watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shahid steps in and

Started by blingo, June 29, 2021, 10:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Clears out both manager and backroom staff in one hit. That proved to me he's the owner we need. Stood tall and proved he's a serious professional both in terms of football and business. No fear, we move forwards. That told Parker clearly, you and your ego are not bigger than FFC. I, for one, am happy with the decisions taken. Top man in Blingo's book. Well done sir.

roberto w6

Yep. His message was clear without being unprofessional. A summary of what happened without the false thanks, best wishes and talking up the record. SP was put in his place.

Mr K will really impress me now if there is a swift announcement of the replacement and some acknowledgement of going for success with attractive football. Now hoping it's Cooper from the poor list of candidates I've seen

ALG01

Quote from: blingo on June 29, 2021, 10:07:04 AM
Clears out both manager and backroom staff in one hit. That proved to me he's the owner we need. Stood tall and proved he's a serious professional both in terms of football and business. No fear, we move forwards. That told Parker clearly, you and your ego are not bigger than FFC. I, for one, am happy with the decisions taken. Top man in Blingo's book. Well done sir.

Sorry to disagree in the strongets possible manner.
If this was going to happen it should have happened after the Burnley game, within a day or two.
That would have given us maximum time to prepare for this season.
As we all know parker said we could nnpot go on as we were if we wanted to suceed long term. repeatiung mistakes was not a sensible course of action. And by that it was clear the issue was TK.
Seeing as TK is clearly going to be allowed to fail over and over at the expense of the playing staff, parker needed to be removed instantly. To wait this long is ridiculous and speaks of the dysfuntional nature of the running of team affairs. We are starting pre season with no manager having been relegated in May!

Holders

Is that so or was it that Parker wanted to take his team with him as is often the case? Genuine question.

If the former, I quite agree with you. We can't afford any loyalties to the departed that fester.

As for Parker's ego, I can't help thinking that he had some valid points - but "we go again".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JimmyConway

Part of me want's to believe that is the case as i mentioned on here yesterday but thinking about it more i am starting to think it might be all fur coat and no knickers.

blingo

Algo, we are all entitled to post our opinion on this board. Whilst I agree that it should have been sooner, we don't really know what went on behind the scenes, but what I've seen is Shahid wielded the axe firmly and there were no thanks for not only SP but for any of those that went either. It took Shahids intervention to and when it came it looks to have been swift and decisive.  We will know soon enough what manager will come in and I'm looking forward to next season now.

toshes mate

As far as it goes with what we know officially I agree with you, Mr Blingo.  We will never know the whole truth even if it is one day exposed in all its sordid detail or glory but clearly Shahid Khan has shown his professionalism in the face of the reported nonsense we fans have been observing in the last few weeks.   I hope our Chairman follows up his official statement with appointments that demonstrate that the Club has restored its faith in the need for teamwork across the board and will no longer allow egos to vie against each other whilst seemingly seeking glory in an abject failure to constantly take small steps forward.

Craven Mad

I've never had a problem with Shahid, he's been a generous and ambitious owner so far and has overseen works with dignity and grace. I have a problem with his son, with no footballing experience, who seems to treat us as a plaything when he's bored with the other toys that his daddy buys him  (like the wrestling franchise), and gets in silly spats with people on Twitter.

ALG01

Quote from: blingo on June 29, 2021, 10:21:54 AM
Algo, we are all entitled to post our opinion on this board. Whilst I agree that it should have been sooner, we don't really know what went on behind the scenes, but what I've seen is Shahid wielded the axe firmly and there were no thanks for not only SP but for any of those that went either. It took Shahids intervention to and when it came it looks to have been swift and decisive.  We will know soon enough what manager will come in and I'm looking forward to next season now.

We are entitled to our views and i happen not to agree with you but we remain 'friends' I hope because we want fulham to be the best they can be.
This is more of the same as far as i am concerned. we already have an excuse for failing next season. I have to admit, that whilst i have secured my ST already, it is the first year in 60 i actually thought about it.

Statto

From the words SK used in the press release, I got the impression he felt let down by Parker. I think the 3-year contract showed SK wanted to stand by Parker in the long-term even if we were relegated. If he was going to be sacked for poor performance, the time to do that would have been a month ago. This is just speculation but my interpretation is that Parker surprised and upset the Khans by turning on them publicly and agitating for a move to Bournemouth. Yes of course there are major issues with TK's role but SP knew that when he took the job, so he cannot suddenly use that as an excuse for wanting to leave. The more I reflect on it today the more sour I feel about Parker and the more I want to see him fail at Bournemouth.

