Two names first on the team sheet next season - Parker’s Picks

Started by rebel, May 30, 2021, 06:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Quote from: rebel on May 31, 2021, 07:11:50 AM
[
Quote from: Mr White on May 31, 2021, 06:54:57 AM
Quote from: rebel on May 30, 2021, 06:21:20 PM
Cavaleiro and Onomah. All the other places are for grabs.

Cavalerio  064.gif your having a laugh, right rebel.

Mr White

I wouldn't pick those two in any Fulham squad. We saw glimpses of what Onomah could do in the Championship, but his performances petered out. But Parker believes in him.

Parker would pick those two ahead of anybody else.

I'll have two pints of whatever it is you are drinking Mr Rational lol.

rebel

Parker has consistently picked Cavaleiro and Onomah (the jury is out on him, shone in moments), they are his 'favorites', I can't see that changing.

I remember Parker saying we have one recognized striker, so what does he do? Try to turn Cavaleiro into a striker, then he persisted with it, even though it wasn't working.   

Dodger53

bobby01

[

Mr White

I wouldn't pick those two in any Fulham squad. We saw glimpses of what Onomah could do in the Championship, but his performances petered out. But Parker believes in him.

They are both members of club Parker.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

rebel

Quote from: bobby01 on May 31, 2021, 09:59:45 AM
[

Mr White

They are both members of club Parker.

Exactly.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

filham

Before thinking about next season's team and Parker's first choices I would like to hear from a witness who saw RLC actually get on the bus back to the bridge and to know that he was accompanied, I have a fear of him sneaking back.

bill taylors apprentice

We now know for sure the vast majority are not up to PL football, maybe the likes of Rodak will continue to improve and Cairney and Bryan will help get us there and be worth a squad place

My players to win promotion would be
Rodak, Tete, Tosin, Kongolo, Robinson (with the right coaching) , Reed, Cairney, Bryan, & Mitro.
Zambo will be gone, Carvalho and another youngster or 2 could break through.

Out of all the others, some would be good enough for the Championship but retaining more than 3 or 4 would not help us, maybe Onomah, BDR, Hector and of course Ream has already been confirmed.

Too many players barely promotion quality and all but 6 or 7 not up to the PL.

While I would like to see the rest gone its unlikely to happen as it would be hard to shift them all.

Mullers OG

Not sure about Onomah but important we hang onto Cavaleiro. For all the stick he receives on this message board it's noteable that he got the 4th highest vote for player of the season. He spent most of the season being played out of position. He is to my mind our best right winger. We will need a player of his experience next year.

bobby01

Quote from: filham on May 31, 2021, 10:04:50 AM
Before thinking about next season's team and Parker's first choices I would like to hear from a witness who saw RLC actually get on the bus back to the bridge and to know that he was accompanied, I have a fear of him sneaking back.

I actually think that is a very real fear.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

rebel

Quote from: Mullers OG on May 31, 2021, 11:59:43 AM
Not sure about Onomah but important we hang onto Cavaleiro. For all the stick he receives on this message board it's noteable that he got the 4th highest vote for player of the season. He spent most of the season being played out of position. He is to my mind our best right winger. We will need a player of his experience next year.

I'm sorry but he's more of a 'water carrier', when a pass is more efficient. There's too much 'hogging' the ball, has the ball but nothing productive comes from his possession. Yep out of position, still showed no qualities of note.

Mullers OG

Deschamps was described by, I think, Cantona as just a water carrier. But he was one hell of a water carrier. Teams need water carriers.

WindyCity

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 31, 2021, 06:21:04 AM
I would say Rodak, Tete, Tosin, Kongolo, Reed, Anguissa and Mitrovic are all on the sheet if fit, plus Robinson, Bryan, Cairney, Onamah, Reid, Cav and Kebano will be on field at some point during the first game.

If we can get though the season with everyone fit, then I have no doubt we will win the Championship. Unfortunately, injuries are likely hopefully we have them covered with some quality loans and reinforcements.

<<Unfortunately, injuries are likely hopefully we have them covered with some quality loans and reinforcements.>>

That's true for any professional sports team anywhere in the world.

Btw, even if all above fit, as you opine, I have many doubts that FFC wins the Champ.  I'll be satisfied with mid table.  Just keep nose above L1.

WindyCity

IDK, but I think it may be time to move on from Mitrovic.  His past Champ successes do not mean absolutely positively he can duplicate.  I say start afresh and let Mitrovic go.  We of course thank him for his past service and promotion help.

blingo

rebel

Quote from: WindyCity on May 31, 2021, 04:45:13 PM
IDK, but I think it may be time to move on from Mitrovic.  His past Champ successes do not mean absolutely positively he can duplicate.  I say start afresh and let Mitrovic go.  We of course thank him for his past service and promotion help.

Agree 100%, in the Championship he missed three of the easiest chances ever, all in one match. At international level, he would of tucked the same chances away.

rebel

Quote from: blingo on May 31, 2021, 04:48:53 PM
Five goals in two and a half matches say different

Different player at International Level. Would I have started him after he returned from International Duty, no. 

Deeping_white

Quote from: perry geyton on May 30, 2021, 08:14:38 PM
Cav was crap in the championship = unload

Reed & Onomah yes

And of coarse Cairney if fit 🙏🏼

I mean this just isn't true, up to January he was arguably in our best 2/3 players and won us several games with his scoring exploits before Parkerball was coached into him. By all means you can slate his contribution this year but let's not go for some revisionism that he was bad in the championship

Matt10

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 31, 2021, 06:57:25 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on May 30, 2021, 08:14:38 PM
Cav was crap in the championship = unload

Reed & Onomah yes

And of coarse Cairney if fit 🙏🏼

I mean this just isn't true, up to January he was arguably in our best 2/3 players and won us several games with his scoring exploits before Parkerball was coached into him. By all means you can slate his contribution this year but let's not go for some revisionism that he was bad in the championship

Another notch towards Parker's strange decision making this year. Cav played the majority of the champ at the Left Wing spot with that inverted system. He managed team-leading assists (7) and 6 goals. What little we saw him play LW this year, he was actually decent. I understand we didn't have a capable left-footed player for RW spot this year, so Parked essentially removed the inverted winger system.

clarkey

If Parker's wife was ill, suffering from a terrible brain tumour and Cav offered to do the op. he would go for it, such is his inaccurate and over inflated idea of the man. He would love it even more if Cav offered to do it using his right foot only.

Grandad good team selection, are you busy next season ?