more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 29, 2021, 11:08:52 AM
I know its been said on here before, but with FFP... if you signed someone for 6m on 3 year contract... does it go down as 6, 0, 0 or 2, 2, 2 or does it all depend on all how you split the payments

Typically, I believe, the payment would be split equally over the length of a player's contract - so £2M per year in the example you quote.

If the Club wants to pay more of the outstanding sum sooner, I believe it can -  in your example again, if FFP permitted, the club could write off the remaining £4M in the second year of the player's stay.

If the player leaves the club before the expiry of his contract, any outstanding amount has to be accounted for in that season - of course, whatever fee is received for the player can be used to offset the remaining debt.

Amortisation, and its impact on FFP, is, as others are saying, conceivably the reason why we have held onto a player such as Seri despite his not playing for us for the past two years.

The situation with Seri, however, is far from clear because the deal with Nice was a joint one involving Le Marchand. Whilst the overall fee - supposedly in the region of £28M - represented the actual evaluation of their combined worth, we were asked to over-pay for Le Marchand and under-pay for Seri in order that Nice avoid some sort of bonus outlay to Seri.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Arthur on July 29, 2021, 11:42:05 AM
I know its been said on here before, but with FFP... if you signed someone for 6m on 3 year contract... does it go down as 6, 0, 0 or 2, 2, 2 or does it all depend on all how you split the payments

Typically, I believe, the payment would be split equally over the length of a player's contract - so £2M per year in the example you quote.

If the Club wants to pay more of the outstanding sum sooner, I believe it can -  in your example again, if FFP permitted, the club could write off the remaining £4M in the second year of the player's stay.

If the player leaves the club before the expiry of his contract, any outstanding amount has to be accounted for in that season - of course, whatever fee is received for the player can be used to offset the remaining debt.

Amortisation, and its impact on FFP, is, as others are saying, conceivably the reason why we have held onto a player such as Seri despite his not playing for us for the past two years.

The situation with Seri, however, is far from clear because the deal with Nice was a joint one involving Le Marchand. Whilst the overall fee - supposedly in the region of £28M - represented the actual evaluation of their combined worth, we were asked to over-pay for Le Marchand and under-pay for Seri in order that Nice avoid some sort of bonus outlay to Seri.

It's also the reason we extended Fabri, MLM's contract at the end of the season too. So for FFP purpose the fees drop per season as they are calculating it over a longer period

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 29, 2021, 11:46:26 AM

It's also the reason we extended Fabri, MLM's contract at the end of the season too. So for FFP purpose the fees drop per season as they are calculating it over a longer period
Only forward seasons you mean?, cant change past seasons surely ?

If only forward as i suspect then the difference would not be massive but every little helps i guess

grandad

The only players I want sold are Seri, MLM, Knockaert & Fabri. We will need a full squad with it being a longer season & the threat of a Covid outbreak within the Club.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deeping_white

Little snippet on the Muniz deal:

?s=21

JEEVES

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 29, 2021, 12:47:28 PM

?s=21

Excited about the potential of this guy! Wondering whether he's coming in for cover or to play up top with Mitro.

Blawarmy

Quote from: JEEVES on July 29, 2021, 01:03:05 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 29, 2021, 12:47:28 PM

?s=21

Excited about the potential of this guy! Wondering whether he's coming in for cover or to play up top with Mitro.
The stat machine said yes.  We must use the same one as boro

cmg

The "document being sent to Flamengo" upon which his "departure" depends presumably being, as is ever the case in football transfers, a cheque with a large number of zeros on it.

Caedal

Have to say, I've got a really good feeling about Silva as manager. He obviously really wanted Muniz, and Muniz seems to want to come because of Silva.

Imagine we keep Seri and Anguissa and both play like the players we expected them to be. We could destroy the league. The squad is really strong, especially compared to how weak the league is this year

The Rock

Quote from: Caedal on July 29, 2021, 01:20:36 PM
Have to say, I've got a really good feeling about Silva as manager. He obviously really wanted Muniz, and Muniz seems to want to come because of Silva.

Imagine we keep Seri and Anguissa and both play like the players we expected them to be. We could destroy the league. The squad is really strong, especially compared to how weak the league is this year

That seems pretty optimistic. If Silva can suddenly get all those players to punch at or above their weight we'll finish the league on 100 points + easily. It's possible, but think it's more likely some will succeed and others will not. I personally think he will do better than Parker and get more out of each and every player.

I also think because of Silva it's very likely Muniz is coming and will be the key not just from banging in goals, but relieving pressure on the entire team all over the pitch as we'll have addressed our weakest link and plugged it with hopefully one of the strongest pegs on the pitch elevating our play significantly.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: junior white on July 29, 2021, 11:48:21 AM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 29, 2021, 11:46:26 AM

Only forward seasons you mean?, cant change past seasons surely ?

