The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Statto on July 28, 2021, 08:54:09 AM
Quote from: JEEVES on July 28, 2021, 08:37:28 AM
Apparently Watford and Brighton are in for grimes

That's the end of that one then

That article is click bait, it says that Grimes is a CB and also says he is Joachim Andersen's replacement at Fulham. Also says that Brighton and Watford want him to play CB. The article is rubbish

JEEVES

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 28, 2021, 09:46:21 AM

That article is click bait, it says that Grimes is a CB and also says he is Joachim Andersen's replacement at Fulham. Also says that Brighton and Watford want him to play CB. The article is rubbish

I've not seen the article you're referring to. I'm made that comment after reading this:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/watford-and-brighton-join-fulham-in-race-to-sign-in-demand-efl-midfielder/

But admittedly there doesn't seem much to it.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: JEEVES on July 28, 2021, 10:02:37 AM

I've not seen the article you're referring to. I'm made that comment after reading this:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/watford-and-brighton-join-fulham-in-race-to-sign-in-demand-efl-midfielder/

Yeah that article is written using the one I've read. Not sure there is any substance to it tbh

JEEVES

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 28, 2021, 10:15:09 AM
Quote from: JEEVES on July 28, 2021, 10:02:37 AM

Yeah that article is written using the one I've read. Not sure there is any substance to it tbh

Good. Some sources I don't even bother clicking. Football fan cast is the worst.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Penfold on July 28, 2021, 10:35:41 AM
Quote from: Blawarmy on July 27, 2021, 06:06:14 PM
Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on July 27, 2021, 04:16:34 PM
Dijon in for Le Marchand apparently

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/07/dijon-targeting-le-marchand-deal/
Dont they want AK back?

Apparently, he was far from impressive during his loan there.
Im not sure how he could be that impressive, they were relegated after terrible season that started way before AK joined. I would surprised if MLM goes to Ligue 2, he would hold out for top league move even if Belgium or smaller place. I assume with heavy amorization charge against him as part of the odd deal from Nice for Seri it will be a loan anyway.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Blawarmy

Another agent used us by the looks of it  ?s=19

Maidstone Lee

Second bid submitted for Rodrigo Muniz according to Portuguese reporter Bruno Andrade.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Blawarmy

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 28, 2021, 04:38:00 PM
Second bid submitted for Rodrigo Muniz according to Portuguese reporter Bruno Andrade.
He prefers us to Boro apparently

The Rock

According to the Twits Muniz wants to come to us and not Boro. He is stalling to see if we can make it happen, but Flamengo (as noted above) has ~ doubled their asking price and still don't want a deal that suits us due to FFP.

I think it'll happen as long as we can match Boro. If Flamengo was willing to take 8m last week, it's not as if they will turn down anything sub-16m this week. They just want the most money possible. I think we are going to get him one way or another as well. Silva wants him.

https://twitter.com/search?q=muniz%20fulham&src=typed_query&f=live

FFCFOREVER

The rock that is Joachim Andersen has joined Palace. Great signing for them imo.

Blawarmy

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on July 28, 2021, 06:08:00 PM
The rock that is Joachim Andersen has joined Palace. Great signing for them imo.
He could have done much better than Palace

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 28, 2021, 06:08:28 PM
Agreed. I thought there would have been a good few established top half prem teams after his services.

Blawarmy

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on July 28, 2021, 06:14:32 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on July 28, 2021, 06:08:28 PM
Agreed. I thought there would have been a good few established top half prem teams after his services.
Definitely. Strange one imo. Obviously wanted to stay In London, but he'd surely walk into Spurs or Arsenals first 11.

Blawarmy

Boro and Flamengo apparently agreed a fee. ?s=19

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 28, 2021, 01:13:08 PM
Another agent used us by the looks of it  ?s=19

We have Seri so not the end of the world if he pulls out.

jayffc

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 28, 2021, 08:21:52 PM
Boro and Flamengo apparently agreed a fee. ?s=19

So up to us to see if we can have a similar offer matched and it's over to the player

WestSussexWhite

I will be amazed if we are matching Boro's bid. They are offering a permanent deal of 8 million upfront rising to 16! We can't get near that

Classic94

If the reports are to be believed, I don't blame us for looking elsewhere. With our original offer, he was worth a punt. We could get a top Championship striker for £16m!

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Classic94 on July 28, 2021, 08:43:34 PM
If the reports are to be believed, I don't blame us for looking elsewhere. With our original offer, he was worth a punt. We could get a top Championship striker for £16m!

Exactly, a loan for 1 mill, and an option for 8 million o was happy with. I'm certainly not happy paying 8 mill upfront for a 20 year okd that has only scored 9 senior goals