https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: BarryP on July 15, 2021, 07:10:40 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 15, 2021, 04:54:31 PM
Are people genuinely basing transfer rumours on players not being in any pictures on the website?

I know we're in strange times, but come on lads.

This thread is always active.  A lack of actual rumors will lead those so inclined to self-stimulation of the cranium.

In the picture issued today focusing on the younger players, if you look closely at the third one, the one featuring Jay Stansfield, you can see, at the extreme r/h edge an elbow. I am confident this is Harrison Reed's - and very fit it looks. I only hope the rest of him hasn't been transferred.

On a marginally more serious note. There seems a fair amount of agreement that we should not feature Cairney and Seri in the same side; is it also thought that we should avoid the idea of featuring Reed and StefJo in tandem?

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: cmg on July 15, 2021, 07:40:00 PM
Quote from: BarryP on July 15, 2021, 07:10:40 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 15, 2021, 04:54:31 PM
Are people genuinely basing transfer rumours on players not being in any pictures on the website?

I know we're in strange times, but come on lads.

This thread is always active.  A lack of actual rumors will lead those so inclined to self-stimulation of the cranium.

In the picture issued today focusing on the younger players, if you look closely at the third one, the one featuring Jay Stansfield, you can see, at the extreme r/h edge an elbow. I am confident this is Harrison Reed's - and very fit it looks. I only hope the rest of him hasn't been transferred.

On a marginally more serious note. There seems a fair amount of agreement that we should not feature Cairney and Seri in the same side; is it also thought that we should avoid the idea of featuring Reed and StefJo in tandem?

No I think Reed and Stef could play together, Reed more defensive whereas Johansen is more box to box

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 15, 2021, 04:46:45 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 15, 2021, 09:14:49 AM
Quote from: Jules on July 15, 2021, 06:43:53 AM

I couldn't care less if Anguissa goes. Take the money I say and reinvest in the squad. He didn't want to play in the championship last time and why would that be different this time? However, we must keep hold of Harrison Reed. Arguably should have been player of the season for us last season. I know Areola won it and was very good but I don't like the idea of giving it to a loan player.

I don't recall Anguissa ever saying last time he didn't want to play in the Championship. Just as likely is a) Parker preferred to bring in both Reed and Arter for squad depth instead of relying on just Anguissa, and b) Tony Khan wanted Anguissa to prove himself in La Liga, so TK could sell him if we failed to get promoted for a good price.

Have you ever heard that Anguissa didn't want to play in the Championship? or just guessing that was the reason?

Even a recluse with his eyes shut and his fingers in his ears  living in a cave on Mars could tell by Anguissas body language he didn't want to be anywhere near the championship let alone Fulham. As for your chum TK he wasted a lot of his fathers money on Zambo which was nowhere near his true valuation, another classic error of judgement, so please explain how is he going to get his fathers money back.

I couldn't care less if Anguissa goes. Take the money I say and reinvest in the squad. He didn't want to play in the championship last time and why would that be different this time? However, we must keep hold of Harrison Reed. Arguably should have been player of the season for us last season. I know Areola won it and was very good but I don't like the idea of giving it to a loan player.

I don't recall Anguissa ever saying last time he didn't want to play in the Championship. Just as likely is a) Parker preferred to bring in both Reed and Arter for squad depth instead of relying on just Anguissa, and b) Tony Khan wanted Anguissa to prove himself in La Liga, so TK could sell him if we failed to get promoted for a good price.

Have you ever heard that Anguissa didn't want to play in the Championship? or just guessing that was the reason?

Even a recluse with his eyes shut and his fingers in his ears  living in a cave on Mars could tell by Anguissas body language he didn't want to be anywhere near the championship let alone Fulham. As for your chum TK he wasted a lot of his fathers money on Zambo which was nowhere near his true valuation, another classic error of judgement, so please explain how is he going to get his fathers money back.

