Estimated Rebate: £0.7m
Total: £101.7m

20. Sheffield United
Actual League Position: 20th
No. Of Paid TV Games: 10
Estimated Prize Money: £96.9m
Estimated Rebate: £5.9m
Total: £91m

This may be very simplistic but if, as SP said, we spent only £10 mill (Robinson, Tete, Tosin) and paid out another circa £20 mill in wages for loanees + no doubt bonuses/higher wages to the existing squad a guesstimate spend of £50 mill would leave a £56mill surpus + £45 mill parachute payment + monies from sales of Mitro et al must put is in a strong financial position to finally construct a Championship side with a core of good Prem players?

Statto

Quote from: JimOG on May 24, 2021, 03:31:58 PM
Quote from: whitejc on May 24, 2021, 03:21:49 PM
18. Fulham
Actual League Position: 18th
No. Of Paid TV Games: 16
Estimated Prize Money: £107.8m
Estimated Rebate: £0.9m
Total: £106.9m

19. West Brom
Actual League Position: 19th
No. Of Paid TV Games: 13
Estimated Prize Money: £102.4m

20. Sheffield United

This may be very simplistic but if, as SP said, we spent only £10 mill (Robinson, Tete, Tosin) and paid out another circa £20 mill in wages for loanees + no doubt bonuses/higher wages to the existing squad a guesstimate spend of £50 mill would leave a £56mill surpus + £45 mill parachute payment + monies from sales of Mitro et al must put is in a strong financial position to finally construct a Championship side with a core of good Prem players?

Fees are spread over the length of the players' contracts in the accounts so this season we probably 'spent' another £40m+ paying for Anguissa, Seri, MLM, Mawson, Bryan, Fabri, Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Hector, BDR, Mitrovic...

Plus Reed

Plus £10m+ in loan fees I should imagine

So that's your surplus gone

Wage bill will also have been £70-80m

HV71

The sins of the past are coming back to haunt us now.......

JimOG

Quote from: Statto on May 24, 2021, 03:59:48 PM
18. Fulham

19. West Brom

20. Sheffield United

Fees are spread over the length of the players' contracts in the accounts so this season we probably 'spent' another £40m+ paying for Anguissa, Seri, MLM, Mawson, Bryan, Fabri, Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Hector, BDR, Mitrovic...

Plus Reed

Thanks - so we'll have the parachute payment £45m + sales of Mitro/Zambo etc. Plus Shahid Khan can run up a £13 mill excess (or £39 mill if playing a high risk card)?

rebel

Almost all transfer fees are spread across several years. Leeds were still paying for Marc Viduka transfer fee to Leeds after he had retired.   

junior white

Quote from: rebel on May 24, 2021, 04:10:28 PM
Almost all transfer fees are spread across several years. Leeds were still paying for Marc Viduka transfer fee to Leeds after he had retired.
They were paying themselves lol? I know you either mean Leeds were paying Celtic or Middlesbrough were paying Leeds

But you are right most clubs usually pay the fee over the term of the first contract signed by the player as it eases expenditure.

Statto

Quote from: JimOG on May 24, 2021, 04:10:22 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 24, 2021, 03:59:48 PM
18. Fulham

19. West Brom

20. Sheffield United

Plus Reed

Thanks - so we'll have the parachute payment £45m + sales of Mitro/Zambo etc. Plus Shahid Khan can run up a £13 mill excess (or £39 mill if playing a high risk card)?

Next year's wage bill and further fees carried over from previous seasons (like I said above) will swallow up much of the parachute payment - it's not like an unexpected bonus burning a hole in our pocket

No idea what will happen with Mitro and Zambo but personally I think we're more in need of a net spend rather than recouping funds from player sales (in particular because we'll need the best squad in the division to secure a top 6 place with SP in charge)

grandad

Makes me laugh when some assume that we will be selling Mitro, Zambo & Cairney. None of them have declared their wishes. I won´t be taking part in any speculation on transfers but will wait until any announcements are made on the Offal.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: grandad on May 24, 2021, 08:57:01 PM
Makes me laugh when some assume that we will be selling Mitro, Zambo & Cairney. None of them have declared their wishes. I won´t be taking part in any speculation on transfers but will wait until any announcements are made on the Offal.
I think that they are more likely to go out on loan, to be honest I would rather we get rid of all 3! Really can't make a case for keeping any of them, all gone missing this season 1 way or another!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Whitestone

Quote from: davew on May 24, 2021, 09:09:57 PM
I think that they are more likely to go out on loan, to be honest I would rather we get rid of all 3! Really can't make a case for keeping any of them, all gone missing this season 1 way or another!

Most Championship clubs can only dream about having players of the quality of Mitro, Cairney and Anguissa. I don't necessarily disagree with you, particularly regarding Mitro,  but these guys will thrive in the Championship. Be careful what you wish for.

Wolf

Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Dougie

We almost certainly have to sell one player for a big fee to meet FFP requirements. That means Mitro or Anguissa as no one else at the club is capable of commanding one.

Jims Dentist

Re Bonuses:
Lets hope they were  not on too .such for vetting a draw.