Tabby

deadcowboys

Quote from: junior white on June 03, 2021, 04:05:58 PM
Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on June 03, 2021, 12:50:32 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on June 02, 2021, 08:23:55 PM
Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on June 02, 2021, 06:35:23 PM
Been open since May 24.

Not open until June 9th

That's the Premier League window. We are now classified as an EFL side.
This article seems to indictate 9th June for the EFL

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-fixture-release-transfer-window-24093908

That was my understanding too. But for us when it opens is often an irrelevance. More importantly, when it closes. How close to 31/8/21 does TK want to leave it given the season starts on 7/8/21?

Blawarmy

Quote from: Tabby on June 03, 2021, 04:46:19 PM
Been open since May 24.

Not open until June 9th

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-fixture-release-transfer-window-24093908

Got the same answer looking around. Doesn't stop you from agreeing to sign someone mind.
If QPR have 'signed' Austin then either the June date is wrong or has he signed some kind of pre contract agreement, if that can be done?

junior white

Been open since May 24.

Not open until June 9th

Got the same answer looking around. Doesn't stop you from agreeing to sign someone mind.
Nope agree, i just wanted to clarify the timings.

In fact when we signed Bullard we announced it 2 games before the end of the season if memory serves as I believe we met his clause and then Wigan didnt play him due to that

junior white

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 03, 2021, 04:56:47 PM
Been open since May 24.

Not open until June 9th

If QPR have 'signed' Austin then either the June date is wrong or has he signed some kind of pre contract agreement, if that can be done?
You can do the deal but the registration of the player isnt completed until the opening of the window as I understand things

JoeS

This would be my main transfer targets list for this window. Defensively I think we are in good shape currently so would prioritise our midfield/attacking options.

Midfielders:
- Alex Mowatt (free transfer - Barnsley), good attacking player with an eye for goal
- John Lundstram (free transfer - Sheff Utd), proved he can play in the Prem should we get promoted

Forwards:
- Adam Armstrong (Blackburn), prolific last season (only Toney scored more), but may be expensive
- Clarke-Harris (Peterborough), Ivan Toney part two?
- Dembele (Peterborough), skillful winger who we've been linked to previously
- Dike (Orlando), Barnsley could not take their option on him, shame as he was a revelation for them

Slaphead in Qatar

Blawarmy

Quote from: JoeS on June 03, 2021, 05:25:31 PM
This would be my main transfer targets list for this window. Defensively I think we are in good shape currently so would prioritise our midfield/attacking options.

Midfielders:
- Alex Mowatt (free transfer - Barnsley), good attacking player with an eye for goal
- John Lundstram (free transfer - Sheff Utd), proved he can play in the Prem should we get promoted

Forwards:
- Adam Armstrong (Blackburn), prolific last season (only Toney scored more), but may be expensive
- Clarke-Harris (Peterborough), Ivan Toney part two?
- Dembele (Peterborough), skillful winger who we've been linked to previously
- Dike (Orlando), Barnsley could not take their option on him, shame as he was a revelation for them
Send this to Tony please

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 03, 2021, 04:56:47 PM
Been open since May 24.

Not open until June 9th

Austins contract at Southampton had expired and was therefore a free agent and could sign for anyone at any time.

Barrett487

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/06/manchester-city-line-up-move-for-robinson/

Manchester City line up move for Robinson

Manchester City are preparing a shock move for Fulham full back Antonee Robinson, according to the Sun.

Pep Guardiola is planning to overhaul his squad after City's Champions' League final disappointment and aims to sign younger players for the future. The 23 year-old's athleticism and attacking instincts appeal to Guardiola and the English champions believe that a £10m bid would be enough to persuade Fulham to part with a player they only signed last summer from Wigan.

Robinson made 35 appearances in his debut season for Fulham, quickly displacing the club's Wembley hero Joe Bryan at left back, and impressed despite the blow of relegation. The former Everton trainee has won eleven caps for the United States and helped the Americans qualify for the CONCACAF Nations League final in his first start for his country earlier this week.

Statto

Quote from: junior white on June 03, 2021, 05:07:13 PM
Been open since May 24.

Not open until June 9th

In fact when we signed Bullard we announced it 2 games before the end of the season if memory serves as I believe we met his clause and then Wigan didnt play him due to that

We also signed Hector about 3 months before the window opened

You can sign players anytime, bring them over and have thrn training and playing friendlies, they just can't play in a competitive match under the window opens

Bill2

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 06, 2021, 12:16:40 AM
https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/06/manchester-city-line-up-move-for-robinson/

Manchester City are preparing a shock move for Fulham full back Antonee Robinson, according to the Sun.

Pep Guardiola is planning to overhaul his squad after City's Champions' League final disappointment and aims to sign younger players for the future. The 23 year-old's athleticism and attacking instincts appeal to Guardiola and the English champions believe that a £10m bid would be enough to persuade Fulham to part with a player they only signed last summer from Wigan.