If only forward as i suspect then the difference would not be massive but every little helps i guess

No so FFP wise the whole deal will be reported differently, so for example if you sign a player 30 million over a 5 year deal it will cost you 6 million a season, say then at the end of contract we extend the contract by 1 more year. That deal will be reported FFP wise as costing 5million a year rather than 6 million a year for the whole duration of the contract. Therefore extending any contract will affect the reporting for previous years too

b+w geezer

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 29, 2021, 01:50:48 PM
for example if you sign a player 30 million over a 5 year deal it will cost you 6 million a season, say then at the end of contract we extend the contract by 1 more year. That deal will be reported FFP wise as costing 5million a year rather than 6 million a year for the whole duration of the contract. Therefore extending any contract will affect the reporting for previous years too
I presumed that too, but when some while ago I put it to Tristan (he of the recent podcast, with a background in football accounts auditing) he said not so.

Marcel_Gecov

God I hope we have smart Accountants keeping up with all this. It seems ridiculously complex. No wonder Derby decided to do the accounts a different way.

Statto

Quote from: b+w geezer on July 29, 2021, 01:55:24 PM
for example if you sign a player 30 million over a 5 year deal it will cost you 6 million a season, say then at the end of contract we extend the contract by 1 more year. That deal will be reported FFP wise as costing 5million a year rather than 6 million a year for the whole duration of the contract. Therefore extending any contract will affect the reporting for previous years too
I presumed that too, but when some while ago I put it to Tristan (he of the recent podcast, with a background in football accounts auditing) he said not so.

I would be astounded if that was true. Not at an accountant but sounds very Irish to me. Suspect actually a one year extension just splits the last years amortisation in half, over two years instead of one

junior white

Quote from: Statto on July 29, 2021, 02:20:22 PM

I would be astounded if that was true. Not at an accountant but sounds very Irish to me. Suspect actually a one year extension just splits the last years amortisation in half, over two years instead of one
Agree as you would then be changing PPG past years FFP calculations which would make no sense at all as you could get money back to spend in past seasons and that cant be right lol

Count Flapula

Exactly - FFP is taken into consideration over a rolling 3-year period (Ithought), so you cant retrospectively change the amortisation figures of seasons outside of that rolling period as theyve already been accounted for surely?

Caedal

ARELOA HAVING WEST HAM MEDICAL

PSG goalkeeper Alphonse Areola is in London for a medical with West Ham United.

A deal has been agreed with PSG over an initial loan with an option to buy. Personal terms have been agreed in principle.

Areola spent last season on loan with Fulham. PSG are happy to let him go following the arrival of Gianluigi Donnarumma.

This is the one I was most sad to lose. Best keeper we've had imo. Amazing that all these players that "failed" us last year are getting picked up by premier league teams. Almost as if the recruitment was good, and the management was terrible...hmm

PaulJ123

Quote from: Count Flapula on July 29, 2021, 02:27:55 PM

Exactly - FFP is taken into consideration over a rolling 3-year period (Ithought), so you cant retrospectively change the amortisation figures of seasons outside of that rolling period as theyve already been accounted for surely?

Be very surprised if by extending a year can go back and alter previous figures - restating figures in accounting is an avoid if possible situation so would be surprised if this is how it works!

Craven Mad

Quote from: Caedal on July 29, 2021, 02:31:58 PM

A deal has been agreed with PSG over an initial loan with an option to buy. Personal terms have been agreed in principle.

Areola spent last season on loan with Fulham. PSG are happy to let him go following the arrival of Gianluigi Donnarumma.

This is the one I was most sad to lose. Best keeper we've had imo. Amazing that all these players that "failed" us last year are getting picked up by premier league teams. Almost as if the recruitment was good, and the management was terrible...hmm

Big fan of his - I think we could have kept him if we stayed up. No hard feelings about him heading to West Ham; he wants to play in the prem and has a house in London. I'm kind of surprised that Arsenal weren't in for him (given their keeper issues)

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 29, 2021, 02:56:55 PM
Quote from: Caedal on July 29, 2021, 02:31:58 PM

Big fan of his - I think we could have kept him if we stayed up. No hard feelings about him heading to West Ham; he wants to play in the prem and has a house in London. I'm kind of surprised that Arsenal weren't in for him (given their keeper issues)

I've been telling my Arsenal supporting relations since the end of the season that they should be signing Andersen and Areola. They could have them both for a combined £30m.

They are gutted that the club are still trying to sign Ramsdate and seem willing to pay the same amount for him alone. A massively inflated price and an inferior player to Areola (IMO)!