watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic94

I can see us cashing in on Anguissa and Robinson. Not sure about Mitro, but he'd be a huge loss at this level. If we could somehow offload Seri's wages, I suspect that'd be a help too.

HillingdonFFC

Think Mitro might be back if what I've been told is true, move to Besiktas broke down due to wage demands. Heard he could be training soon

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 12, 2021, 04:49:22 PM
Think Mitro might be back if what I've been told is true, move to Besiktas broke down due to wage demands. Heard he could be training soon

This is what I've heard too. Besiktas now signing Diego Costa On a free instead. Fulham would not let Mitro go unless Besiktas covered his full wage which they cannot do

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 12, 2021, 05:58:42 PM

This is what I've heard too. Besiktas now signing Diego Costa On a free instead. Fulham would not let Mitro go unless Besiktas covered his full wage which they cannot do
Surely Costa is on more than MItro, his last deal with Atletico was rumoured to be 250k per week?

Rumour form during last season is that MItro has (and still has i do not know) a transfer request on the table. Only speculation as i have said before as i do not have any onside info

AnOldBrownie

I've watch the USA vs Mexico match in it's entirety 4 times.    I'd love to see Horvath on the Whites.   Came into the match cold and helped save our bacon in a tough situation.

I'm sure Dempsey said something to him (Dempsey was in the announcing booth during the game).   Robinson and Ream also probably whispered in his ear.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: junior white on July 12, 2021, 06:08:37 PM

Surely Costa is on more than MItro, his last deal with Atletico was rumoured to be 250k per week?

Rumour form during last season is that MItro has (and still has i do not know) a transfer request on the table. Only speculation as i have said before as i do not have any onside info

But fulham also need a 5/6 million pound fee to cover amortisation. Mitro is on 80k a week, which is 4 million a year. I've seen that Costa is willing to sign for Besiktas for 2.5 million a year

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 12, 2021, 07:43:45 PM
Quote from: junior white on July 12, 2021, 06:08:37 PM

But fulham also need a 5/6 million pound fee to cover amortisation. Mitro is on 80k a week, which is 4 million a year. I've seen that Costa is willing to sign for Besiktas for 2.5 million a year
We got a million fee for seri last season I believe that would not have covered the amortisation, so not sure we would look too or be able to cover that. Problem with relegation is that some see clubs as desperate to reduce costs, now i dont know our finances but of thats the case ( I hope it isn't) then we could be forced to accept less in order to recoup some funds against this.

I also cannot see Costa only costing that, maybe salary but there will be a hefty signing fee and maybe yearly loyalty fee, to compensate the lower monthly salary

Don't get me wrong I hope it is correct as keeping Mitro could turn out to be a good move. Hopefully he wants to stay

Tabby

Seri wouldn't have made the squad last season whereas Mitro would be a key player if he stays. Which might explain the difference in policy.

junior white

Quote from: Tabby on July 12, 2021, 09:54:32 PM
Seri wouldn't have made the squad last season whereas Mitro would be a key player if he stays. Which might explain the difference in policy.
Your probably right, but if you "have" to cover amortisation then you don't allow them to go cheap.I would think given it was stated last year by TK in a video update around transfer deadline day,  that we were very tight on FFP that we would have wanted to cover amortisation or as much as possible.

I fear we are tight this year so do we need to cover it all or as much as we can. Obviously I am hoping we are not tight on FFP and that Mitro stays

legana

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 12, 2021, 07:04:16 PM
I've watch the USA vs Mexico match in it's entirety 4 times.    I'd love to see Horvath on the Whites.   Came into the match cold and helped save our bacon in a tough situation.

I'm sure Dempsey said something to him (Dempsey was in the announcing booth during the game).   Robinson and Ream also probably whispered in his ear.

Sounds encouraging. I haven't really watched the US men's team for quite a few years due to their absence in the last World Cup. Any outfield players we should be looking at? Would be great to find the next McBride.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Tabby on July 12, 2021, 09:54:32 PM

That's not exactly true. We could have done with Seri or Johansen in the 25-man squad to begin the season in place of one of the 10-11 defenders.

grandad

I am wondering who is dealing with transfer matters. We are lead to believe TK has stepped back or is he still involved. We have no D of Scouting. What involvement has Silva got. Is Ali Mac involved. Not heard anything from him in ages. Is Shaid now directly involved. Lots of questions but no answers from the Club.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Classic94

Quote from: grandad on July 13, 2021, 09:09:19 AM
I am wondering who is dealing with transfer matters. We are lead to believe TK has stepped back or is he still involved. We have no D of Scouting. What involvement has Silva got. Is Ali Mac involved. Not heard anything from him in ages. Is Shaid now directly involved. Lots of questions but no answers from the Club.

Agreed. The communication on important matters from the club is virtually non-existent.

Obviously, I don't expect to know our transfer dealings, but some loose guidance on club structure and who's responsible for what would be nice.

Bassey the warrior

I'm in favour of Seri starting with a clean slate if he wants to stay. Thinking back to the Hodgson years our squad was made up of players that had fallen out of favour at their previous club and were seemingly past their best.

grandad

I am fed up with the various sports media sites assuming that Robinson & Zambo will be leaving. We do not need to sell these 2 as we need a strong squad with what will be a long season. We have to also be aware of a massive increase in Covid infections. This has the potential of decimating a squad with self isolations or worse. We need sufficient cover plus some key signings. The Club should make it clear that no one is for sale unless they are surplus to requirements.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Penfold

Quote from: grandad on July 13, 2021, 10:19:49 AM
I am fed up with the various sports media sites assuming that Robinson & Zambo will be leaving. We do not need to sell these 2 as we need a strong squad with what will be a long season. We have to also be aware of a massive increase in Covid infections. This has the potential of decimating a squad with self isolations or worse. We need sufficient cover plus some key signings. The Club should make it clear that no one is for sale unless they are surplus to requirements.

I would think that we have what  we regard as an acceptable fee for each player.

With regards to not having to sell players, as long as it's a sale that doesn't affect our FFP negatively, one or two may need to be sold to keep as out of FFP trouble.

I'm not expecting much cash to be splashed by FFC. Probably a number of loan signings to be made.

We Are Premier League

Surprised that there has not been more rumours about players currently in portugal; a couple of random names that would be interesting Rodrigo Battaglia and Rafael Camacho

We Are Premier League

young american striker on the move... Josh Sargent will almost certainly leave the relegated (and broke) W Bremen this summer, i like the look of him.

We Are Premier League

Mama Baldé is leaving Dijon, used to play for Sporting...would be a great signing.

JimOG

Quote from: We Are Premier League on July 13, 2021, 02:55:16 PM
Mama Baldé is leaving Dijon, used to play for Sporting...would be a great signing.

Just watched his highlights - looks exciting (given editing of course). Transfermkt gives a €4.5m valuation & describes him as right winger right back or centre forward - quite a reach :003:

1 in 4 goal ratio from the wing is very good...would think Silva would have come across him before...