watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Bournemouth's Game Plan Today

Started by SP, May 22, 2021, 12:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

Yeah, rivalries aside they are bloody good and well run club, it doesn't hurt anybody to admit that.

PaulJ123

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 22, 2021, 04:08:19 PM
Yeah, rivalries aside they are bloody good and well run club, it doesn't hurt anybody to admit that.

Exactly this, I don't have too much of a problem with Brentford as a 'rival'. For a smaller club which they are, they are run well and deserve a shot at the prem given their recent few years. I don't think they'd stay up but they'll give it a better go than we did!

bog

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 22, 2021, 04:08:19 PM

Exactly. I hope they do it at Wembley.  :54:

092.gif

shepperton white

Let's be totally honest, we were very lucky to get promoted last year.  Over last season they were better than us and deserved to be at the top table.  I, for one, will cheer them on at Wembley and hope they get to the promised land.  They've been very unlucky with previous playoffs - hope this their turn.
Plus the added bonus is, of course another 6 points!!

Fulham 442

Quote from: shepperton white on May 22, 2021, 05:38:09 PM
Let's be totally honest, we were very lucky to get promoted last year.  Over last season they were better than us and deserved to be at the top table.  I, for one, will cheer them on at Wembley and hope they get to the promised land.  They've been very unlucky with previous playoffs - hope this their turn.
I agree apart from the cheering them on bit. Sorry but it goes against the grain!

Sgt Fulham

I don't like this "we were lucky" business. No, we finished on the same number of points as they did. We turned up for the playoffs, and they did not. In the end it should have been comprehensive, and they never really threatened to win the game. Luck had little to do with it.

Brentford were extremely lucky today (dodgy penalty, idiocy of Mepham, deflected goal) but that's part of football and they did well to exploit it. If they get promoted, they will have earned it over a gruelling season and playoffs. They are a well run club that have been knocking on the door for a while now, and so I'm sure they will go up at some point if not this year.

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on May 22, 2021, 08:31:12 PM

I don't like this "we were lucky" business. No, we finished on the same number of points as they did. We turned up for the playoffs, and they did not. In the end it should have been comprehensive, and they never really threatened to win the game. Luck had little to do with it.

Brentford were extremely lucky today (dodgy penalty, idiocy of Mepham, deflected goal) but that's part of football and they did well to exploit it. If they get promoted, they will have earned it over a gruelling season and playoffs. They are a well run club that have been knocking on the door for a while now, and so I'm sure they will go up at some point if not this year.
I agree with the above assessment. We were much the better team on the night at Wembley - my son and I both agreed afterwards that we never looked like loosing that game.

I wish them all the best at Wembley and I hope they do it. I also think they will make a better fist of it than we have and will probably stay up. Here's to Fulham v Brentford in the Premiership in front of 30k at the cottage in 2022-23 season. That would go down well with our QPR acquaintances!

SP

I didnt see too many premier league standard players today & they'll have to wait until the final to sign players.  A one year stay IMO but good luck to them.

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: SP on May 22, 2021, 08:53:03 PM
I didnt see too many premier league standard players today & they'll have to wait until the final to sign players.  A one year stay IMO but good luck to them.
Fair point but they have a manager who will go out to win games against the bottom half of the Premiership and they have a strong recruitment strategy that will focus on players desperate and capable of proving themselves at that level with guaranteed regular game time.

SP

I've seen a fair bit of Ivan Toney & he's a decent striker but not in the class of Ollie Watkins.  For some reason I'm leaning towards Swansea but it should be another dramatic final. 

Jules

Well I am going to be hoping for a Swansea win in the play off final. I shudder at the thought of Brentford going up and us going down.

Fulham 442

Well I am going to be hoping for a Swansea win in the play off final. I shudder at the thought of Brentford going up and us going down.

Me too. COYS's

Andy S

I don't know why nobody wants Brentford to go up. They will be spanned every week unless they spend big. Do they have the dosh? It could make them stronger as a club though. However there is a long way to go and they are not a big game team. But they do think they are.

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on May 22, 2021, 11:51:33 PM
I don't know why nobody wants Brentford to go up. They will be spanned every week unless they spend big. Do they have the dosh? It could make them stronger as a club though. However there is a long way to go and they are not a big game team. But they do think they are.

What is spanned? And what evidence do you have that they think they are a big game team (whatever that is)?

St Eve

I hope they beat Swansea. Well run club, new stadium and I wish them well.

SP

Having watched the game yesterday, I think they should stop sending 10 players forward for corners.