more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianthailand

Quote from: jayffc on July 01, 2021, 01:01:25 AM
With Marco Silva potentially incoming...guess that means Richarlison In is guaranteed right?
Plenty of injury time then. Looks like last train home for you.

Nero

OK we have a new manager for 1.5 hours it's  the 1st July why haven't we signed anyone loads of free transfer to be had,

Tabby

We are going to be linked with every portuguese speaking player in Europe this window.

Black, White and Fred

I have it on good authority that we are in for Rodrigues, Lopes, Nunes, Mendes, Fernandes, Gonçalves, Arantes, Esteves and Álvares  064.gif
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Statto

First transfer done for Parker - Marcondes. Released by Brentford. The one who said before the play-off final that we feared them, then got rag-dolled by Mitrovic in the incident that distracted their keeper for Bryan's sneaky freekick. So another reason to dislike Bournemouth next season.

BestOfBrede

Joachim Andersen wanted by Spuds - Please not there Joachim!

Jules

Quote from: Statto on July 03, 2021, 09:51:28 AM
First transfer done for Parker - Marcondes. Released by Brentford. The one who said before the play-off final that we feared them, then got rag-dolled by Mitrovic in the incident that distracted their keeper for Bryan's sneaky freekick. So another reason to dislike Bournemouth next season.
Very good signing that is. On a free too.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Jules on July 03, 2021, 03:20:47 PM
Wonder how many weeks until Silva gets his first signing?

WestSussexWhite

Hopefully not to long, I'm sure he will have been given some reassurances before he took the job!

Statto

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 03, 2021, 03:53:47 PM
Quote from: Jules on July 03, 2021, 03:20:47 PM
Wonder how many weeks until Silva gets his first signing?

About 7-8 knowing us

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Silva is apparently interested in Bright Osayi-Samuel, ex-QPR, at Fenrbahce. Not sure Fener will sell to one of the men they were trying to recruit for their managerial job.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/07/fulham-fancy-osayi-samuel/

Tabby

Several Premier League clubs allegedly interested in signing Robinson along with Manchester City according to the Athletic.

FulhamStu

If we are going to have to sell Robinson Mitro Frank and even Tosin, we should make sure we get top money, those 4 could see between £50 - £75 million come in and a huge reduction in the wage bill, this would allow Silver to build a seriously good team.  We need to offload many and bring through the best youngsters.  This would represent a really fresh start.

Interesting times.

grandad

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 04, 2021, 09:12:17 PM
If we are going to have to sell Robinson Mitro Frank and even Tosin, we should make sure we get top money, those 4 could see between £50 - £75 million come in and a huge reduction in the wage bill, this would allow Silver to build a seriously good team.  We need to offload many and bring through the best youngsters.  This would represent a really fresh start.

Interesting times.

We don´t have to sell anyone that we don´t need to. Those 4 are key parts  so why sell. Seri, MLM yes but with the extra matches we need good back ups.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Interesting times.

I can see Frank going because he won't want to play in the Championship, but not the others you've named. If we're looking to raise fundS we should start with Fabri, MLM, Mawson, Kongolo, Knockaert and Seri all of whom I suspect are on chunky wages.

Logicalman

Interesting times.

I can agree with most of that, but there's the rub as well ... the moment we bring on a good academy player one of the bigger teams come knocking, heads are turned and off they go, then rob us of serious compensation. I hate being a feeder team to others that really don't need, and seem rarely to use, those players that could do us some good, but that's the name of the game these days - sometimes I wish that SL had come to fruition and FIFA,UEFA and the English FA banned all players that joined it for life, then their plague would not be upon us.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FulhamStu

Quote from: grandad on July 04, 2021, 09:35:12 PM

Interesting times.

We don´t have to sell anyone that we don´t need to. Those 4 are key parts  so why sell. Seri, MLM yes but with the extra matches we need good back ups.

If these players or any others can't be talked into giving Fulham another season in the championship and if they know the likes of Man City or Arsenal want them then I am afraid I disagree with you and we do need to sell.  Of course I want to keep them all, my point is that if they want to go, we should ensure we get big money to allow Silver to re-build.  I also agree with those listed that we should sell like MLM, Seri, Fabri.  If we can keep all our defenders we should also sell or let go Ream, Christie, Odoi, and maybe loan Sess and/or Fossey again.   Tosin, Kongolo, Mawson and Hector if fit are amazing central defenders for the championship.  Tete, Robinson, Bryan are the same as full backs.  Rodak is a top championship keeper so the defence is super strong but the secrete will be ,keeping them and getting them fit.  Mawson is in full training not sure about Kongolo.

bill taylors apprentice

With Ream, Hector, Tosin & one of Mawson & Kongolo being fit (one can hope) this could be a season where we don't actually need to sign a CB???

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 05, 2021, 08:46:48 AM
With Ream, Hector, Tosin & one of Mawson & Kongolo being fit (one can hope) this could be a season where we don't actually need to sign a CB???

Ream may still be good enough for a lower half Championship squad but definitely not as a regular starter in a team that's (hopefully) aiming for automatic promotion.

Hector's problems must be psychological. I can't explain his sudden drop in form and 'deer in headlight' body language any other way. If he can regain his confidence and perform at his best he will be a regular starter. If not he's an accident waiting to happen.

We can't rely on Kongolo and Mawson for obvious reasons.

In my opinion we need at least one CB (and obviously get rid of some of the dead wood). Especially if we're going to play a more attacking style of football which will leave our defence FAR more exposed than Parkerball.

If Tosin is leaving we will probably need two CBs.

Of course we will need to strengthen several other positions too so I can't see us signing two CBs this window. Lets hope we can somehow keep Tosin. I know he's still a bit rough but he has lots of potential and is BY FAR our best CB.

jayffc

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on July 04, 2021, 01:47:59 PM
Silva is apparently interested in Bright Osayi-Samuel, ex-QPR, at Fenrbahce. Not sure Fener will sell to one of the men they were trying to recruit for their managerial job.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/07/fulham-fancy-osayi-samuel/

18 games for Fenerbace  - 1 goal 1 assist, hmm. We'll see, think we were linked a while back too tbf