https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Quote from: Whitestone on May 22, 2021, 01:55:01 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 22, 2021, 12:32:14 PM
Just been reading about Alex Pritchard being released. I always thought he looked a decent player and would surely be a decent option on the bench for us given our lack of attacking talent?

Will get shot down as he hasn't had the best of times at Huddersfield but who has recently.

We have enough bench warmers already so no need to sign another one.

He is not a centre half so no room for him
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Blawarmy

Just been reading about Alex Pritchard being released. I always thought he looked a decent player and would surely be a decent option on the bench for us given our lack of attacking talent?

Will get shot down as he hasn't had the best of times at Huddersfield but who has recently.

Ex bang average Spurs youngster so he'll be signed up.

wheelerdeeler

An in-depth look at the Summer Transfer Window, and also discussing Scott Parker's future.
https://t.co/9er6ccqM7Y?amp=1

SP

Quote from: Blawarmy on May 22, 2021, 03:06:48 PM

Ex bang average Spurs youngster so he'll be signed up.

And nursing a long term injury no doubt....

South Coast White

We're probably end up with Billy Sharp, we'll he's been everywhere else and scores the odd goal which is a bonus on this season.

Slaphead in Qatar

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 25, 2021, 04:09:37 PM
Norwich looking at Tosin per skysports news

We should be putting a £25 million price tag on him, same as what Everton paid for Godfrey. He's just as good in my opinion.

LC

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 25, 2021, 04:25:51 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 25, 2021, 04:09:37 PM
Norwich looking at Tosin per skysports news

We should be putting a £25 million price tag on him, same as what Everton paid for Godfrey. He's just as good in my opinion.

The price tag should be £0 because he's not for sale. Disgrace if he leaves.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on May 24, 2021, 06:04:14 PM
An in-depth look at the Summer Transfer Window, and also discussing Scott Parker's future.

Some honourable mentions are Rob Dickie, Krystian Bielik (who has Tony Khan written all over), Frank Onyeka, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Jakub Kaminski, Siriki Dembele and Vedat Muriqi.

Asotosyios

?s=20

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Asotosyios on May 27, 2021, 10:30:22 PM
?s=20
May not be a popular view, but anything north of £6m I would take it.
Doubt that Sheff U would bid  that much though.

I believe TC is a Yorkie though, perhaps a conversation has already been had.

bencher

Quote from: Jims Dentist on May 27, 2021, 11:45:12 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on May 27, 2021, 10:30:22 PM
?s=20
May not be a popular view, but anything north of £6m I would take it.
Doubt that Sheff U would bid  that much though.

I believe TC is a Yorkie though, perhaps a conversation has already been had.

He's not a Yorkie, he grew up in Nottingham and was rejected by Leeds as a youngster.
I have a feeling the club would accept a decent bid because of his injury problems. If he leaves, that's the team's identity dead and buried.

JimOG

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on May 24, 2021, 06:04:14 PM

Thanks for this extensive & fascinating scan around European football for some likely lads

filham

So if Cairney was to leave who becomes our playmaker next season . In fact our midfild could need a complete rebuild.
No K Mac, Stefjo at QPR, Anguissa off, Lemina away.

Essential we hang on to Reed and then maybe make an attemt to Keep Lemina.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on May 28, 2021, 10:03:47 AM
So if Cairney was to leave who becomes our playmaker next season . In fact our midfild could need a complete rebuild.

Seri could play the role, I'd keep Johansen as well.

Twig

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 28, 2021, 10:08:33 AM

I've yet to see Seri show anything to suggest he's a playmaker and  Stef Jo isn't either. We would need a new signing and might well struggle to do better than a fully fit TC. Of course, if TC can't get fit then imo we'd have no option but to look to sign someone. The absence of a TC type really blunted us this season

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Twig on May 28, 2021, 11:10:57 AM

I've yet to see Seri show anything to suggest he's a playmaker and  Stef Jo isn't either. We would need a new signing and might well struggle to do better than a fully fit TC. Of course, if TC can't get fit then imo we'd have no option but to look to sign someone. The absence of a TC type really blunted us this season

If we sell Cairney then we will need two playmakers (one as back up). I would say that such players are extremely hard to come by. So no we should not sell Cairney!

Aside from the first 3-4 games when he was playing in the sunshine - Seri has shown absolutely nothing in a Fulham (or any other) shirt to suggest he will be in any way shape or form ready,willing or able to be a first teamer for us next season.

Matt10

Quote from: Lordedmundo on May 28, 2021, 12:00:28 PM
Quote from: Twig on May 28, 2021, 11:10:57 AM

If we sell Cairney then we will need two playmakers (one as back up). I would say that such players are extremely hard to come by. So no we should not sell Cairney!

Aside from the first 3-4 games when he was playing in the sunshine - Seri has shown absolutely nothing in a Fulham (or any other) shirt to suggest he will be in any way shape or form ready,willing or able to be a first teamer for us next season.

Agreed. Cairney may be injury prone, but there really aren't many players like him. StefJo type of players are even more rare. I can't think of a current modern day player who plays like StefJo.

Cairney's possession in the middle of the pitch is what keeps the balance of attack going, and allows freedom to build in those crucial attacking thirds. It's not a coincidence that we lost the sharpness there when he left. RLC was supposed to be the next reliable one here, but his first touch was not consistent, and his power dribbles forward rarely led to direct chances.

I think we could be in a bad spot if we sell Cairney and StefJo. Hopefully the scouts are keeping an eye on some actually proven playmakers that can either sit in the regista spot or be a classic number 10.

filham

I think Seri made it clear two seasons ago that he was not prepared to drop down to Championship level so without a fit Cairney we are without a playmaker and finding a replacement is not going to be easy.

Bring back Roberts, I always felt that he would develop into that position or even Cauley Woodrow, Some lateral thinking is required.

sunburywhite

Thats the big problem we had this year, no decent palymaker able to dominate a game
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me