watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivorwasgod

there was a very interesting couple of posts on another thread about Silva's tactics at Watford and Everton

he looks for the full backs to provide width so will be interesting as to who he selects. 

on a slightly different note - also need to add Steve Sess and Marlon Fossey into the mix again at full back - i

i'd also forgotten that both Steve Sess and Onomah were members of that U17 WC winning team

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Ivorwasgod on July 06, 2021, 11:17:18 AM
there was a very interesting couple of posts on another thread about Silva's tactics at Watford and Everton

he looks for the full backs to provide width so will be interesting as to who he selects. 

on a slightly different note - also need to add Steve Sess and Marlon Fossey into the mix again at full back - i

i'd also forgotten that both Steve Sess and Onomah were members of that U17 WC winning team

Was interesting to see what role Onomah will play. Was obviously Parkers pet, scored that wonder goal and was very good in the run in to promotion but has also gone missing in games.

Ivorwasgod

Quote from: hongkongfulham on July 06, 2021, 11:21:52 AM

Was interesting to see what role Onomah will play. Was obviously Parkers pet, scored that wonder goal and was very good in the run in to promotion but has also gone missing in games.

actually https://www.transfermarkt.com/josh-onomah/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/243589 his championship stats (for us and Villa)  arent that bad 79 games, 7 goals and 9 assists 

PaulJ123

Quote from: Ivorwasgod on July 06, 2021, 11:29:36 AM

actually https://www.transfermarkt.com/josh-onomah/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/243589 his championship stats (for us and Villa)  arent that bad 79 games, 7 goals and 9 assists

That's pretty bad

hongkongfulham

Quote from: PaulJ123 on July 06, 2021, 12:35:14 PM

That's pretty bad

Well he was a young'un but was also has played in promotion chasing sides so on balance pretty average. Needs to step up his contributions for sure but with some confidence he could be a player in my book. Heres hoping it happens for the lad

Marcel_Gecov

That's pretty bad

Depends how many of those 79 games were from the bench I guess.

Deeping_white

That's pretty bad

A goal involvement every 5 games on average for a central midfielder is pretty good, what numbers aren't "pretty bad" in your mind?

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 06, 2021, 01:23:05 PM
https://the72.co.uk/241481/fulham-interested-in-watford-midfielder-will-hughes/

Wouldn't be against this depending on the finances involved.

I just can't see this, he was a regular starter for them last season. So will likely be the same story this season

Art Vandelay

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 06, 2021, 01:23:05 PM
https://the72.co.uk/241481/fulham-interested-in-watford-midfielder-will-hughes/

Wouldn't be against this depending on the finances involved.

Very good player and would be a great but unlikely signing.

When I used to play Football Manager I bought him as a teenager and he turned into one of the best players in the world so I don't think he has quite lived up to that potential.

twang

Connor McAvoy and Taye Ashby-Hammond has extended their contracts. Out of the players that the club have offered new deals to/open talks with only Jean-Pierre Tiehi, Mika Biereth and Marcus Bettinelli are yet to extend their contracts.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/july/McAvoy-And-Ashby-Hammond-Extend-Stay/

filham

It is a new era, we have no idea what Silva's tactics will be or what type of player he will favour. No use looking at his history, remember Jocanovic when at Watford had them playing a different type of football to that he introduced at the Cottage. Silva likewise could introduce something new at the Cottage.

I am eagerly awaiting to see if he intends to build an attack around Mitro and if Cav. and Knock are to stay with us.

Tabby

I think that some have forgotten that managers can make players perform better. Remember the miracles that Joka worked with players like Scott Malone and Sone Aluko.

WestSussexWhite

Journalist Alex Crook saying Fulham won the race to sign goalkeeper Ethan Horvath from Club Brugge. US international. Strange one

Deeping_white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 07, 2021, 09:10:38 AM
Journalist Alex Crook saying Fulham won the race to sign goalkeeper Ethan Horvath from Club Brugge. US international. Strange one

Not really, he's 25 so young for a GK, free agent and comes from a team that wont be paying him fortunes. Means we probably do a like for like swap with Betts and save some room on wages as he won't be coming in assuming he's #1 and means we can offload Fabri too and use one of the U23's as third choice keeper.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 07, 2021, 09:20:13 AM

Not really, he's 25 so young for a GK, free agent and comes from a team that wont be paying him fortunes. Means we probably do a like for like swap with Betts and save some room on wages as he won't be coming in assuming he's #1 and means we can offload Fabri too and use one of the U23's as third choice keeper.

No that's fair enough, I thought we were paying a fee for him but seems his contract is up. So I'm all for it!

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 07, 2021, 09:24:00 AM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 07, 2021, 09:20:13 AM

No that's fair enough, I thought we were paying a fee for him but seems his contract is up. So I'm all for it!
Not that strange as Fabri is available for loan and Betts isnt around unless he signed a new deal so we need a keeper.

MickyAdamsFamily

If it's true that we've signed Horvath, it's a bit of a coup.
Until recently, he's been a not-very-well-known player, the USA backup keeper to Man City's Zach Steffen. In the Concacaf nations cup final versus arch-rival Mexico, Horvath came on to replace the injured Steffen and proceeded to make a series of great, smart plays and big saves as Mexico poured on the pressure and the game went to overtime. He capped it off with a great save of a penalty kick that Mexico was awarded in like the 118th minute, and was mobbed by his teammates at the final whistle. He was undoubtedly the hero of the moment, and Chelsea's Pulisic was effusive with praise afterwards. There's much talk that he's earned the #1 shirt with that game, and if not, he's definitely in the conversation.
He and Rodak would be very strong duo to have at 'keeper in the Championship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUpKKlJFdrc

grandad

Looking for gossip, don´t bother with the BBC site. All you ever see is Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Man Utd & Liverpool being linked with every player with 2 feet.
Where there's a will there's a wife