watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Walsh

Started by WestSussexWhite, June 14, 2021, 02:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

I've heard credible rumours that Steve Walsh is in the frame for the DoS role, if true, he would be a fantastic appointment. He's the man that found Drogba and Zola for Chelsea, and found Vardy, Kante and Mahrez for Leicester. If true would be an excellent appointment

ToodlesMcToot

Not asking for sources but, could you better define "credible"?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

filham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 14, 2021, 02:41:02 PM
In this case try hopeful, desperate, optimistic, wishful , big, or even fulhamish.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: filham on June 14, 2021, 03:10:21 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 14, 2021, 02:41:02 PM
In this case try hopeful, desperate, optimistic, wishful , big, or even fulhamish.

Judging by his Chelsea and Leicester bona fides, I'd expect so.

I've been so frustrated by the club, even by this season's standard, since our relegation, that I've pretty much just shut down following any news or rumor. I do get bitten by the curiosity bug from time to time but I haven't been following any of the silly season stuff. This news seemed positive - so, unusual. Figured I'd pop in and ask. Appreciated.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

WestSussexWhite

Yeah, I've got a friend that works at the club. Steve Walsh is one of 2 they are talking too. I don't know who the 2nd one is though

simplyfulham

I mean that would be lovely.

But if you were Steve Walsh, why the hell would you swap Leicester for Fulham?

And even if he did, the fundamental issues at Fulham are less who's doing what but more about the processes we have in place. A large part of that process is driven by the TK and it's his personality and stubbornness that holds it in place.

If Steve comes would that mean TK loosening the reigns and allowing new methodologies?

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: simplyfulham on June 14, 2021, 07:00:12 PM

And even if he did, the fundamental issues at Fulham are less who's doing what but more about the processes we have in place. A large part of that process is driven by the TK and it's his personality and stubbornness that holds it in place.

If Steve comes would that mean TK loosening the reigns and allowing new methodologies?

Swap Leicester for Fulham?? He left there about four years ago. Been at Everton & now working in America which could be quite relevant

MartyFFC

Swap Leicester for Fulham; just like Rafa swapping Liverpool for Fulham I guess

simplyfulham

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 14, 2021, 07:07:50 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on June 14, 2021, 07:00:12 PM

Swap Leicester for Fulham?? He left there about four years ago. Been at Everton & now working in America which could be quite relevant

Jesus Christ. I ballsed that one up.

Thanks for putting me right. At least that answers one of the questions then!

deadcowboys

He was a pretty decent centre half who scored quite a few goals for Leicester. Maybe we are signing him in case Tosin leaves.   :005:

Jims Dentist

Would be good, but could we just call him Head of Scouting.
I hate all these "Director" titles these days both in football and businesses when those concerned are not on the board of directors.

Twig

Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 16, 2021, 07:59:46 PM
Would be good, but could we just call him Head of Scouting.
I hate all these "Director" titles these days both in football and businesses when those concerned are not on the board of directors.

Yep, it's just title inflation. Mind you the Yanks are pretty good at it too with their SVP this and EVP that.

An MD I worked with said, "John, it's cheaper than handing out a pay rise".

AJW48361

The other one is Giant Haystacks.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: deadcowboys on June 14, 2021, 09:33:21 PM
He was a pretty decent centre half who scored quite a few goals for Leicester. Maybe we are signing him in case Tosin leaves.   :005:

Different Steve Walsh

JimOG

I rang a very good friend of mine who played in the same Chorley side as Walsh & who have continued that lifelong friendship. He had been talking to Walsh very recently, albeit before these rumours surfaced, and Walsh never mentioned FFC. Given the chat was about his Leicester & Everton experiences we might expect him to let slip a new offer. Then again maybe he's being discreet

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: JimOG on June 17, 2021, 08:20:41 AM
I rang a very good friend of mine who played in the same Chorley side as Walsh & who have continued that lifelong friendship. He had been talking to Walsh very recently, albeit before these rumours surfaced, and Walsh never mentioned FFC. Given the chat was about his Leicester & Everton experiences we might expect him to let slip a new offer. Then again maybe he's being discreet

Maybe he hadn't been approached about it then? Or applied then? But hey it's all speculation at the moment

cmg

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: cmg on June 17, 2021, 04:06:00 PM
Some Everton fans might choose a different title for him.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2020/08/11/how-steve-walsh-ruined-everton/

To be fair I think Everton fans have exceptionally high expectations for a team that haven't won anything for god knows how many years

Nero

But he's a football man. He can't possibly make bad signings

Asotosyios

Quote from: Nero on June 17, 2021, 08:45:55 PM

But he's a football man. He can't possibly make bad signings

Wow! Some really bad signings and for lots of money!