watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best Alternatives to Penalty Shootouts

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, May 27, 2021, 11:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

For me I would like an all out brawl, last man standing wins it for his team.

ALG01

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on May 27, 2021, 11:13:12 PM

I think what you propose is my second choice
my first choice is a simple solution that used to be used, it was called a replay. these are fit young men, the teams have big squads, they will cope.

H4usuallysitting

Andy S

It used to be decided by a toss of a coin which is worse than a penalty shoot out. I cannot see why you cannot have a drawn game.

filham

But we have probably had 120 minutes of that already.

Jim©

It's not really an alternative but I think that the penalties should be taken at the end of 90 minutes.
We then have a winner of the shootout IF the scores are level at the end of extra time.
Extra time is then played, one team has to go for it, one team has to defend- it would stop the sterile extra times where legs are gone and people seem to be settling for a draw/pens.

Penfold

Each team selects one player. Those two have a game of Subbuteo.

deadcowboys

Handbag fight between each team's WAGs.

The Swan

I was captain of a Hammersmith Youth Club Team in the late sixties. We got to the cup final and the score was 1-1 . We played 30 minutes and still the score was 1-1.
The rule at the time was to toss a coin to decide the winner. The ref called me and the other captain to the middle of the pitch.
With both sets of players standing around and the ref holding the coin in his hand the other captain called out heads even before the ref asked us to call
The ref tossed the coin into the air and it landed tails up. So our team won the cup.
From then until now I always called tails if I had to.
The Swan

Southcoastffc

Extra time, but with golden goal.  If there's no score after 5 minutes, reduce the players by 1 per side.  Thereafter, every 5 minutes take off another player per side.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Nero

Should be based on most passes between the centre backs

MartyFFC

Mitrovic's value would certainly increase. I can envisage him wrestling bare-chested with brown bears in the Serbian wilderness as a 15-year old

kiwian

1 player starts at centre spot and has 20 seconds to beat the keeper, then the other team does the same until a team takes the advantage. Sudden death from the start.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Steeeeeeeeeed

Nice to see the Chelsea and Man City fans taking my idea of a brawl seriously, but I meant the players on the pitch, and at the end of the game...and not in a foreign city centre...

rebel

I think the opposition gets a two man wall plus the keeper.

The team getting the penalty gets three players, then they can create a goal of their making.

To think that you could tap the ball and score, not much quality or ability required.

Penalties are so bland.

YankeeJim

Pistols at ten paces.
You could select the player that performed the worse on the day.
I suspect the effort level would be better.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 29, 2021, 04:47:39 PM
Pistols at ten paces.
You could select the player that performed the worse on the day.
I suspect the effort level would be better.

Fulham squad is low in numbers as it is...

Maybe a Fashion Parade Cat Walk Off between the managers

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Whoever can finish the Times hard soduku fastest, will be crowned the winner.

grandad

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on May 30, 2021, 11:22:58 AM
Whoever can finish the Times hard soduku fastest, will be crowned the winner.

Most footballers couldn´t even finish the Sun Coffee Break Crossword. 1 across, 5 letters, Eggs on. Player puts -Toast- answer- Urges
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

I have always liked the half way line start and then a set time to beat the keeper. Sudden death.

Or the number of corners during 90 minutes then the team leading in corners will hang onto the ball and make the game even duller.

Or have penalties but have the keepers blindfolded and if after five penalties there is no winner, the penalty takers will be blind folded.

Or have the number of times a player spits during a game and subtract that to the minutes he is allowed to walk a dog around the ground before taking a bowl of spaghetti, eating it and then having to hit the bar from the half way line. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope