more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Quote from: filham on May 28, 2021, 06:08:25 PM
I think Seri made it clear two seasons ago that he was not prepared to drop down to Championship level so without a fit Cairney we are without a playmaker and finding a replacement is not going to be easy.

Bring back Roberts, I always felt that he would develop into that position or even Cauley Woodrow, Some lateral thinking is required.

Carvalho? appreciate thats a punt but I'd love for him to come good in that positon

vancouver

We need another signing like when we first signed Cairney. A young english midfielder with some flair and attacking prowess. We know tom cant cut it at the PL level and he's getting older/injury prone. Perfect departure for us as long as we recruit an adequate young replacement. May i suggest Styles from Barnsley. Would be a cracking signing.

Arthur

Quote from: vancouver on May 28, 2021, 07:45:29 PM
We need another signing like when we first signed Cairney. A young english midfielder with some flair and attacking prowess. We know tom cant cut it at the PL level and he's getting older/injury prone. Perfect departure for us as long as we recruit an adequate young replacement. May i suggest Styles from Barnsley. Would be a cracking signing.

A good suggestion.

Having reached the play-offs, however, Barnsley will, I'm sure, be aiming to repeat that feat next season. As such, I think we'll need to offer, what would be for us, something of a 'king's ransom' in order to persuade The Tykes to sell. And even then, it wouldn't surprise me were there to be interest from at least one Premier League club - which, of course, will certainly be the preferred destination of the selling club and, very likely, of the player himself.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: jayffc on May 28, 2021, 07:08:31 PM
Quote from: filham on May 28, 2021, 06:08:25 PM
I think Seri made it clear two seasons ago that he was not prepared to drop down to Championship level so without a fit Cairney we are without a playmaker and finding a replacement is not going to be easy.

Bring back Roberts, I always felt that he would develop into that position or even Cauley Woodrow, Some lateral thinking is required.

Carvalho? appreciate thats a punt but I'd love for him to come good in that positon

Carvalho deserves a chance.

Matt10

Quote from: Arthur on May 28, 2021, 08:32:34 PM

A good suggestion.

Having reached the play-offs, however, Barnsley will, I'm sure, be aiming to repeat that feat next season. As such, I think we'll need to offer, what would be for us, something of a 'king's ransom' in order to persuade The Tykes to sell. And even then, it wouldn't surprise me were there to be interest from at least one Premier League club - which, of course, will certainly be the preferred destination of the selling club and, very likely, of the player himself.

Yeah, great shout, but I'm afraid he'll be PL bound.

After that, I am not sure who else is out there that could do the job. In Parker's system we know it's not just about attacking prowess though, so chances are someone who can defend just as well as they can attack. Personally, and I go this route a lot, but someone from the Bundesliga would suit this model as that league is geared for high pressure, and players are all required to be attackers and defenders.

Knowing us though, we'll probably find some unproven Ligue 1 player. Not sure I can stomach that again to be perfectly honest.

JackHamlet90

We should not sell Cairney he will be vital next season but if we do for whatever reason maybe someone like Hourihane could come in plus we have Carvalho

Riversider

A lot of people getting their knickers in a twist about either Mitro or Cairney joining Sheff Utd, well I'll make a prediction now that will have those people blubbering if it does happen,
Ryan Sessegnon to Utd on a one year loan with an option to buy, far more likely to happen than either of the other two,
Watch this space.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Riversider on May 29, 2021, 08:43:04 AM
A lot of people getting their knickers in a twist about either Mitro or Cairney joining Sheff Utd, well I'll make a prediction now that will have those people blubbering if it does happen,
Ryan Sessegnon to Utd on a one year loan with an option to buy, far more likely to happen than either of the other two,
Watch this space.

Sess has had a successful loan in the Bundesliga so wouldn't accept a drop down a division.

Riversider

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 29, 2021, 09:18:18 AM
Watch this space.

Sess has had a successful loan in the Bundesliga so wouldn't accept a drop down a division.
Not sure how you are defining successful  ?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Riversider on May 29, 2021, 11:14:45 AM
Watch this space.

Played 28 games and likely would've played more but he missed 8 games with injury. 2 goals and 3 assists despite mainly playing left back.

He's had a taste of top league football and isn't likely to drop down to a second division level.

