watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Something big brewing...

Started by JoeS, June 03, 2021, 02:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeS

Anyone else get the feeling that something big is going to happen? Whether that's regarding Parker or Tony Khan or whoever I'm not so sure, but you would imagine (or in my case, hope) that there is work being done behind the scenes. Even a club as useless at communicating as us can't be silent for this long post-relegation without a valid reason surely!

Fernhurst

Hope so Joe, huge signing to knock our socks off?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RogFFC

No doubt it will be something as simple as Season Ticket prices which will be the big announcement (we can't even do that at the moment !)

The Rock

No. The Khan's have consistently been absent, missed opportunities consistently, and still have their hands tied for wasting 100m promotion before last. They lack ability to create real change, let alone stability and sustainability, no matter how hard they try.

I'd love to hear the criteria or facts that this hope is based on though.

"hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

sarnian

Quote from: JoeS on June 03, 2021, 02:55:40 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that something big is going to happen? Whether that's regarding Parker or Tony Khan or whoever I'm not so sure, but you would imagine (or in my case, hope) that there is work being done behind the scenes. Even a club as useless at communicating as us can't be silent for this long post-relegation without a valid reason surely!

I imagine the staff and players went straight on holiday which they haven't really had for two years as soon as the season finished. I would not expect to hear anything until next week at the earliest and possibly not till the following week.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

If they were going to sack Parker, they would have done it by now in my view.

filham

When tey all get back from holiday I guess it will be business as usual with usual late decisions and a couple of bargain basement signings on transfer deadline day. What big news has TK ever given us.

ALG01

we were relegated 2 weeks before the end of the season. the owners out of common couertesy should have said something by now. even if it is we are thinking things over.
Nothing is very poor.

No i do not think something big is about to break. I imagine TK will say we couldn't manage to get any business done because of the euros and players contracts expiring on 31st June, or in other words working out hois excusses for being very poor at his part time job.

Lordedmundo

I agree that there should have been some form of statement from the owner. Very poor PR.

Regarding Parker - I'm sure he said in an interview post Newcastle that he was off on holiday, so I don't expect any news from the playing side for at least a couple of weeks.

Baszab

Signing will be announced coincidentally around the time the season ticket plan is announced

ScalleysDad

The problem we have is that if TK is indeed thinking about transfers and loans for an immediate impact, a better than bang average player from the continent, then he does have the Euros and contracts to contend with, the latter I guess is partly why our exit door is not spinning round. Bearing in mind 'we' seem to cast our net far and wide somebody in Ligue Deux might not be safe.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on June 03, 2021, 04:26:10 PM
When tey all get back from holiday I guess it will be business as usual with usual late decisions and a couple of bargain basement signings on transfer deadline day. What big news has TK ever given us.

When he resigns through public demand.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MickTheBeard

The rumour I heard as they have no money spare to do existing toilets in the hammyend because of Tony overspending we can use the swimming pool.

alfie

I'm still not sure what people expect them to say, if as yet no decisions are made, manager/players on holidays, what do you want?

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

LittleErn

Quote from: The Rock on June 03, 2021, 03:43:03 PM
No. The Khan's have consistently been absent, missed opportunities consistently, and still have their hands tied for wasting 100m promotion before last. They lack ability to create real change, let alone stability and sustainability, no matter how hard they try.

I'd love to hear the criteria or facts that this hope is based on though.

"hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

But it's the hope that kills!

RaySmith

The name Fulham Park Rangers is being brought back into review.

But not as an amalgamation with QPR, but the team will play in Bishops Park, as part of  a Sunday league, while American football is put on in the  Cottage, with pro wrestling in the  new Riverside stand!

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: alfie on June 03, 2021, 05:45:07 PM
I'm still not sure what people expect them to say, if as yet no decisions are made, manager/players on holidays, what do you want?

It is literally any excuse, I think.

JoelH5

It's not. They just don't give a toss about the fans
I was there, standing in the Putney end

rebel

cookieg

Perhaps they are working out how many of the staff will be made redundant. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes. The Khan's own the club they can say or not say what they want. Ultimately it's their business not ours. I really can't be bothered to get worried about is or isn't being said. It will happen when it happens.