Robinson made 35 appearances in his debut season for Fulham, quickly displacing the club's Wembley hero Joe Bryan at left back, and impressed despite the blow of relegation. The former Everton trainee has won eleven caps for the United States and helped the Americans qualify for the CONCACAF Nations League final in his first start for his country earlier this week.
Well we should up the price, I doubt if he has a buy out clause so the starting bid is £20 mill. Don't want any of their old cast offs who have not been good enough to get a game against non league sides in the cups.

Sgt Fulham

Robinson in that Man City side? Best joke I've heard all week!

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on June 06, 2021, 08:44:56 PM

Robinson in that Man City side? Best joke I've heard all week!
like he would play 😂 he would be loaned out here there and everywhere but wouldnt ever play for city. Look at sess and what he was sold for, loaned out and so far forgotten, and elliot, loaned out to championship but again wont really get into first team.

Barrett487

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-transfer-allan-campbell-5500215

Stoke City will face competition from a good chunk of the Championship if they follow up reported interest in Allan Campbell.

Campbell is one of the most wanted out-of-contract players from Scotland this summer as he gets set to leave Motherwell for the next stage of his career.

He has been linked with Stoke and Stoke's former managers Gary Rowett, now at Millwall, and Nathan Jones, at Luton Town.

Football Insider claims that he is also a wanted man at newly-promoted Peterborough United and freshly-relegated Fulham.

Out of contract players under the age of 24 can move between England and Scotland with the buying club only made to pay a compensation fee for 'training and development'. That is why Celtic and Rangers were front of queue when Tyrese Campbell was coming towards the end of his contract at Stoke in 2020.

It is clear how highly that Motherwell manager Graham Alexander rates Campbell.

He told the Daily Record last month: "I had one last shot at it a couple of weeks ago and we did offer him a very good contract for us, because I didn't want to get to the summer, he goes elsewhere and we hadn't tried everything we can to keep him.

"As I keep saying, he's a brilliant player, a brilliant professional, and any manager would be desperately keen to keep him on board.

"I know the reasons why, and I can understand the reasons why, as an ex-player myself. We had a great chat the other week, he was honest as he always is, and I could see his perspective, so he will be leaving in the summer and I hope he gets the best club he can.

"Everyone at Motherwell, not just myself, would wish the best for Allan, because he has been absolutely fantastic for this club.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on June 06, 2021, 09:23:17 AM
Quote from: junior white on June 03, 2021, 05:07:13 PM
Been open since May 24.

Not open until June 9th

We also signed Hector about 3 months before the window opened

You can sign players anytime, bring them over and have thrn training and playing friendlies, they just can't play in a competitive match under the window opens

We can sign players anytime, but only if we have FFC budget available to amortize player transfer fees. I am fairly certain, we have enough budget this season to start amortizing now, but doubt we could of in a few of our previous seasons. Even so I would imagine most accountants would warn against FFC signing before the 1st July.

The big risk with buying a player now (especially those playing internationals) is if he gets a career-ending injury before 30th June, because that would cause us to impair his value, break FFP and the Championship might enforce a rule that will force us to sell players to achieve FFP (or get a points deduction).

LC

We don't have to spend a lot to improve the squad, we could easily do something like this:

- Michal Helik £3-5m
- Jeff Hendrick £2m
- Billy Gilmour Loan
- Harry Wilson Loan with view to a permanent deal
- Famara Diédhiou Free Transfer

I think some of those players would improve on what we currently have and others would be good squad additions. If we can't afford to at least do something like the above then we would need to keep our current squad intact in order to bounce straight back up to the PL- (only exception is probably Zambo who I expect to leave for a nice fee).

JimOG

Quote from: LC on June 08, 2021, 01:35:30 AM
We don't have to spend a lot to improve the squad, we could easily do something like this:

- Michal Helik £3-5m
- Jeff Hendrick £2m
- Billy Gilmour Loan

I think some of those players would improve on what we currently have and others would be good squad additions. If we can't afford to at least do something like the above then we would need to keep our current squad intact in order to bounce straight back up to the PL- (only exception is probably Zambo who I expect to leave for a nice fee).

Would certainly like to see a centre half who threatens from set pieces and Helik seems to fit that bill

Deeping_white

What is the obsession with Diédhiou even on a free, he's slower than Mitro ffs

Craven Mad

Quote from: JimOG on June 08, 2021, 08:15:38 AM
Quote from: LC on June 08, 2021, 01:35:30 AM

- Michal Helik £3-5m
- Jeff Hendrick £2m
- Billy Gilmour Loan

Would certainly like to see a centre half who threatens from set pieces and Helik seems to fit that bill

He only managed a pass success rate of c.50% last season, so I'm not sure he'd be a great fit here...