

Fair enough. Haven't watched any Championship football this season. It certainly wasn't his strongpoint at Fulham though.

Again gotta disagree, first two seasons under Jokanovic he got 8 assists one season and 9 the other.

Whitestone

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 12, 2021, 10:21:06 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on May 12, 2021, 08:52:01 PM

Again gotta disagree, first two seasons under Jokanovic he got 8 assists one season and 9 the other.

That was a while ago. Johansen has been great for Fulham and who knows he may come back, but if we're going to progress as a team we need to move on from the stalwarts of the Jokanovic era. If we are going to get off the rollercoaster of promotion, relegation, promotion, relegation the club need to be more forward thinking in their recruitment of players. If our target next season is promotion which I assume it must be, the players that we bring in this summer must be proven in the Premier League or have the potential to play at that level. Johansen doesn't fit either of those criteria.

sarnian

We have to move forward from the past. Stefjo was just too slow for the premiership, last time in the championship he picked up about a dozen bookings with nearly all being for hacking someone down after being beaten by a player quicker than him.

Like wise, Christie, Ream and Odoi etc  should be ditched if we want to progress with players capable of taking us forward.

Long term planning has to be implemented if we wish to return and STAY in the premiership.