My Woolly friend,
How can one judge his body language with his eyes shut
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm sure Marco has done his home work and will be putting his arm around each player, in private.'
and discussing their potential with the club, or not.
He will also be massaging the players he may want to keep, like Mitro, Reed, Mitro, Ak, Ango Seri, Johanson ?
and suitable younguns

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on July 15, 2021, 08:08:47 PM

My Woolly friend,

Roger, Did you ever see that film "Eyes Wide Shut"  Featuring Tom Cruise.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 15, 2021, 09:14:57 PM

My Woolly friend,

I haven't old chap but just read a little bit about it and hate to say that AK is not a blind piano player.
But he could be "key" to our promotion

grandad

Everton will listen to offers on 6 1st team players. Perhaps Silva will look to his old club to see if any would suit us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JudgeBread

Absolutely no link and has been injured ALOT - I wonder if he could make something of Besic on a free. Particularly if we lose Reed

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on July 15, 2021, 10:10:29 PM

My Woolly friend,

I haven't old chap but just read a little bit about it and hate to say that AK is not a blind piano player.

To be a Key you have to find the right padlock to unlock.
Which reminds me, do you remember Johnny Key back in the 60s.

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Ike Ugbo a young Chelsea striker being linked with us.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Riversider on July 16, 2021, 09:30:45 PM

Apparently he's going to Genk

70sPimlico

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 16, 2021, 10:04:44 PM
Quote from: Riversider on July 16, 2021, 09:30:45 PM

Apparently he's going to Genk

Guys, come on. You're interrupting the mammoth-Roger cupcaking session

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2021, 03:42:56 PM

My Woolly friend,

I do but only Just  :0)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on July 17, 2021, 02:02:35 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2021, 03:42:56 PM

My Woolly friend,

I do but only Just  :0)

Can you please do some research and gather as much information on him as possible as I shall be asking questions about him later, many thanks.
Don't you think it's amazing that all the news that happens in the world every day always seems to fit exactly into a newspaper. Although none of them so far have reported a definate genuine Fulham transfer that is coming in for sure.

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/07/fulham-linked-with-manchester-city-youngster/

Fulham are one of ten Championship clubs keen to take Manchester City midfielder Tommy Doyle on loan this season, according to reports this afternoon.

The Whites join the likes of Sheffield United, West Brom, Bournemouth, Swansea City, Middlesbrough, QPR, Coventry City, Cardiff and Blackburn Rovers in a long line of suitors for the creative midfielder, who starred as City's under 23s claimed the Premier League 2 title last season. The teenager has made seven senior appearances for Pep Guardiola's side after being handed his debut in a League Cup win over Southampton in 2019.

Doyle made his Premier League bow in July 2020 when he replaced Riyad Mahrez in a 5-0 victory over Newcastle. The 19 year-old is highly rated by the City coaching staff and extended his contract until the summer of 2025 last year. The club have yet to decide whether to loan Doyle out to continue his development – and a call may not be made until early August.

cmg

Interesting player, Doyle. Although I wouldn't be too keen on loans this season.

He was captain of the England u19 and u20 sides that included our own Luca Ashby-Hammond and Sonny Hilton.
Be interesting to see if Hilton's come on this year. He's just come back from loan at a Finnish 2nd tier outfit (they play until the end of June). Seems he held down a first team spot but, otherwise, I've seen no reports.

filham

It is probable that we will lose one or two of our key players from say Mitro, Anguissa, Stefjo, Cairney and and  Robinson. The worst scenario is that they play together at Fulham for the first three or four matches and then are snatched away late in the window leaving the team in disarray and without replacements.

cmg

Quote from: filham on July 17, 2021, 08:41:45 PM
It is probable that we will lose one or two of our key players from say Mitro, Anguissa, Stefjo, Cairney and and  Robinson. The worst scenario is that they play together at Fulham for the first three or four matches and then are snatched away late in the window leaving the team in disarray and without replacements.

Go on. If you try really hard, I'm sure you can think of a much worse scenario. I mean, you've not even factored asteroid collision into the equation.
Or, even more horrific, we retain all the valuable players, strengthen the squad and everything goes swimmingly well as we record triumph after triumph, leaving absolutely sfa to moan about.

WestSussexWhite

Apparently we are leading the race for Harry Wilson

Craven Mad

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 19, 2021, 12:31:30 PM
Apparently we are leading the race for Harry Wilson

Would be a very good signing.

If he joins though, unless Silva plans to play him out wide, that might spell the end for TC here...