watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

After those latest financial reports we need players out the door before anyone comes in

Marcel_Gecov

Jules

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 07, 2021, 02:52:11 PM
After those latest financial reports we need players out the door before anyone comes in
yes definitely. The squad is bloated and still has lots of dead wood that need to be moved on. I'd like to see a good clear out of 7 or 8 players and we can then bring in 4 or 5 that would strengthen us. Ideally a new striker (2 if Mitro goes), a pacy winger who can cross, a creative midfielder and a back up Goalie - it seems we have one identified already

WestSussexWhite

I'd assume Horvath coming in can only happen cos Betts is leaving

Marcel_Gecov

The more I read about Horvath the more I like this signing. Good backup who could step in for Rodak if needed. Free as well, if we can do more like this Id be very happy.

JoeS

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 07, 2021, 03:08:53 PM
The more I read about Horvath the more I like this signing. Good backup who could step in for Rodak if needed. Free as well, if we can do more like this Id be very happy.

Agreed, we haven't used the free transfer market well for several seasons now. It's a great way to build your squad 1) early and 2) financially well. He should be able to push Rodak on and be able to step in if needed.

Denver Fulham

If this comes off, this is a nice gamble.

Horvath is a Denver kid who moved overseas at 18. Played decently for Molde in Norway and got a move to Club Brugge, where his career stalled the past two years, but he has a good amount of UCL and EL experience. He's been firmly in the USMNT mix, although Zach Steffen is the clear first-choice keeper for the US at this time. As someone noted, Horvath came on for an injured Steffen recently in the Nations League final vs MEX and ended up as the hero with several huge saves. There's upside here, for sure. Rodak/Horvath would be a very solid Champ tandem. Horvath needs playing time, so I doubt he'd sign without some opportunity to be the No. 1. Could be an interesting battle, and definitely strengthens that position for us.

For added Fulhamishness, Horvath now has one of the funniest accents you'll ever hear after his time in Norway and Belgium. It sounds like someone from Newfoundland after about 8 beers.

sunburywhite

And he has a roundabout named after him outside the Fullers brewery
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: JoeS on July 07, 2021, 03:22:37 PM

Agreed, we haven't used the free transfer market well for several seasons now. It's a great way to build your squad 1) early and 2) financially well. He should be able to push Rodak on and be able to step in if needed.

He's a quality, American keeper as well all things considered, and if we're good at any position on the pitch, it's in goal.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Lyle from Hangeland

Some American commentators have said that Horvath, although he was not the first choice keeper at Club Brugge this past season, was in fact the better keeper at the club... this coming from some soccer coaches. He also performed outstanding in one game against Mexico this summer, which has some people calling for him to start over for the USMNT over Zac Steffen the #2 at Man City.  He has better feet movement than Steffen apparently. All that said... he doesn't come across as a strong character and I could see him being eaten alive by the pressure in England. He's a nice guy and is a talented keeper, but he's a quiet, nice guy type. That said Petr Cech was similarly a quiet, nice guy type. Thibaut Courtois as well... who Horvath reminds me of the most out of the big club keepers.

JimOG

Quote from: Art Vandelay on July 06, 2021, 01:29:10 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 06, 2021, 01:23:05 PM
https://the72.co.uk/241481/fulham-interested-in-watford-midfielder-will-hughes/

Wouldn't be against this depending on the finances involved.

Very good player and would be a great but unlikely signing.

When I used to play Football Manager I bought him as a teenager and he turned into one of the best players in the world so I don't think he has quite lived up to that potential.

The Sun quote Newcastle as in for Hughes with £12 mill bid

Tabby

Liverpool interested in signing Anguissa according to the Liverpool Echo.

Wolf

Ethan Horvath has made 7 appearances in all competitions for Club Brugge over the last two seasons. Club Brugge first choice keeper Simon Mignolet made 90 appearances in the same period. Transfermarkt value Horvath at £1.2M.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Blawarmy

Quote from: Tabby on July 08, 2021, 02:15:04 PM
After the sh1t they pulled with Harvey Elliott, we need to pull their pants down if this is true!

filham

Centre backs need sorting, there can't be space for Mawson, Kongola, Tosin, Hector and Ream.
The new managers needs to aim at the two best players for each position plus a couple of utility players and a couple of youngsters.

We Are Premier League

Cash 14m, Lewis 15m, Walker-Peters 12m, Doherty 15m

I would expect prices to be done slightly this summer so around 15m is probably decent money for Robinson

Marcel_Gecov

Former Fulham player Denis Adeniran has left Everton to go Shefff Wed. They signed him from us for £4m and hes gone on a free.

Bronaldinho

We had to delay Hector deal until Sess funds were cleared - and we never really recovered from there either.

We definitely have to sell some.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 08, 2021, 06:22:20 PM
Quote from: Tabby on July 08, 2021, 02:15:04 PM
After the sh1t they pulled with Harvey Elliott, we need to pull their pants down if this is true!

Definitely a Liverpool kind of player and yes they need to pay a fair price, ideally we at least get back what we paid. They spent very little last season, so should have the money.