more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Something big brewing...

Started by JoeS, June 03, 2021, 02:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Quote from: cookieg on June 03, 2021, 07:50:32 PM
Perhaps they are working out how many of the staff will be made redundant. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes. The Khan's own the club they can say or not say what they want. Ultimately it's their business not ours. I really can't be bothered to get worried about is or isn't being said. It will happen when it happens.

They are the current 'custodians' as was Mohamed Al-Fayed when he owned the club. I'm not sure there would be a club without the fans.

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

cookieg

Quote from: rebel on June 03, 2021, 08:02:04 PM
Perhaps they are working out how many of the staff will be made redundant. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes. The Khan's own the club they can say or not say what they want. Ultimately it's their business not ours. I really can't be bothered to get worried about is or isn't being said. It will happen when it happens.

They are the current 'custodians' as was Mohamed Al-Fayed when he owned the club. I'm not sure there would be a club without the fans.

Lockdown has shown that football can continue without fans. Games can be steamed around the world and watched by anyone wherever they are.

JoeS

Quote from: alfie on June 03, 2021, 05:45:07 PM
I'm still not sure what people expect them to say, if as yet no decisions are made, manager/players on holidays, what do you want?

They should be making a decision. But if not, at least put out a statement post-relegation explaining the plan now. I have always liked Shahid but very disappointed to hear NOTHING from him since Burnley.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Christ. Talk about wanting to pi$$ off the owners.
They spent (whether badly or not is irrelevant) £110 million on players 3 seasons ago. They've invested in the stadium, which is looking sensational.
Both on a fairly small income club wise.
Yet there are people saying they don't care or don't want the best.
What would you rather have, Shahid spending HIS money trying to improve us, or someone like Kronke who doesn't spend money which improves only him.

Be careful what you wish for. 

deadcowboys

Let's hope its not flatulence!   :dft001:

Statto

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 03, 2021, 10:16:07 PM
Christ. Talk about wanting to pi$$ off the owners.
They spent (whether badly or not is irrelevant) £110 million on players 3 seasons ago. They've invested in the stadium, which is looking sensational.
Both on a fairly small income club wise.
Yet there are people saying they don't care or don't want the best.
What would you rather have, Shahid spending HIS money trying to improve us, or someone like Kronke who doesn't spend money which improves only him.

Be careful what you wish for. 

Most of that money they spent in 18/19 was the club's TV revenue.

Don't get me wrong, SK has probably pumped something like £200m+ into the club in his tenure, so you have a point, but the idea he's underwritten all our spending is a bit of an oversimplification.

The club has probably earned something like £700m on its own in that time and it's that money, as well as his dad's, which TK has blown on fees and wages for the likes of Jozabed amd Seri. And we would of course have earned even more had better management kept us in the PL the whole time.

Arthur

Quote from: JoeS on June 03, 2021, 09:22:51 PM
They should be making a decision. But if not, at least put out a statement post-relegation explaining the plan now. I have always liked Shahid but very disappointed to hear NOTHING from him since Burnley.

The plan will be to try to get promoted next season. We all know that. Will we bring in some new players to help to fulfil that plan? Of course.

Beyond this, what is our Chairman meant to say? Even if he's waiting for Parker to return from his holiday to hand him his P45, he's not going let on publicly.

A good chairman, in my opinion, is one who lets his money do the talking.

MartyFFC

Knowing the shambolic way the Khans run the club, it wouldn't surprise me if Parker left at the end of July; following which we make 5 loan signings on deadline day having appointed Aboubakar Kamara as player manager with Joey Barton as his assistant

Blawarmy

Quote from: MartyFFC on June 04, 2021, 09:39:22 AM
Knowing the shambolic way the Khans run the club, it wouldn't surprise me if Parker left at the end of July; following which we make 5 loan signings on deadline day having appointed Aboubakar Kamara as player manager with Joey Barton as his assistant
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Dr Quinzel

More likely the opposite to be honest.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: JoeS on June 03, 2021, 02:55:40 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that something big is going to happen? Whether that's regarding Parker or Tony Khan or whoever I'm not so sure, but you would imagine (or in my case, hope) that there is work being done behind the scenes. Even a club as useless at communicating as us can't be silent for this long post-relegation without a valid reason surely!

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Dunstable Fulham

My gut feel is that Parker will be sacked within the next 2 weeks. Shahid will then make a statement and set out the plan for next season. I suspect that they are working to finalise a replacement now so that we know who is going to take over by the end of June if not before.
I feel as though there is too much going against Parker now. The majority feeling from what I see within the fan base is that Parker should go; the performances and results in the last 10 games were, with a couple of exceptions very poor; he has alienated key players and been inflexible with his selections and tactics. In addition, the comments in the press suggesting that he has not been supported in the transfer market have clearly upset the owner and his son. Previous managers have been sacked for a lot less.

Matt10

I genuinely believe it's Parker telling TK and SK that he has offers on the table, and is taking 1-2 weeks to decide if he wants to stay with Fulham or move on. In addition, the director of scouting interviews must be ongoing as well. I imagine TK will keep his DOF title, but the majority of the work will fall upon the Director of Scouting, much how it is for the Jaguars set up. If Parker decides to bail, then we'll have a new manager, the new Director of Scouting, equally aligned to work together and develop our philosophy.

That's the hope anyway, but I do believe something is brewing.

JoelH5

Quote from: Matt10 on June 05, 2021, 09:27:57 PM
I genuinely believe it's Parker telling TK and SK that he has offers on the table, and is taking 1-2 weeks to decide if he wants to stay with Fulham or move on. In addition, the director of scouting interviews must be ongoing as well. I imagine TK will keep his DOF title, but the majority of the work will fall upon the Director of Scouting, much how it is for the Jaguars set up. If Parker decides to bail, then we'll have a new manager, the new Director of Scouting, equally aligned to work together and develop our philosophy.

That's the hope anyway, but I do believe something is brewing.

Let's hope we're not run anything like that Jaguars
I was there, standing in the Putney end

AJW48361

Do they know we've been Relegated.

MikeTheCubed

Parker has 2 years left on his contract. I can't see any team thinking highly enough of him to pay Fulham that amount of compensation, nor Fulham paying Parker that level of compensation by terminating his contract. A lower compensation fee could be agreed however.

RaySmith

Probably not the best time to appoint a new manager, or even getting in new players.

toshes mate

Quote from: cookieg on June 03, 2021, 08:24:50 PM
Quote from: rebel on June 03, 2021, 08:02:04 PM

Lockdown has shown that football can continue without fans. Games can be steamed around the world and watched by anyone wherever they are.
Lockdown has shown that society can destroy itself with the best of intentions and worse of outcomes.  The media were beneficiaries with a 'captive' audience.
The most essential pieces of the puzzle will come in the next few months when we see just how normal people will choose to be when they have the chance to be so.  I certainly believe science will prove lockdowns do much harm and not very much good and do not save lives in the fullness of time.  Professional lives may enjoy a resurgence once freedom is restored and people value their freedoms much more than they did in 2020.