https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Quote from: Statto on July 04, 2021, 09:55:26 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on July 04, 2021, 09:12:17 PM
If we are going to have to sell Robinson Mitro Frank and even Tosin, we should make sure we get top money, those 4 could see between £50 - £75 million come in and a huge reduction in the wage bill, this would allow Silver to build a seriously good team.  We need to offload many and bring through the best youngsters.  This would represent a really fresh start.

Interesting times.

I can see Frank going because he won't want to play in the Championship, but not the others you've named. If we're looking to raise fundS we should start with Fabri, MLM, Mawson, Kongolo, Knockaert and Seri all of whom I suspect are on chunky wages.

I agree with all of those bar Kongolo, not willing to give up just yet.  For what we'd get for him I'd rather we persevere in case he's able to shake the injuries. If he can he's a top-quality starter in my opinion. One of those I don't mind the gamble given the relative cost. But the rest it's long due time they saw the door. I'd consider Cav out aswell providing we can find a replacement.

JimOG

Quote from: jayffc on July 05, 2021, 11:49:13 AM
If we are going to have to sell Robinson Mitro Frank and even Tosin, we should make sure we get top money, those 4 could see between £50 - £75 million come in and a huge reduction in the wage bill, this would allow Silver to build a seriously good team.  We need to offload many and bring through the best youngsters.  This would represent a really fresh start.

Interesting times.

I can see Frank going because he won't want to play in the Championship, but not the others you've named. If we're looking to raise fundS we should start with Fabri, MLM, Mawson, Kongolo, Knockaert and Seri all of whom I suspect are on chunky wages.

I agree with all of those bar Kongolo, not willing to give up just yet.  For what we'd get for him I'd rather we persevere in case he's able to shake the injuries. If he can he's a top-quality starter in my opinion. One of those I don't mind the gamble given the relative cost. But the rest it's long due time they saw the door. I'd consider Cav out aswell providing we can find a replacement.

Agreed on Kongolo - there's a big player there & might be the making of Tosin. The one player I'd like us to add is Ola Aina. I know it's only transfermkt figures but at €5mill he'd be a bargain able to cover the back particularly if Robinson goes for €20mill+

Jim©

Quote from: JimOG on July 05, 2021, 11:55:57 AM

Agreed on Kongolo - there's a big player there & might be the making of Tosin. The one player I'd like us to add is Ola Aina. I know it's only transfermkt figures but at €5mill he'd be a bargain able to cover the back particularly if Robinson goes for €20mill+

With you on both of those- Kongolo must surely have his injuries behind him? Aina is a utility upgrade on Dennis too.

Bassey the warrior

Interesting times.

Agree on Kongolo as well. He's looked good in the - limited number of - games he's played. Besides, we're unlikely to get much for him given his injury record.

I'm not sure Aina would be that cheap, the price we'd agreed was £11 million. If he's affordable I'd go for it.

JimOG

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 05, 2021, 12:50:47 PM

Interesting times.

Agree on Kongolo as well. He's looked good in the - limited number of - games he's played. Besides, we're unlikely to get much for him given his injury record.

I'm not sure Aina would be that cheap, the price we'd agreed was £11 million. If he's affordable I'd go for it.

Even at that I'd bite. We need a bit of stability & if Robinson does go for double that it's money well spent. Rodak, Tete, Kongolo Aina Bryan Reed has the back end of the pitch sorted out.

JimmyConway

I would offer Robinson a new contract personally even after relegation. Has the potential to be an elite left back or left wing back. Needs a couple of tweaks with delivery and awareness but a good coach can provide that. He will be a major asset in championship with his build and pace and will nullify any threat from the right. I like Joe but the bigger picture is keeping Robinson and he'll be better in premier league next time whereas Joe will always struggle at the top table.

RoyTund

Bryan was one of our better players in 18/19 then got dumped by parkerball. Is a better passer and crosser than Robinson, at the moment.

Nero

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on July 05, 2021, 01:57:30 PM
Now Wolves are in for Robinson at £10m allegedly

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/07/wolves-lining-up-10m-robinson-swoop/

Hes not Portuguese or have Mendes as an agent plus haven't they just signed a kid from Barcelona

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Nero on July 05, 2021, 02:19:05 PM

Hes not Portuguese or have Mendes as an agent plus haven't they just signed a kid from Barcelona

That was a winger (who is Portuguese). They're about to sign a left-back from France though.

sarnian

A lot of these websites are desperate for stories as there is little going on transfer wise at present.  They have been trying to link Tosin with many clubs before his alleged buyout clause runs out on 7 July.  They are now trying to sell Robinson and have linked a loan move for Mitro with Turkish teams.  Both have contracts so Fulham would only sell for the right price if it suits the club.

