https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 24, 2021, 10:03:57 PM
Wilson and Gazzaniga both now confirmed by the club
Wilson will start but who will start as our No. 1 Keeper?
Where there's a will there's a wife

jayffc

Like Wilson and Gazz   

Seems fairly universal that on paper they should be part of a team that can challenge.
Would like Nielsen aswell so we can move on one of Knockaert, Cav or Kebano

Then I'd love a quality AM in case Tom cant stay fit and a striker and I'd say that's business done

Perhaps Fabio can step up to the plate though. Would be great for one of the youth to push on ala Sess... maybe even some Stansfield off the bench!

Somerset Fulham

Palace pal of mine is suggesting that they are sniffing around Zambo, as well as well down the track with the signing of Andersen.

I Ronic

For those interested in FFP, found this on the BBC in an article about Harry Kane's possible move to City.

City are one of the few clubs who do have some flexibility with their spending, with their financial muscle having shielded them from the worst of the pandemic.

And if you're wondering about the impact of Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules, Uefa has already decided financial statements for 2020 and 2021 will be rolled up into a single accounting period because of the huge impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

Tabby

Silva talking about "competition for places", how important it was to have more than one player in a position and how we are looking to sign more players in the post Southampton video would suggest that we are looking to sign a striker, would be encouraging for the Muniz rumours. Muniz seems to be in a fairly similar mould to Mitro.

Hope it also means that Gazzaniga isn't signed as a guaranteed starter over Rodak.

JimOG

Quote from: I Ronic on July 25, 2021, 12:04:30 PM
For those interested in FFP, found this on the BBC in an article about Harry Kane's possible move to City.

City are one of the few clubs who do have some flexibility with their spending, with their financial muscle having shielded them from the worst of the pandemic.

And if you're wondering about the impact of Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules, Uefa has already decided financial statements for 2020 and 2021 will be rolled up into a single accounting period because of the huge impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

with what impact on us would you say?

Tabby

The body governing our FFP woes would be the EFL, not UEFA, so it doesn't have much to do with us.

Riversider

Daily Mail reporting that Matt Grimes is on his way this week, clears the way I guess for the elusive Harrison Reed to sadly move on .

Deeping_white

Quote from: Riversider on July 25, 2021, 08:35:33 PM
Daily Mail reporting that Matt Grimes is on his way this week, clears the way I guess for the elusive Harrison Reed to sadly move on .

Not really, two different sort of players and we're already short of numbers there so no way we let two CM's (including our best one) leave in a week and only bring one in

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Riversider on July 25, 2021, 08:35:33 PM

Grimes will be the johansen repalcement. I still expect Zambo to go. Reed is not fit yet either which will stop any move away

junior white

WSW do you know if there is any truth in the rumour that Rodak has asked to leave eon loan or permanently? Mate of mine said he had heard he was being linked to Cardiff, dont get me wrong not sure how he would now as he has no links to FFC and is a Forest fan

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: junior white on July 25, 2021, 09:30:33 PM
WSW do you know if there is any truth in the rumour that Rodak has asked to leave eon loan or permanently? Mate of mine said he had heard he was being linked to Cardiff, dont get me wrong not sure how he would now as he has no links to FFC and is a Forest fan

Not heard that, I'll try and find out. Seems Cardiff would an odd one as they have Alex Smithies. I'll try and find out

WestSussexWhite

Neither of my mates that give me info have heard that one....apparently he's relishing the challenge with Gazzaniga

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 25, 2021, 09:41:05 PM

Neither of my mates that give me info have heard that one....apparently he's relishing the challenge with Gazzaniga
Cool thanks

Finnans Right Peg

Wsw .not asking you to name names and i understand that you are putting you hand out to be slapped (so to speak)but from what you know is there anyting else in the pipeline or close ,even just position wise can you tell us

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on July 25, 2021, 11:00:45 PM
Wsw .not asking you to name names and i understand that you are putting you hand out to be slapped (so to speak)but from what you know is there anyting else in the pipeline or close ,even just position wise can you tell us

1 possibly outgoing I have heard is that Palace MAY be lining a bid up for Anguissa. We are Likely to have a bid for a  back up striker in in next few days too but cannot give name currently as I haven't been told it yet. Then the only incomings I would expect are to replace significant outgoings, Silva happy we only need 4 players currently.

