watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

Maybe. Or we're just making room for a newcomer. 

Have to trust that the management have a plan and know what they are doing I suppose!

bencher

I'll tell you what, I won't look forward to facing him with his scything tackles. Season-ending injury to Cairney on the cards.

Jem

Quote from: filham on July 23, 2021, 12:07:55 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on July 23, 2021, 10:29:06 AM
Quote from: filham on July 23, 2021, 09:30:59 AM
Quote from: G_Gribby on July 23, 2021, 06:54:30 AM
QuoteI hope this Brazilian lad isn't to replace Mitro.

I don't think he is to replace Mitro, he's coming (if it happens) to add more speed and alternatives to the attack. We need to score more goals, that's pretty obvious.
I am starting to dream of two strikers up front in an attacking 4-4-2 formation, one with real pace the other good in the air all resulting in a regular 2/3 goals per game at the Cottage.

Watching Muniz clips he scored the majority of his goals with his head!
Right then, we just need the wide men who can deliver good crosses, can't remember the last time we saw one of them in action at the Cottage.
Les Barrett.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

JEEVES

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 23, 2021, 01:20:15 PM

Have to trust that the management have a plan and know what they are doing I suppose!

I reckon Matt Grimes

Chutney

Quote from: JEEVES on July 23, 2021, 02:28:34 PM

I reckon Matt Grimes

This would be a weird one, Grimes is 26 and won't get a whole lot better,  he's certainly not ever going to be prem standard si what would be the point? Our transfers team are so so bad, no long term vision at all.
C O Y W

Deeping_white

Quote from: Chutney on July 23, 2021, 02:59:13 PM

I reckon Matt Grimes

This would be a weird one, Grimes is 26 and won't get a whole lot better,  he's certainly not ever going to be prem standard si what would be the point? Our transfers team are so so bad, no long term vision at all.

Defensive midfielders peak around about 30 and some even later so he's nowhere near his best yet, and he's definitely got the ability to play in the Premier League

Twig

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 23, 2021, 03:11:01 PM

I reckon Matt Grimes

Defensive midfielders peak around about 30 and some even later so he's nowhere near his best yet, and he's definitely got the ability to play in the Premier League

I'm a bit confused. Surely Reed is our starting defensive mid? If we are replacing Stef Jo don't we need more of a box to box or attacking type?   I don't know Grimes well enough; if he's the former he may well improve but do we need him, if he's the latter then he is unlikely to continue improving as the athletic demands tend to take their toll earlier. Perhaps I haven't understood the rumoured Grimes transfer properly though?

Deeping_white

Quote from: Twig on July 23, 2021, 04:43:17 PM

I reckon Matt Grimes

I'm a bit confused. Surely Reed is our starting defensive mid? If we are replacing K Mac don't we need more of a box to box type?   I don't know Grimes well enough; if he's the former he may well improve but do we need him, if he's the latter then he is unlikely to continue improving as the athletic demands tend to take their toll earlier. Perhaps I haven't understood the rumoured Grimes transfer properly though?

He's a deep lying midfielder - Reed is more box to box. He sits deep and pulls the strings as he's got good passing range so should hopefully add some more creativity to our midfield. Silva plays 4-3-3 so you'd most likely have Grimes and Reed in a 2 man pivot behind TC

WestSussexWhite

I would expect Harry Wilson to join us now, we have agreed a deal with Liverpool and he has been left out of the Liverpool squad for a friendly today. Matt Grimes has an offer from us and Bournemouth. We are his preferred destination, but should be more on that on the next 48 hours.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 23, 2021, 04:53:36 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 23, 2021, 04:43:17 PM

I reckon Matt Grimes

I'm a bit confused. Surely Reed is our starting defensive mid? If we are replacing K Mac don't we need more of a box to box type?   I don't know Grimes well enough; if he's the former he may well improve but do we need him, if he's the latter then he is unlikely to continue improving as the athletic demands tend to take their toll earlier. Perhaps I haven't understood the rumoured Grimes transfer properly though?

He's a deep lying midfielder - Reed is more box to box. He sits deep and pulls the strings as he's got good passing range so should hopefully add some more creativity to our midfield. Silva plays 4-3-3 so you'd most likely have Grimes and Reed in a 2 man pivot behind TC

My thoughts exactly - if all of Anguissa, Seri and Stef Jo are off, Trybull rumour makes sense as well.midfield of Reed, Trybull, Grimes, Onomah, Cairney, ??

Blawarmy

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 23, 2021, 05:01:28 PM
I would expect Harry Wilson to join us now, we have agreed a deal with Liverpool and he has been left out of the Liverpool squad for a friendly today. Matt Grimes has an offer from us and Bournemouth. We are his preferred destination, but should be more on that on the next 48 hours.
Surely we won't let StefJo leave until Grimes is confirmed.

The Rock

Quote from: IloveFFC on July 23, 2021, 01:10:32 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Sean_Gallagher9/status/1418535027663593475

Stefjo is a nice squad player, but not the be all, end all saviour they are making him to be. Perhaps shows even though we've just been relegated the gulf in class between our two squads.

Marcel_Gecov

Wilson apparently done - 12m + addons

Are we happy?

Tabby

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 23, 2021, 05:18:27 PM

Are we happy?

Bit expensive for me, but whatever. Hope he goes on to live up to the price tag.

Barrett487

Quote from: Jem on July 23, 2021, 02:13:09 PM

I don't think he is to replace Mitro, he's coming (if it happens) to add more speed and alternatives to the attack. We need to score more goals, that's pretty obvious.
I am starting to dream of two strikers up front in an attacking 4-4-2 formation, one with real pace the other good in the air all resulting in a regular 2/3 goals per game at the Cottage.

Right then, we just need the wide men who can deliver good crosses, can't remember the last time we saw one of them in action at the Cottage.
Les Barrett.
Les was such a great player.

I would suggest that Damian Duff was a pretty good crosser of the ball more recently.

filham

Are we happy?
Just two weeks to the first match, the more we get sorted, b0th ins and outs, in the next week the better.

Holders

Quote from: Jem on July 23, 2021, 02:13:09 PM

Les Barrett.

Pin-point from about a foot away from the goal-line at 90 degrees.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Are we happy?

If so, yes. It can't be said that Silva allowed it all to be left to the last minute. He could hardly have made his input much sooner.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

G_Gribby

Well Harry Wilson and from the same (Instagram) source, Rodrigo Muniz will join. Let's see if this account is something to follow in the future.

Up the Fulham!
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Whitestone

Stef Jo won't be a loss if he goes, which looks likely, but Anguissa will. The club should be doing everything within their power to retain him.