https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Bournemouth's Game Plan Today

Started by SP, May 22, 2021, 12:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

2-2 on aggregate. I think it's over for the Cherries

Sgt Fulham

You look at the Bournemouth team and wonder how they weren't in the conversation for top 2. Now it makes sense.

Slaphead in Qatar

Looks like Brentford going through. We go down and our main rivals take our place

Somerset Fulham

Brentford have been absolutely excellent today.

Jules

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 22, 2021, 02:18:55 PM
Looks like Brentford going through. We go down and our main rivals take our place
Like a bad nightmare coming true!! Bees up Fulham down'

ChesterTheTabby

And there it is for Brentford. Dumbass getting the red card in the beginning ruined it for the Cherries
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Beamer

Does it seem right that if a player is sent off in the second leg of a tie his side must play any extra time with 10 men, whereas if their opponents had a player sent off in the first leg that doesn't carry over to what is effectively a new 15 minute each half game. Seems fairer to me that the penalised side should be able to make their team up to 11 for extra time ( not using the player who was sent off). Just a general thought as it looks like Brentford may have taken the need out of the equation.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 22, 2021, 02:21:27 PM
Brentford have been absolutely excellent today.

They deserve to go up based on this performance and their previous two seasons.

Would love Barnsley to do it, though.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

SP

Don't write Swansea or Barnsley off just yet.

Jules

Quote from: SP on May 22, 2021, 02:24:18 PM
Don't write Swansea or Barnsley off just yet.
I would love one of those teams to beat Brentford at Wembley

SP

grandad

Praying that Swansea or Barnsley save us from suffering Brentford in the PL. It will be short lived as I can´t see any of the promoted clubs surviving in the PL
Where there's a will there's a wife

SP

Although I didn't agree with the penalty decision, the ref has done really well today to keep a lid on this game.

Nero

Sky getting all giddy over Brentford again Premier League club in waiting, are they having a laugh

SP

Not a lot between the teams, Bournemouth will feel they blew it today.

Sgt Fulham

Would be raging if I were a Bournemouth fan. Absolute bottle job.

SP

Don't rule out another Brentford play-off final choke.

Blawarmy

Quote from: grandad on May 22, 2021, 02:29:50 PM
Praying that Swansea or Barnsley save us from suffering Brentford in the PL. It will be short lived as I can´t see any of the promoted clubs surviving in the PL
To be fair they'll have a better chance at staying up with their recruitment.  But as others have said they're the kings of choke when it comes to the final, so I'm not writing off Swansea (or Barnsley)

grandad

Quote from: Nero on May 22, 2021, 02:32:20 PM
Sky getting all giddy over Brentford again Premier League club in waiting, are they having a laugh
Also creaming themselves over their superb new stadium. Looks very like a cheap Ikea flat pack to me.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Quote from: grandad on May 22, 2021, 02:36:42 PM
Quote from: Nero on May 22, 2021, 02:32:20 PM
Also creaming themselves over their superb new stadium. Looks very like a cheap Ikea flat pack to me.

It may not be a thing of architectural beauty but they are a smallish club with a smaller fanbase than us and a less wealthy owner. They've got it built, up and running so fair play to them.