watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Seems like every window we have to buy a goalkeeper, really odd.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 24, 2021, 12:41:12 PM
Paolo Gazzanigga having a medical at Fulham apparently

I took his height when he walked through the gates at MP  6 feet 5 inches, and very tall for his height.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WestSussexWhite

This probably means Fabri is off, and Gazzanigga will be good competition for Rodak. We almost signed him before Areola last summer too

bobby01

All journalists on Twitter saying Wilson flying in for medical, terms agreed on all sides.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

JimOG

Quote from: bobby01 on July 24, 2021, 12:56:48 PM
All journalists on Twitter saying Wilson flying in for medical, terms agreed on all sides.

£12 mill was the text I got from a Liverpool friend and avid reader of all their journos

St. Andrews White

Paulo Gazzaniga (spurs keeper) having a medical as well and reports StefJo is £450k and add-ons

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Tabby

Gazzaniga was on his way here last window, before Areola, wasn't he?

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Tabby on July 24, 2021, 01:34:28 PM
Gazzaniga was on his way here last window, before Areola, wasn't he?

Yes Spurs wanted 10 mill so we signed Areola instead

paulbrookersmazydribbles

If Rodak gets replaced again, I will be very disappointed.

Riversider

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: Riversider on July 24, 2021, 01:46:27 PM
Reiss Nelson on loan, latest rumour on Twitter.

I saw Reece Parkinson post that on Twitter. I thought he was just joking - not sure he's read the room after bragging of his 'involvement' in the RLC transfer.

Deeping_white

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on July 24, 2021, 01:41:51 PM

It'll be a backup freebie like we tried for the American keeper the other week, means we can let Fabri go as well as Betts and shift some wages and have decent competition for the #1 spot

Jules

Yeah, seems harsh on Rodak but can't see Gazzaniga joining us as second choice

junior white

Quote from: JimOG on July 24, 2021, 01:19:20 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on July 24, 2021, 12:56:48 PM

£12 mill was the text I got from a Liverpool friend and avid reader of all their journos
According to UK media sources it is 10 million pounds which is maybe 12 million euros. They wanted 14 million pounds maybe we have offset the Elliot fee

Statto

Agreed

Also people need to stop throwing the word journalist around so casually, mostly in reference to 19 year olds with <50 Twitter followers

99% of the stuff on this thread is going to be complete rubbish, like the various manager rumours. Probably including this Gazzaniga rumour.

JEEVES

If Gazzaniga is coming and been assured number 1 then I'm not best pleased. But if he's being brought in to compete for number 1 it's fine by me because I've seen nothing to suggest he's a better goaly than Rody. Why did spurs release him? Surely better than Joe Hart?

Dodgin

JEEVES

Would be lying if I said I wasn't getting excited but as a Fulham fan I know I need to be cautious.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on July 24, 2021, 06:23:01 AM
OK, so I know that a lot of people turn up their noses at all the advanced statistics and metrics that are now available, but some of them can be useful tools to help evaluate a player's strengths and weaknesses, and how their play can impact a game in ways that might not be obvious. There is a stat called "successful dribbles", which is when a player beats his marker and drives forward with the ball such that another player must then cover him. I believe that to qualify as successful, they must travel a minimum distance forward, which I think is 10 metres. Although it sounds like this should happen all the time with players all over the pitch, it is actually rather rare in real game situations in the Premier League.
In the 2020-21 Premier League season, Adama Traore led the league in successful dribbles. There were 2 players tied for 2nd; Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa and Andre St. Maximin. there was a sizeable gap separating those 2 from the following players, Sadio Mane, and then Marcus Rashford. Raheem Sterling was 9th in the league, and Jack Grealish was 10th.
The great value that a successful dribble contributes is that it can destroy the defensive shape of the opposition. When 2 or 3 players converge to defend a player dribbling the ball, that inevitably leaves attacking players unmarked. and although it doesnt always lead directly to goals, it definitely leads to goal scoring opportunities for other players. If a player is surrounded by others who can take advantage of those opportunities, the goals will come.
For those who think that Anguissa has occasional flashes of eye-catching talent, but no end product, I think they may be missing what a lot of professional football people can see; that he can consistently produce those high level performances in the Premier League and La Liga, and if surrounded by the right players, he can contribute greatly to a team's overall possibility of success. That's why they value him so highly in the transfer market.

Your analysis is spot on and a large reason why Fulham should sell him unfortunately. People use the term luxury player to describe certain traits in a player. While I don't believe FZA is a "luxury" player, his presence on Fulham is a luxury that makes no sense. The talent around him does not play up his strengths and it is therefore wasted. The club would be be wise to sell him and re-invest in someone who will improve the team's fortunes over the next 2-3 seasons. Even though he is a fine player, FZA just does not do this.

Fernhurst

Quote from: JEEVES on July 24, 2021, 02:24:39 PM
Would be lying if I said I wasn't getting excited but as a Fulham fan I know I need to be cautious.

Agreed, we mustn't mustn't get excited but just watched Harry Wilson highlights and my grandson said "with this squad we really should p::: this league 🎉🔥💪🎉 Think Harry is perfect for this (and if our ambition is attained) next season.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.