watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

Didn't a very young Jordan Pickford play in the Championship?

jayffc

Quote from: HV71 on July 14, 2021, 02:54:47 PM
12 goals in 262 appearances - probably sports a decent cardigan as well

He's a defensive/CM
scored more in his career than Anguissa! Ha

That's not what he's there for form my understanding. Makes me think Reed or Frank will certainly be off then. Although suppose he could be to replace Lemina

Jules

Quote from: jayffc on July 15, 2021, 12:47:43 AM
Quote from: HV71 on July 14, 2021, 02:54:47 PM
12 goals in 262 appearances - probably sports a decent cardigan as well

He's a defensive/CM
scored more in his career than Anguissa! Ha

That's not what he's there for form my understanding. Makes me think Reed or Frank will certainly be off then. Although suppose he could be to replace Lemina
I couldn't care less if Anguissa goes. Take the money I say and reinvest in the squad. He didn't want to play in the championship last time and why would that be different this time? However, we must keep hold of Harrison Reed. Arguably should have been player of the season for us last season. I know Areola won it and was very good but I don't like the idea of giving it to a loan player.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jules on July 15, 2021, 06:43:53 AM

I couldn't care less if Anguissa goes. Take the money I say and reinvest in the squad. He didn't want to play in the championship last time and why would that be different this time? However, we must keep hold of Harrison Reed. Arguably should have been player of the season for us last season. I know Areola won it and was very good but I don't like the idea of giving it to a loan player.

I don't recall Anguissa ever saying last time he didn't want to play in the Championship. Just as likely is a) Parker preferred to bring in both Reed and Arter for squad depth instead of relying on just Anguissa, and b) Tony Khan wanted Anguissa to prove himself in La Liga, so TK could sell him if we failed to get promoted for a good price.

Have you ever heard that Anguissa didn't want to play in the Championship? or just guessing that was the reason?

RaySmith

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 15, 2021, 09:14:49 AM

I don't recall Anguissa ever saying last time he didn't want to play in the Championship. Just as likely is a) Parker preferred to bring in both Reed and Arter for squad depth instead of keeping Anguissa, and b) Tony Khan want Anguissa to prove himself in Ligue Un so if we didn't get promoted he could sell him above his book value to make a profit.

Have you ever heard that Anguissa didn't want to play in the Championship? or just guessing that was the reason?

I do wonder if it's true that such as  him and Seri 'didn't want to play' in the Champ.
Could be to do with  not thinking they were suitable, or  adding numbers to the  squad, as  you said, or TK wanting him in the shop window to ensure a profit as you also say, or agents.

I think it was always  assumed that Ruiz didn't want to play in the Champ, when he didn't feature  under Magath, but fot whatever reason he never left the club, and actually did play a number of Champ games under Symonds.

FulhamStu

I expect loaning high earners out has everything to do with FFP.  Mawson, Anguissa, Seri, MLM, will all be on big money. If we can afford to keep our big players they COULD be like buying a premier ready player which is what many of us want is it not.  I know, I know, Mawson needs to stay fit and MLM and Seri have not demonstrated their worth so far, but you get my drift.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2021, 08:26:28 AM

Or the rumour, we were in for him could just have been completely false. Which most of them are.

Most of the rumours of offers are true, but meaningless because they won't result in a sale. The problem is that an "undisclosed offer to buy" can be so far from the "actual price that the club is willing to sell" that it makes the rumours meaningless. I remember watching "Sunderland til I Die" and written on a board is a list of offers including Scott McTominay, seems like a real offer with 0% chance of being accepted. I hear that agents get so many offers on players, that some players don't ever keep track of them all. Unless, the player is checking out the training facilitates, agreeing on personal terms or getting a fittest test it doesn't mean much, except a bit of discussions.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 15, 2021, 09:25:25 AM
I expect loaning high earners out has everything to do with FFP.  Mawson, Anguissa, Seri, MLM, will all be on big money. If we can afford to keep our big players they COULD be like buying a premier ready player which is what many of us want is it not.  I know, I know, Mawson needs to stay fit and MLM and Seri have not demonstrated their worth so far, but you get my drift.

Well said, many of the players with four-year contracts (MLM, Mawson, and Seri) have not demonstrated their worth so far, but their time here is not yet over. The best example of a player that hadn't demonstrated his worth was Kebano, because, until lockdown, he hadn't justified his price, but his last three games in his contract with two semi-final goals covered the cost 10x.

