more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Andrews White

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 24, 2021, 06:13:28 PM
Mike Biereth has signed for Arsenal so that's why he didn't renew his contract with us then
Bad news losing academy prospects like that. Do we get any compensation for his development?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

bobby01

Mike Biereth has signed for Arsenal so that's why he didn't renew his contract with us then

Another with bad guidance, bet he never starts for them, another waste of talent
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Deeping_white

Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 24, 2021, 06:14:45 PM
Bad news losing academy prospects like that. Do we get any compensation for his development?

Yeah think so as it's the same situation as Harvey Elliot but we'll get about £60 compensation for him as he never made a first team appearance, even though his stats for the U18's were insane last season

JEEVES

I'll only be gutted once one of these players actually goes on to be a proper good player. Still yet to see it. Gutted when Patrick Roberts left, gutted when dembele left, gutted when adeniran left, gutted when sess left, gutted when Elliott left. Don't really care that much any more. I like the look of carvalho, if man Utd signed him tomorrow I'd have money on him never playing a senior game for them.

cmg

Quote from: bobby01 on July 24, 2021, 06:45:31 PM

Another with bad guidance, bet he never starts for them, another waste of talent

Maybe.
I don't really see it as a particularly difficult decision for him. Arsenal are an attractive proposition and, even if he doesn't  come on as hoped, the money is presumably pretty good.
He was a good prospect for us and it is a pity he has moved on.
Age 18 he has played 37 times for the u18s and scored 25 goals - an excellent return for a centre-forward.
But Jay Stansfield, also 18 and a centre-forward, turned out 27 times for the u18s and scored 31. Maybe Mika thought the competition was a little too hot for him here.

LC

Quote from: Whitestone on July 24, 2021, 03:49:07 PM
Quote from: Ivorwasgod on July 24, 2021, 03:27:40 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 24, 2021, 03:18:01 PM
Quote from: LC on July 24, 2021, 03:15:05 PM
Wilson was on my list of players to get this summer- very happy with this signing if confirmed.

We still need a centre back, (presuming Zambo leaves) then 2 midfielders and a forward.

I think CB is one position we certainly don't need. We currently have 8 of them!

agreed well at least 6 depending where you class Odoi unless ive miscounted

Tosin, opuku, mawson, hector, Ream, Kongolo,

The only reliable centre back on the books is Tosin so I see what LC is saying. That said even Tosin had a wobble in the run in last season. Kongolo and Mawson are both decent but will they ever be injury free. Opoku is untried at the level so only the coaching staff know if he is ready for the Championship. If Hector can recreate his form pre-COVID, albeit he did have a decent game in the play off final he may be ok but what we saw last season was not good. Ream has some positives but there is always a mistake in his game whilst Odoi is not predominantly a centre back. Then there is Le Marchand who has been poor. I would hope from within this group Silva is able to mould a solid partnership. Think there are other areas that need addressing first but an area we would have to strengthen in the longer term.

Exactly my thoughts.

Mawson and Kongolo are unreliable and will not last the season. I like Ream but he isn't PL quality- i hear a lot of people on here keep saying that we need to build a PL team- Ream at the age of 33 does not fit that model for me, but I would certainly keep him for the Championship. I would absolutely be looking to bring in a centre back who is capable of making the step up to the PL, I would go for someone like Helik from Bransley to start alongside Tosin.

That way you would have Tosin, Helik, Hector and Ream. That would give us strong depth. I'm basically looking to build a team to win the championship, you can't do that without strength in depth.

JEEVES

Quote from: LC on July 24, 2021, 07:10:59 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on July 24, 2021, 03:49:07 PM
Quote from: Ivorwasgod on July 24, 2021, 03:27:40 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 24, 2021, 03:18:01 PM
Quote from: LC on July 24, 2021, 03:15:05 PM
Wilson was on my list of players to get this summer- very happy with this signing if confirmed.

We still need a centre back, (presuming Zambo leaves) then 2 midfielders and a forward.

I think CB is one position we certainly don't need. We currently have 8 of them!

agreed well at least 6 depending where you class Odoi unless ive miscounted

Tosin, opuku, mawson, hector, Ream, Kongolo,

The only reliable centre back on the books is Tosin so I see what LC is saying. That said even Tosin had a wobble in the run in last season. Kongolo and Mawson are both decent but will they ever be injury free. Opoku is untried at the level so only the coaching staff know if he is ready for the Championship. If Hector can recreate his form pre-COVID, albeit he did have a decent game in the play off final he may be ok but what we saw last season was not good. Ream has some positives but there is always a mistake in his game whilst Odoi is not predominantly a centre back. Then there is Le Marchand who has been poor. I would hope from within this group Silva is able to mould a solid partnership. Think there are other areas that need addressing first but an area we would have to strengthen in the longer term.