Personally I think it will be a couple of weeks for Silva to evaluate the squad before we see any movement.

jayffc

hes got plenty of promise but not irreplaceable and we already have Bryan in the wings whos a capable enough starter at this level. 10 million wouldnt be a bad price given its a 10x on what we paid for him.
Given we already have a starter at that price I'd consider it. Spend that on Aina as mentioned above or try and find another bargain ala robinson and spend the rest of that money eslewhere.

grandad

Keep everyone except Seri & MLM. With more matches we need a good 2nd string. Add a top CB to replace Andersen  a real left winger to replace Lookman & at least two strikers should Mitro go right at the end of the window.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deeping_white

To all the people saying they'd sell Robinson for £10m - what are we meant to do if we go straight back up? We'd be selling a PL ready asset and then having to get promoted and start from scratch, which kind of defeats the issue of a lack of continuity that we're trying to overcome. I appreciate his crossing is quite wayward but proper coaching can sort that issue, he's got the raw physical assets to be at worst a competent PL left back, and we'd have to spend at least the same amount we sell him for to replace him should we go up again

RaySmith

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 05, 2021, 06:23:35 PM
To all the people saying they'd sell Robinson for £10m - what are we meant to do if we go straight back up? We'd be selling a PL ready asset and then having to get promoted and start from scratch, which kind of defeats the issue of a lack of continuity that we're trying to overcome. I appreciate his crossing is quite wayward but proper coaching can sort that issue, he's got the raw physical assets to be at worst a competent PL left back, and we'd have to spend at least the same amount we sell him for to replace him should we go up again

Agree.
He has a lot of raw potential. His pace will be a great asset in the champ.
We should keep Bryan too.

jayffc

28 premier league games, 0 goals and 0 assists from an attacking full back.
I think we could potentially be OK to replace that contribution. Plenty of times last year that Aina actually looked the better of the 2 in that position. Not that I dont rate Robinson but given Bryan is a decent enough LB for now if someone were to offer us north of 10million who knows what other young and affordable options might be about there next year just like Robinson was last time out.

Aina currently rated at half that fee (5mil) on transfermarkt (obvs just an estimate, may well cost a bit more) Id be happy with that if hed be willing to step down to the champ with us. If we had a agreed to 11mil if we stayed up...perhaps something like 7 mil wouldnt be out of the question if they wanted rid. would leave us with 4+ mil to help towards other positions and replace Robinson with a player I rated over him last year.

p.s I appreciate that being a LB isnt just about assists or goals but as an attacking wingback it is supposed to be part of his game. Also would add I dont know that he's that much better defender than Aina either, just quicker

Deeping_white

Quote from: jayffc on July 05, 2021, 06:35:06 PM

28 premier league games, 0 goals and 0 assists from an attacking full back.
I think we could potentially be OK to replace that contribution. Plenty of times last year that Aina actually looked the better of the 2 in that position. Not that I dont rate Robinson but given Bryan is a decent enough LB for now if someone were to offer us north of 10million who knows what other young and affordable options might be about there next year just like Robinson was last time out.

Aina currently rated at half that fee (5mil) on transfermarkt (obvs just an estimate, may well cost a bit more) Id be happy with that if hed be willing to step down to the champ with us. If we had a agreed to 11mil if we stayed up...perhaps something like 7 mil wouldnt be out of the question if they wanted rid. would leave us with 4+ mil to help towards other positions and replace Robinson with a player I rated over him last year.

p.s I appreciate that being a LB isnt just about assists or goals but as an attacking wingback it is supposed to be part of his game. Also would add I dont know that he's that much better defender than Aina either, just quicker

Transfermarkt fees are usually a load of shite, so I wouldn't pay them much notice to be fair. There's no way we sign Aina for less than £10m unless Torino are broke because why would they suddenly agree to sell him for less than the fee we already agreed on, and he probably wouldn't want to drop down a level anyway. Fairly certain he's on bigger wages than Robinson as well so by the time you've sold Robinson for £10m and replaced him with Aina for the same price assuming we could even get him, we're probably worse off from how much he's earning over Robinson because I bet he'd want a hefty signing bonus as well to drop down a level. I wouldn't really look at a g/a metric for anyone playing in our team last season, pretty much everyone was told to attack at the pace of a retirement home, and he was done out of a few assists by some pretty rank finishing

Carborundum

Having marvelled at Antonee Robinson's performance at the Cottage in a Wigan shirt, banged on for the remainder of that season that we should sign him, missed out on live football because of Covid-19 and now shelled out for a season ticket, I might feel just a little cheesed off if we sell him before the season starts.

Facts Not Fiction

Robinson had promise, but failed to show much attacking class.

But this was under a manager who didn't know how to setup a fluid attacking style.

Silva could get more out of him, but we also have Bryan and money is tight in this league.