Jim©

The last picture of Reed training was over 10 days ago, nowhere to be seen the last few vids/images. There's been rumours of Palace sniffing around for him which would be an odd move IMO. If he is off, then I'd be straight back after Lemina who really impressed me for the main part last season- rumoured to be available for £4m.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Jim© on July 15, 2021, 10:35:35 AM

The last picture of Reed training was over 10 days ago, nowhere to be seen the last few vids/images. There's been rumours of Palace sniffing around for him which would be an odd move IMO. If he is off, then I'd be straight back after Lemina who really impressed me for the main part last season- rumoured to be available for £4m.

He was in the video they put out on Sunday so is still at Motspur. Given he does have an injury history it is entirely plausible he's either got a niggle early on or they're just managing his workload differently to ensure that he's fit at the start of the season

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 15, 2021, 12:29:54 AM
Didn't a very young Jordan Pickford play in the Championship?
I remember him playing for Preston at the Cottage and he was outstanding that day.

Jules

I don't recall Anguissa ever saying last time he didn't want to play in the Championship. Just as likely is a) Parker preferred to bring in both Reed and Arter for squad depth instead of relying on just Anguissa, and b) Tony Khan wanted Anguissa to prove himself in La Liga, so TK could sell him if we failed to get promoted for a good price.

It's what I read, and of course you cannot always rely on that. So ok I accept that it's just hearsay and we will see if he starts for us against Middlesbrough. I think of the assets we have though, he could bring in some cash that we could reinvest, and I see Harrison Reed as more important to us. We would miss him more if he left is my point.

junior white

I cannot see us doing any business in the next 5-7 days, i say this as surely Silva is still evaluating the squad first hand. I know he did a presentation in his interview about players etc but that would have been from what he had seen on video and from maybe his teams playing against us, that is different to seeing them in the flesh every day on the training pitch and looking at attitudes and ways that they work.

So in my opinion i cant see anything in the next week.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: junior white on July 15, 2021, 12:16:37 PM
I cannot see us doing any business in the next 5-7 days, i say this as surely Silva is still evaluating the squad first hand. I know he did a presentation in his interview about players etc but that would have been from what he had seen on video and from maybe his teams playing against us, that is different to seeing them in the flesh every day on the training pitch and looking at attitudes and ways that they work.

So in my opinion i cant see anything in the next week.
I believe he said he was gonna take the next 8-10 days to evaluate the squad in his first interview which is sensible. Might well be deals waiting on his go ahead like StefJo to QPR etc

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

bencher

Newcastle target Boubacar Kamara, 21, has turned down a new contract with French side Marseille. The Magpies would look to bring the France U21s midfielder to St James' Park for around £15m.

Any chance of a switcheroo for Aboubakar Kamara for £15m?

Bracken White

Something of a positive, in my opinion, is that Stuart Gray remains in situ as one of Marco Silva's assistants. Must be a real asset to the Club as a whole that he remains & surely has valid input into MS's squad evaluation. That said, elated that Boa has joined the coaching staff!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Woolly Mammoth

Even a recluse with his eyes shut and his fingers in his ears  living in a cave on Mars could tell by Anguissas body language he didn't want to be anywhere near the championship let alone Fulham. As for your chum TK he wasted a lot of his fathers money on Zambo which was nowhere near his true valuation, another classic error of judgement, so please explain how is he going to get his fathers money back.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Somerset Fulham

Are people genuinely basing transfer rumours on players not being in any pictures on the website?

I know we're in strange times, but come on lads.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 15, 2021, 04:46:45 PM

Even a recluse with his eyes shut and his fingers in his ears  living in a cave on Mars could tell by Anguissas body language he didn't want to be anywhere near the championship let alone Fulham. As for your chum TK he wasted a lot of his fathers money on Zambo which was nowhere near his true valuation, another classic error of judgement, so please explain how is he going to get his fathers money back.

Not sure we have wasted that much money on Zambo. He is probably worth close'ish to what we paid for him (22m on transfermarkt), he has played most of the games since he joined and we may even have received a loan fee for when he was away in spain.

BarryP

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 15, 2021, 04:54:31 PM
Are people genuinely basing transfer rumours on players not being in any pictures on the website?

I know we're in strange times, but come on lads.

This thread is always active.  A lack of actual rumors will lead those so inclined to self-stimulation of the cranium.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."