https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic94

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 28, 2021, 08:48:14 PM
Quote from: Classic94 on July 28, 2021, 08:43:34 PM
If the reports are to be believed, I don't blame us for looking elsewhere. With our original offer, he was worth a punt. We could get a top Championship striker for £16m!

Exactly, a loan for 1 mill, and an option for 8 million o was happy with. I'm certainly not happy paying 8 mill upfront for a 20 year okd that has only scored 9 senior goals

Agreed. Grossly overpriced given the risk attached.

Still, appreciate the updates!

BestOfBrede

Strange - I didn't realise that people here were paying the fees for players!
I always thought it was the owners and the club?

Twig

Quote from: BestOfBrede on July 28, 2021, 09:23:03 PM

It's an opinion which is what this forum is about. In addition to which many of us would have concerns about the impact of such a fee structure on FFP. Seems to me like the comments are perfectly reasonable.

Caedal

I'm so sick of hearing about FFP. Please can UEFA just scrap it. It's pointless and hasn't done anything except make the richer teams stronger

Lighthouse

Quote from: Caedal on July 28, 2021, 09:53:09 PM
I'm so sick of hearing about FFP. Please can UEFA just scrap it. It's pointless and hasn't done anything except make the richer teams stronger

Which is exactly what it was designed to do.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Twig on July 28, 2021, 09:28:32 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on July 28, 2021, 09:23:03 PM

It's an opinion which is what this forum is about. In addition to which many of us would have concerns about the impact of such a fee structure on FFP. Seems to me like the comments are perfectly reasonable.
True, except when people state they are not happy to pay that eg!
It's not their money now is it!

Tom_FFC

From what I've read, we've offered more for Muniz over the long term but Flamengo are happier with the structure of Boros offer as there's more money up front. Muniz is still holding out to see if we can agree a deal as we're still his preferred destination.

Riversider

Rodrigo Muniz all but done 6 million euros in cash with a further 2 million to follow
Good luck to the lad let's hope he's worth the fuss

The Rock

Deeping_white

WSW - is Grimes due in for a medical tomorrow/Friday still? Arguably the most important transfer now in terms of getting another midfield creator in to play alongside Reed regularly

Blawarmy

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 28, 2021, 10:49:43 PM
WSW - is Grimes due in for a medical tomorrow/Friday still? Arguably the most important transfer now in terms of getting another midfield creator in to play alongside Reed regularly
It seems not. The Grimes link sounds like bs if this article is anything to go by.  https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/the-sooner-better-alan-tate-21170666.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Deeping_white

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 28, 2021, 11:16:15 PM
It seems not. The Grimes link sounds like bs if this article is anything to go by.  https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/the-sooner-better-alan-tate-21170666.amp?__twitter_impression=true

That just sounds like standard deflection to me, he's a caretaker manager trying to assert himself but how often have we heard a manager say a player is in line for an upcoming game and then they're sold magically before that game even happens

WestSussexWhite

It's all gone a little bit quiet on that front, so I honestly can't answer that one Cos I simply don't know!

Arthur

Quote from: BestOfBrede on July 28, 2021, 10:01:53 PM
True, except when people state they are not happy to pay that eg!
It's not their money now is it!

If we can buy the players we want and stay within FFP, I agree, I don't see it matters how much we spend when we've a multi-billionaire owner.

I certainly wouldn't want us to buy someone who's not as good just because he's cheaper if we can afford the players we most want.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 28, 2021, 11:20:34 PM

That just sounds like standard deflection to me, he's a caretaker manager trying to assert himself but how often have we heard a manager say a player is in line for an upcoming game and then they're sold magically before that game even happens
So many stories going around.  He had covid.  Now they say he's injured.  Was he injured with covid?  Actually if he's injured i'm surprised we didnt put a bid in as we've done that a couple of times recently

Riversider

Says to me that Fulham have made an approach,  which is why he was left out, and if the deal can't be completed he will be reintroduced to the squad, I just hope we haven't overspent on Muniz and now miss out on Grimes

Arthur

Quote from: Riversider on July 28, 2021, 11:30:43 PM
Says to me that Fulham have made an approach,  which is why he was left out, and if the deal can't be completed he will be reintroduced to the squad, I just hope we haven't overspent on Muniz and now miss out on Grimes

If your assumption is correct and we can't afford both players, prioritising Muniz will be a choice the Club has made - not an oversight. Whether this would be the better choice probably depends on which is more important to us: a striker or a midfielder.

Somerset Fulham

But this is where it begins. 

Prioritise Grimes and 'why the hell didn't we get a forward.' Get the forward and the outrage will be because people 'knew that we were short in midfield.'

Hopefully we are able to get both over and we'll move on to the next potential 'I told you so' moment.

bobby01

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 28, 2021, 11:53:36 PM
But this is where it begins. 

Prioritise Grimes and 'why the hell didn't we get a forward.' Get the forward and the outrage will be because people 'knew that we were short in midfield.'

Hopefully we are able to get both over and we'll move on to the next potential 'I told you so' moment.

And we all know who will be the first poster with the stick. 064.gif 064.gif
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.