Exactly my thoughts.

Mawson and Kongolo are unreliable and will not last the season. I like Ream but he isn't PL quality- i hear a lot of people on here keep saying that we need to build a PL team- Ream at the age of 33 does not fit that model for me, but I would certainly keep him for the Championship. I would absolutely be looking to bring in a centre back who is capable of making the step up to the PL, I would go for someone like Helik from Bransley to start alongside Tosin.

That way you would have Tosin, Helik, Hector and Ream. That would give us strong depth. I'm basically looking to build a team to win the championship, you can't do that without strength in depth.

In my eyes Hector was bad in the prem i.e he's not up to prem standard, fact. But in the championship, he was quality. We wouldn't have got promoted without him coming in January and we probably would have got automatics of we had him at the start of the season. He wasn't AS good after covid but why does everyone keep saying he was bad? After a few bad games we went on a good run, defence was solid. He made an unbelievable tackle against Cardiff in the playoffs and then dealt with Watkins and benrahma all game in the final.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: JEEVES on July 24, 2021, 01:56:53 PM
If Gazzaniga is coming and been assured number 1 then I'm not best pleased. But if he's being brought in to compete for number 1 it's fine by me because I've seen nothing to suggest he's a better goaly than Rody. Why did spurs release him? Surely better than Joe Hart?
But Hart is a UK player which is really attractive for a sub GK. Same reason so many clubs are chasing Betts.

Riversider

We've been linked with Reiss Nelson on a season long loan from Arsenal today, maybe this loan is linked with Biereth going

Pluto

Quote from: Riversider on July 24, 2021, 08:24:05 PM

We've been linked with Reiss Nelson on a season long loan from Arsenal today, maybe this loan is linked with Biereth going

Is Nelson actually any good? Seem to recall a bit of buzz about him a couple of years ago but he barely featured last season and they didn't exactly have a deep squad.

IloveFFC

where do you see Reiss Nelson links?

The Cravenette

Quote from: Pluto on July 24, 2021, 08:33:46 PM

Is Nelson actually any good? Seem to recall a bit of buzz about him a couple of years ago but he barely featured last season and they didn't exactly have a deep squad.
He is another winger. Surely if this and Wilson happens we will be off loading some of our current wingers

Statto

Quote from: JEEVES on July 24, 2021, 07:17:49 PM
In my eyes Hector was bad in the prem i.e he's not up to prem standard, fact. But in the championship, he was quality. We wouldn't have got promoted without him coming in January and we probably would have got automatics of we had him at the start of the season. He wasn't AS good after covid but why does everyone keep saying he was bad? After a few bad games we went on a good run, defence was solid. He made an unbelievable tackle against Cardiff in the playoffs and then dealt with Watkins and benrahma all game in the final.

Agree with all this except the first sentence about him in the PL. He played 3 games so remains substantially untested at that level. If Tosin has played in those first few games with Rodak and Ream instead of Areola and Anderson he would have looked equally clueless, "fact".

MickTheBeard

I've noticed we have started intergrated youth players earlier which is a good sign to late for Milan.The sad thing and I have seen him play he is better than Bowie and we paid money for him.

spikey norman

JEEVES

JEEVES

Quote from: Statto on July 24, 2021, 09:02:34 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on July 24, 2021, 07:17:49 PM

Agree with all this except the first sentence about him in the PL. He played 3 games so remains substantially untested at that level. If Tosin has played in those first few games with Rodak and Ream instead of Areola and Anderson he would have looked equally clueless, "fact".

I actually agree with the majority of the stuff you say. You're right he didn't really get a fair crack but.. That Brentford cup game.. That did it for me.

spikey norman

Quote from: JEEVES on July 24, 2021, 09:40:53 PM
Quote from: spikey norman on July 24, 2021, 09:29:24 PM
Looks like Anderson might be joining Palace

Tell me you're jokin?

Mail on line reporting that Palace have moved above Spurs in race to sign Anderson for £20 million

Deeping_white

Wilson and Gazzaniga both now confirmed by the club