watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marcus Rashford

Started by shepperton white, May 27, 2021, 07:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shepperton white

The torrent of abuse this young man has received following Man U's defeat is an absolute bloody disgrace  and I would like to think no real supporter of FFC would sink that low.  So he had a off day. So what, every player is the game has them.  It would be a nice gesture for the club to send a message of support.

HobGoblin

That's the glory hunter Manure fans for you

Blawarmy

De Gea was their player of the season 4 times. The way some of their fans were talking about him last night you'd think he'd conceded 5 goals in every match he'd played for them.

grandad

Twitter & all the other Social Media sites must actively trace these morons & submit their details to the police.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Agree it's a disgrace. Manure supporters have a very elevated sense of entitlement and it can make for a very nasty attitude towards their own players and manager when they lose. Pathetic children really.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

One person was a maths teacher apparently. He should name and shame every single one. That's exactly what I'd do.

bobbo

i too think its despicable but what i dont understand is with all the tec available nowadays surely man u can hire the people capable of identifying these creeps and cowards to boot. and them get them dealt with after all they are breaking the law.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

filham

How would these so called fans be behaving if they had been sentenced to twelve months watching Fulham this season.

Statto

Quote from: bobbo on May 28, 2021, 11:35:02 AM
i too think its despicable but what i dont understand is with all the tec available nowadays surely man u can hire the people capable of identifying these creeps and cowards to boot. and them get them dealt with after all they are breaking the law.

Because most of it comes from outside the UK - usually less developed parts of the world where racism is still commonplace like the Middle East, Asia, even Africa ironically

So UK authorities can do FA about it

It also makes all the navel-gazing and "isn't the UK so racist still" sort of headlines a bit stupid but there you go...

Maidstone Lee

People seem to think that a poor performance is an excuse for racial abuse it appears. It's totally unacceptable, Social Media companies need to do more to stamp it out.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

bog

It is disgusting. Cowardly scum at their best. Footballers aren't robots they all make mistakes. You have to be vey thick skinned to survive nowadays.

I was so pleased to get a point at Old Trafford cos it sent their glory hunting fans home, some well before the end, with the right ump.

092.gif   

BarryP

Quote from: Statto on May 28, 2021, 01:46:25 PM

Because most of it comes from outside the UK - usually less developed parts of the world where racism is still commonplace like the Middle East, Asia, even Africa ironically

It also makes all the navel-gazing and "isn't the UK so racist still" sort of headlines a bit stupid but there you go...

Just curious, is this your opinion based on your life experiences or is there some objective data source you're basing this statement on? Either way, this is not me questioning either your knowledge or opinions. I'm genuinely curious if anyone has found a way to track where social media posts originate from.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Lighthouse

Social Media can be very good at some things and very bad at others. But I am afraid if you use social media to push your opinions or causes or profile. There will always be the opposite reaction against it when things don't go well. There will always be idiots. We have enough on FOF to prove that point  :005:

It's a shame but the abuse that players and coaches must get. Or any public figure when things go wrong is just something that is present all the time. It would be nice if players stop acting as victims and just stopped giving the idiots publicity. The more the Millionaires moan the more people will feel justified in handing out abuse.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Statto

Quote from: BarryP on May 28, 2021, 02:56:19 PM

Just curious, is this your opinion based on your life experiences or is there some objective data source you're basing this statement on? Either way, this is not me questioning either your knowledge or opinions. I'm genuinely curious if anyone has found a way to track where social media posts originate from.

Based on life experiences although I would of course argue that is itself an objective data source. I'm not going to post links to the relevant tweets and further spread their content but if you take a look, they're patently not UK accounts. Many of them aren't even written in our alphabet - just a combination of Arabic and racist emojis.

It was the same when AK47 was getting abused on Twitter after the Huddersfield penalty incident.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on May 28, 2021, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: BarryP on May 28, 2021, 02:56:19 PM

Based on life experiences although I would of course argue that is itself an objective data source. I'm not going to post links to the relevant tweets and further spread their content but if you take a look, they're patently not UK accounts. Many of them aren't even written in our alphabet - just a combination of Arabic and racist emojis.

It was the same when AK47 was getting abused on Twitter after the Huddersfield penalty incident.

Jack Dorsey from twitter mentioned this on a podcast he did too. It's still very much happening in the UK, don't get me wrong, but a majority comes from these territories and due to the way the companies run, its much harder to crack down as a result.

Dodgin

Quite often look at other club's fan forum's, bewildered sometimes by the language and comment. With all of our team's up and down form. FoF is well a credit.

bobby01

I know I am old, but I really do not understand why people, not just footballers have to have this media presence, then complain when they get the inevitable comments.
I don't condone some of the things being said to them at all, but I must be missing something as I would just have my accounts for friends and family.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

fcfulham55

Couple of far left activist woke people present on this "political thread". Trouble is anything balanced is abuse to some people, freedom of speech and criticism is no longer aloud.

Balanced and right wing threads get taken down, so this will survive.

If I make a mistake, I can lose a lot of fortune. If I made a mistake before I worked for myself I'd get sacked, no chance for criticism. Some colourful ways to recieve constructive criticism granted, but let's all wrap up in bubble wrap and cotton wool to protect us all from those nasty wastie name callers.  All those poor players should get participation trophies to stop them meany weanies.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

MartyFFC

Presumably his own fans, in light of the chance that he missed. There's something wrong with these people, which no amount of knee-bending will ever fix; their brains are diseased

BarryP

Appreciate the reply
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."