The Rock

Quote from: Caedal on July 24, 2021, 05:01:44 PM
"LEMINA LEAVES SOUTHAMPTON

Mario Lemina has joined Ligue 1 side Nice from Southampton.

The Gabon international was a big money signing for the Saints in 2017, but spent last season on loan at Fulham."

I was a bigger fan of Lamina than most, and am sad we weren't able to keep him. Glad he's gone to a Nice club 😉

In the words of that Morgana show douchey fellow "adios amigo".

I liked Lemina tbh, and more so if we had a loan with a view to sign. But he was no Moussa Dembele. Next.

RaySmith

Quote from: The Rock on July 26, 2021, 02:43:32 AM

The Gabon international was a big money signing for the Saints in 2017, but spent last season on loan at Fulham."

I was a bigger fan of Lamina than most, and am sad we weren't able to keep him. Glad he's gone to a Nice club 😉

I liked Lemina tbh, and more so if we had a loan with a view to sign. But he was no Moussa Dembele. Next.

I liked him, pity we couldn't keep him, thought he always put in a good effort, with a good level of skill.

As for Zambo, i feel he is a bit of an enigma. He does have a languid style, which is probably deceptive.
Obviously had great natural talent, like RLC perhaps (!), but did he bust a gut in games when we needed every player to  bust a gut? in the way that Reed obviously did.

Though could be lot to do with our style of play, and the quality of the prem opposition.

The feeling seems to be that he will leave anyway.

70sPimlico

Quote from: RaySmith on July 26, 2021, 07:06:40 AM

I liked him, pity we couldn't keep him, thought he always put in a good effort, with a good level of skill.

As for Zambo, i feel he is a bit of an enigma. He does have a languid style, which is probably deceptive.
but did he bust a gut in games when we needed every player to  bust a gut? in the way that Reed obviously did.

Well, I watched him play and I don't get the "he don't like it up em" type posts. I saw a player tracking back and winning possession. just checked the stats, which are readily available and on a per match basis, Zambo performs better than Reed on (tackles won, loose balls won, aerial duels won, blocks, interceptions)
Now, on top of that he has pretty stunning attacking stats. I guess we will lose him and we will be a weaker team because of it. If some of you judge a player on how he holds himself and runs round the pitch shaking his fist and geeing up the crowd, then you're going to be up in arms with Harry Wilson. God, what will you think of him?

bencher

Quote from: 70sPimlico on July 26, 2021, 07:56:08 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on July 26, 2021, 07:06:40 AM

but did he bust a gut in games when we needed every player to  bust a gut? in the way that Reed obviously did.

Well, I watched him play and I don't get the "he don't like it up em" type posts. I saw a player tracking back and winning possession. just checked the stats, which are readily available and on a per match basis, Zambo performs better than Reed on (tackles won, loose balls won, aerial duels won, blocks, interceptions)
Now, on top of that he has pretty stunning attacking stats. I guess we will lose him and we will be a weaker team because of it. If some of you judge a player on how he holds himself and runs round the pitch shaking his fist and geeing up the crowd, then you're going to be up in arms with Harry Wilson. God, what will you think of him?

I think with Zambo, even for his good qualities and impact, there is often a sense of how much more he could achieve. With Reed, you get the feeling he squeezes every ounce of impact he's capable of out of himself. The other real regret with Zambo is there is not enough end product. When he's on form, he uses his body incredibly well to win back possession, hold off players, take the ball and team up the pitch, but there are not enough goals and assists.