Riversider

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 29, 2021, 11:25:52 AM
Watch this space.

Played 28 games and likely would've played more but he missed 8 games with injury. 2 goals and 3 assists despite mainly playing left back.

He's had a taste of top league football and isn't likely to drop down to a second division level.
Oh ok, to me successful would have meant Spurs welcoming him back with open arms to play in The Premier League which I can't see happening,  unless Norwich,  Watford or Palace fancy him on loan I believe there is every chance he will be playing in The Championship next season which wouldn't be a bad idea for him.

Woolly Mammoth

Agreed, he is quality and can only get better.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

It's been reported on twitter that Daryl Dike might be sold to Fulham. If true, I'm guessing Mitrovic will be sold.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Riversider on May 29, 2021, 11:33:54 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 29, 2021, 11:25:52 AM
Watch this space.

Oh ok, to me successful would have meant Spurs welcoming him back with open arms to play in The Premier League which I can't see happening,  unless Norwich,  Watford or Palace fancy him on loan I believe there is every chance he will be playing in The Championship next season which wouldn't be a bad idea for him.

I'm sure he'll get many offers on loan.

sarnian

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on May 29, 2021, 09:53:58 PM
It's been reported on twitter that Daryl Dike might be sold to Fulham. If true, I'm guessing Mitrovic will be sold.

Hope not. Watched him in the playoffs and seems to have an attitude problem, lucky not to have been sent off first leg and only used as sub second leg.

BarryP

Quote from: sarnian on May 29, 2021, 10:49:20 PM

Hope not. Watched him in the playoffs and seems to have an attitude problem, lucky not to have been sent off first leg and only used as sub second leg.

I've only ever heard positive things about Dike's attitude from his manager, coaches and teammates.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Lyle from Hangeland

He definitely doesn't have an attitude problem. Smart, hard working player.

The guy tweeting this works for Orlando City who owns Dike. So interesting. Dike is a poor man's Lukaku. Not a technical player , but strong and fast for his big size, and has natural goal scoring instincts.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/a-move-that-would-make-perfect-sense-fulham-eye-deal-for-powerful-forward-the-verdict/

sarnian

So
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on May 30, 2021, 01:09:23 AM

The guy tweeting this works for Orlando City who owns Dike. So interesting. Dike is a poor man's Lukaku. Not a technical player , but strong and fast for his big size, and has natural goal scoring instincts.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/a-move-that-would-make-perfect-sense-fulham-eye-deal-for-powerful-forward-the-verdict/

So you listen to Dikes agent and believe him. I watched him play in those playoff semi finals and listened to what the pundits said about him being dropped for the second leg because of his actions and attitude in the first leg game.

If Lookman and Loftus Cheek's agents and owning clubs came on here praising both for their goal scoring potential, workrate and commitment to fighting for the cause who would you believe?.  There agents or your own eyes after watching 30 odd turgid performances this last season from both.  Enough said I believe.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: sarnian on May 30, 2021, 04:14:35 AM
So

So you listen to Dikes agent and believe him. I watched him play in those playoff semi finals and listened to what the pundits said about him being dropped for the second leg because of his actions and attitude in the first leg game.

If Lookman and Loftus Cheek's agents and owning clubs came on here praising both for their goal scoring potential, workrate and commitment to fighting for the cause who would you believe?.  There agents or your own eyes after watching 30 odd turgid performances this last season from both.  Enough said I believe.

No, the guy talking about this on twitter is not his agent, but is an American-Brazilian soccer personality on twitter who also coaches at Orlando City who Dike plays for. More power to you for believing the word of commentators for one playoff game. If that is how you scout players, you do you. However, over a young career, he's known in American football circles for being smart, coachable, and hard working.  Dude totally transformed Barnsley after the winter break, which got them into the playoffs in the first place.

BarryP

Quote from: sarnian on May 30, 2021, 04:14:35 AM
So

If you listen to pundits you would believe RLC was one Fulham's top performers this season. Lyle is correct that Dike is well known for his coachability and work ethic. Here is what one of his Barnsley teammates had to say about him.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/how-daryl-dike-made-a-lasting-impression-at-barnsley-3253369

By the way, I watched the playoff matches too and heard the Barnsley fans singing to Dike during the home match. Tells me a lot that the fans had a song for a guy on a half season loan deal.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."