watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin

Started by grandad, June 23, 2021, 06:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

The Club need to stall any possible transfer out until after 14 July when his release clause runs out. If the Club want to sell him they could put a massive price tag on him. He is worth far more than 10 mil in his release clause.
Where there's a will there's a wife

grandad

Just read that the deadline is now 7 july, 30 days before the start of the season. As I said above surely the Club can stall any transfer thus increasing our asking price. I would prefer for him to stay but would put a 30 mil price tag on him is he does go.

WestSussexWhite

We are unable to stall, if a club make a 10 million pound bid they can automatically talk to him. We just need to hope we can survive 2 weeks!

Statto

Personally don't reckon he's worth more than £10m anyway, and reckon we could replace him with that much

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 25, 2021, 08:48:56 AM
We are unable to stall, if a club make a 10 million pound bid they can automatically talk to him. We just need to hope we can survive 2 weeks!
Agree, if the clause is there, you cannot stall it. Once it is met that's it your legally obliged to inform the player

PaulJ123

Quote from: Statto on June 25, 2021, 08:53:41 AM
Personally don't reckon he's worth more than £10m anyway, and reckon we could replace him with that much

Agreed, I'd say we'd probably get £15m for him in an open market with no clause. He wasn't great last season so would be surprised if there were too many takers given the finances of the clubs that may be looking at him.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: PaulJ123 on June 25, 2021, 09:18:10 AM
Quote from: Statto on June 25, 2021, 08:53:41 AM

Agreed, I'd say we'd probably get £15m for him in an open market with no clause. He wasn't great last season so would be surprised if there were too many takers given the finances of the clubs that may be looking at him.

He was getting bigged up a lot though!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: grandad on June 23, 2021, 06:03:02 PM
The Club need to stall any possible transfer out until after 14 July when his release clause runs out. If the Club want to sell him they could put a massive price tag on him. He is worth far more than 10 mil in his release clause.

If there is a clause as rumoured they are powerless to stop him leaving once it's met.

Bassey the warrior

I'm not understanding all the criticism of Tosin. He was by and large very good last year. His form dipped when our form dipped. As an English young centre back he's easily worth £20m in my opinion.

Statto

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on June 25, 2021, 09:56:22 AM
I'm not understanding all the criticism of Tosin. He was by and large very good last year. His form dipped when our form dipped. As an English young centre back he's easily worth £20m in my opinion.

Can't speak for others but I'm not criticising him. Hope he stays and would probably have him as our best defender. Just don't see him as much, if any better than Mawson, Kalas, Hector et al who were all available for around £8-15m. Add Tosin himself to that who apparently cost £8m with add-ons and other examples eg Konsa (£12m) ...

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Statto on June 25, 2021, 10:11:54 AM

Can't speak for others but I'm not criticising him. Hope he stays and would probably have him as our best defender. Just don't see him as much, if any better than Mawson, Kalas, Hector et al who were all available for around £8-15m. Add Tosin himself to that who apparently cost £8m with add-ons and other examples eg Konsa (£12m) ...

Would like to see a CB parnership of Tosin and Kalas.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

We Are Premier League

Think he might stay unless someone else come in for him, Norwich will likely get relegated, Newcastle is a club in chaos, Arsenal have tons of similar quality CB's so he may not even get on the bench...but I suppose he might still go to them if the £££ is good.

grandad

I believe Tosin cost 1.5 mil rising to 2 mil with add ons.

Bassey the warrior

Well I see him as a considerable upgrade on those three.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

When ho joined us he made his ambitions quite clear and I am sure that these come before any loyalty he may have to the club..

@jolslover

Disagree, I think he is much better than those 3 and I think would be very hard to replace for 10m
STH H3

Statto

Well put it this way

£15-20m buys you someone on the fringes of the England squad - Mawson or Mings for example

He's English and nowhere near a call-up. So he isn't in that bracket.

Jules

Quote from: Statto on June 25, 2021, 12:10:53 PM
Well put it this way

£15-20m buys you someone on the fringes of the England squad - Mawson or Mings for example

He's English and nowhere near a call-up. So he isn't in that bracket.
you can't put Mawson in the frame with Mings though as he is in the England team at the Euros. Maybe before his injury a few seasons back at Swansea he could be compared but he is miles away from that level right now, and not even sure if he will be fit again to get a place on our team.

MartyFFC

You do wonder whether Andersen made him look better than he is. Just look at how much better John Stones has been since City signed Dias. That said, I like the fella and would take him over Mawson any day of the week

The Rational Fan

Given a choice between Tosin and Tony Khan with £15m, I'd choose Tosin everyday. As Tony Khans biggest fan, I believe he has a many gifts but replacing players is not one of them.

If Tosin, Anguiissa and Mitro stays, TK can spend the summer getting money from daddy to bring in forwards on loan with options to buy.