Started by sarvenpa, June 24, 2021, 07:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

Rodak

Tete Hector Tosin Bryan

Reed Johansen

Carvalho Cairney Kebano

Mitrovic

Sneaky feeling that Robinson won't be hear next season (not based on anything) and I really don't rate Onomah.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

roberto w6

I'll wait til we have more certainty before picking a team.

But, interesting that everyone has gone 4-2-3-1. That does seem the formation of the moment but I would like to see us use just 1 deep midfielder in some (hopefully most) of our Championship games and also/separately experiment with 2 up-front. Most of all, at least one winger in the side alternating between wings or, when we feel confident enough, 2 wingers

Of the current players we have, I see BDR as the best for 2nd striker role and someone else has pointed out that he had success at Bristol in that role.

Above all, let's hope for a fresh start in terms of tactics and approach whoever is in charge. And we need some new faces on the pitch to shake things up

COYW

Lordedmundo

Starting 11 (excluding new signings/departures): Rodak; Tete, Tosin, Kongolo (if fit), Robinson; Reed (DCM), Cairney (RM), Bryan (LM); Reid, Mitro, Carvalho

Subs (7): Fabbri, Odoi, Ream, Sessegnon, Onomah, Cavaleiro, Stansfield

Other squad players (6) : Bettinelli, Fossey, Opoku, Bowie, Jasper, Tiehi

Sell: Anguissa, Christie, Kebano
Get rid of somehow: MLM, Seri, Kamara, Knockaert, Mawson

Buy/loan (4): Winger/second striker x1, Striker x1, Midfielder (cover for Cairney) x1

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Lordedmundo on June 25, 2021, 11:45:11 AM
Starting 11 (excluding new signings/departures): Rodak; Tete, Tosin, Kongolo (if fit), Robinson; Reed (DCM), Cairney (RM), Bryan (LM); Reid, Mitro, Carvalho

Buy/loan (4): Winger/second striker x1, Striker x1, Midfielder (cover for Cairney) x1

Should add Hector and Johanson to the retained or sell list. Think Hector both can stay, we're light at both positions based on your sell list.

Lordedmundo

Yes, agreed 0 forgot about Hector!  :doh: I didn't include Johansen as it seems certain he will go to QPR, but a possibility he stays if/when new manager comes in (and I will be happy if that happens)

MartyFFC

That team should be racking up 100+ points when you look at the absolute dross there is in the championship. Even Norwich managed 97 points last season

Jims Dentist

Even allowing for a few leaving that is a strong Championship squad.

Lets hope we have a Manager/Coach who can get the best from them.

MikeTheCubed

Assuming Anguissa leaves...

Would like to see Bryan tried as a central midfielder with some scope to move out to the left and work in tandem with Robinson.

St Eve

Quote from: Porthogs FC on June 25, 2021, 12:44:27 PM

Should add Hector and Johanson to the retained or sell list. Think Hector both can stay, we're light at both positions based on your sell list.
and Betts can go

Whitestone

Anguissa is easily one of the best players we have so I'm struggling to understand why he is on your sell list. If we have any ambition he's exactly the sort of player we need to retain.

perry geyton

Knockers & Cav not quite championship standard

perry geyton

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on June 25, 2021, 06:34:23 PM

Would like to see Bryan tried as a central midfielder with some scope to move out to the left and work in tandem with Robinson.

Don't expect to see kongolo fit for a run of 2 games +

Statto

Forgot about Kamara. Would prefer to keep him. He's probably our 4th best attacking player IMO.

Facts Not Fiction

With Parker gone, think it's a reset for all at the club. With our current squad, this is as strong as we can field (within reason)

Rodak

Tete Hector Tosin Bryan

Onomah Reed Cairney

BDR Mitrovic Carvalho

Wickens, Kongolo, Robinson, Johansen, Cavaleiro, Kebano, Kamara

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Gary on June 25, 2021, 07:46:39 AM
KNOCKEART AND CAV ARE FINISHED
Hope so and lets not forget young Jasper who looks a good prospect playing wide.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: perry geyton on June 25, 2021, 11:43:41 PM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on June 25, 2021, 06:34:23 PM

Don't expect to see kongolo fit for a run of 2 games +
Unfortunately likely true about Kongolo but otherwise that looks really strong Mike.

ALG01

I hate to upset the party but the whole lot of you are wrong. your team selections are unplayable because we are not playing on the 7th, the game has been moved to the 8th!

064.gif

sarvenpa

Quote from: ALG01 on July 01, 2021, 08:23:00 PM
I hate to upset the party but the whole lot of you are wrong. your team selections are unplayable because we are not playing on the 7th, the game has been moved to the 8th!

064.gif

:drums: :wine:

WestSussexWhite

So Silva likes 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3. But he also likes the full backs getting the ball in early therefore feel Bryan may be in with a shout next season.

We Are Premier League

Rodak
Tete Hector Tosin Robinson
         Reed Johansen
Cavaleiro Cairney Reid
                Mitrovic