News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Couldn't get boots off yesterday, had to use extreme measures to get out of them

Started by rebel, June 07, 2021, 11:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Yesterday I wore a news pair of boots to attend a wedding, I couldn't get out of them when I got home, I had to cut the shoelaces off and have blistered feet. Is this the sort of thing the mainstream media would be interested in? (they seem to be interested all sorts of other rubbish) Can I sell my story?   

gang

Willham

With all the amazing technology we have these days yet shoes still give us blisters......

rebel

Quote from: gang on June 07, 2021, 02:22:34 PM
You're not Mawson in disguise, are you?

No, my 'blisters' wouldn't prevent me from playing for Fulham, scoring a dozen hat-tricks, winning Fulham Player of the Season.

rebel

Quote from: Willham on June 07, 2021, 03:37:59 PM
With all the amazing technology we have these days yet shoes still give us blisters......

Yep, I'll write to Magath, maybe he has a mothers remedy.

filham

This sounds like a story that BBC Breakfast is airing for about twenty minutes. Not sure how much they are paying though.

rebel

Quote from: filham on June 07, 2021, 04:17:42 PM
This sounds like a story that BBC Breakfast is airing for about twenty minutes. Not sure how much they are paying though.

I'm on it, I'm determined that it gets mass media coverage. I can just image my 'blisters' in 3 D Motion Picture'.   

blingo

Quote from: rebel on June 07, 2021, 04:22:01 PM
Quote from: filham on June 07, 2021, 04:17:42 PM

I'm on it, I'm determined that it gets mass media coverage. I can just image my 'blisters' in 3 D Motion Picture'.   

I reckon you'll be first on catch of the day.

RaySmith

Make a  video and upload it to YouTube.
If you've got a cat, make  sure you put it in it.

And don't forget to Tweet about it, with photos.

Then there's the 5live  Drivetime, send a text- Tony Livesey would love it.

Willham

Quote from: rebel on June 07, 2021, 11:34:06 AM
Yesterday I wore a news pair of boots to attend a wedding, I couldn't get out of them when I got home, I had to cut the shoelaces off and have blistered feet. Is this the sort of thing the mainstream media would be interested in? (they seem to be interested all sorts of other rubbish) Can I sell my story?   

Can I ask why you couldnt get your foot out? Like if i were the media that's be my first question.
Secondly, have you consider you were wearing them wrong or fitted them incorrectly to your feet?
Are you sure you bought the correct size?
Did you use butter and any form of lube to enter the shoe?
What have you learnt from this experience?
And how does the shoe represent the LGBTQ and black community?
Are you likely to sue the shoe company for this event, and/or your friend for having you attend an evidently too long wedding in such shoes?
Will you be getting the shoes repaired to wear again?
Do you think it was to do with not "wearing them in?"

rebel

Quote from: RaySmith on June 07, 2021, 09:36:00 PM
Make a  video and upload it to YouTube.
If you've got a cat, make  sure you put it in it.

And don't forget to Tweet about it, with photos.

Then there's the 5live  Drivetime, send a text- Tony Livesey would love it.

This sounds like sound advice, I need a media manager, your depth of knowledge, you got the job.

rebel

Quote from: Willham on June 07, 2021, 09:49:49 PM
Quote from: rebel on June 07, 2021, 11:34:06 AM

Can I ask why you couldnt get your foot out? Like if i were the media that's be my first question.
Secondly, have you consider you were wearing them wrong or fitted them incorrectly to your feet?
Are you sure you bought the correct size?
Did you use butter and any form of lube to enter the shoe?
What have you learnt from this experience?
And how does the shoe represent the LGBTQ and black community?
Are you likely to sue the shoe company for this event, and/or your friend for having you attend an evidently too long wedding in such shoes?
Will you be getting the shoes repaired to wear again?
Do you think it was to do with not "wearing them in?"

All perfectly valid questions, can I refer you to the newly appointed media manager in my previous posts, I'm sure he'll restrict himself to answering
'yes' or 'no' to the relevant questions.   

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ron

No one is to blame; it's the fault of the system. Both you and the shoe must come to counselling*, each of you having an equal say. In that way the impasse will be broken, and each of you will find closure.

*available £200 per hour plus VAT, (bring your own hankies to weep into).