Dodgin

There will be some interest on the details of SP and his team's departure, the clubs statement was quite terse. Dealing with the billionaire chairman in this situation. I know who I would put my money on.

blingo

Quote from: ALG01 on June 29, 2021, 10:27:23 AM

We are entitled to our views and i happen not to agree with you but we remain 'friends' I hope because we want fulham to be the best they can be.
This is more of the same as far as i am concerned. we already have an excuse for failing next season. I have to admit, that whilst i have secured my ST already, it is the first year in 60 i actually thought about it.

It's your right to disagree, otherwise there'd be no point in having this board. As for still being friends, we can argue til the cows come home as far as Blingo is concerned we are a family at FFC and I'd still buy anyone a pint if we met up. Our common goal is the love of our club

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: blingo on June 29, 2021, 11:02:48 AM

It's your right to disagree, otherwise there'd be no point in having this board. As for still being friends, we can argue til the cows come home as far as Blingo is concerned we are a family at FFC and I'd still buy anyone a pint if we met up. Our common goal is the love of our club

I'd like to disagree with your agreement....we won't have democracy here... whatever next

blingo

Who asked you to butt in??? Hahahaha

mrmicawbers

Quote from: ALG01 on June 29, 2021, 10:12:26 AM

If this was going to happen it should have happened after the Burnley game, within a day or two.
As we all know parker said we could nnpot go on as we were if we wanted to suceed long term. repeatiung mistakes was not a sensible course of action. And by that it was clear the issue was TK.
Seeing as TK is clearly going to be allowed to fail over and over at the expense of the playing staff, parker needed to be removed instantly. To wait this long is ridiculous and speaks of the dysfuntional nature of the running of team affairs. We are starting pre season with no manager having been relegated in May!
Why would we want to give Parker a payoff along with all his staff.Maybe they shouldn't have given him such a long contract,but paying him off for being disloyal would stick in my craw.So we'll done the chairman.We can now use that money to improve things hopefully. I was a Parker supporter until his reasonable behaviour has come to light.

bill taylors apprentice

I've stated elsewhere I was never convinced of Parkers quality but I was open to being proved wrong.
He knew full well what the management structure was when he very eagerly stepped into Jokanovics shoes.

Well done to the owner for stepping in at last, if a little late in the day but I believe SK showed loyalty in keeping Parker after relegation and was taken for a ride, time to look forward now!

mrmicawbers

Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 29, 2021, 11:44:27 AM

Why would we want to give Parker a payoff along with all his staff.Maybe they shouldn't have given him such a long contract,but paying him off for being disloyal would stick in my craw.So we'll done the chairman.We can now use that money to improve things hopefully. I was a Parker supporter until his reasonable behaviour has come to light.
Treasonous

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

If you hate both SK and TK as much as you seem to, do you think its time to stop giving them your money and supporting someone else? Seriously. All and every opportunity, whether the thread is in context to Tony or not, you find a reason to drop his name into it. Its so boring and tiresome now. You either really dislike him or actually fancy him, because you say his name that much. Either way, I think you need to wind your neck in. Very few people on here agree with you ajd you won't change their opinion, no matter how much you flog a dead horse  :dead horse:

Sting of the North

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 29, 2021, 12:20:38 PM

If you hate both SK and TK as much as you seem to, do you think its time to stop giving them your money and supporting someone else? Seriously. All and every opportunity, whether the thread is in context to Tony or not, you find a reason to drop his name into it. Its so boring and tiresome now. You either really dislike him or actually fancy him, because you say his name that much. Either way, I think you need to wind your neck in. Very few people on here agree with you ajd you won't change their opinion, no matter how much you flog a dead horse  :dead horse:

Personally I don't think that anyone should stop voicing their opinion because others don't agree as that would eventually make all discussions pointless. If you don't agree with ALGO1 I would suggest you either engage in a polite debate or simply ignore his posts. I also don't believe that anyone here has the right to ask anyone else to stop supporting the team regardless of how they feel about the owner/coach/players/stadium/whatever.

There are so many opinions on here every day that I don't agree with, but I would nto prefer all of them to stop posting. Not even the most repetitive or (in my opinion) unreasonable ones. The members are what makes this place great.

ALG01

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 29, 2021, 11:06:59 AM
Quote from: blingo on June 29, 2021, 11:02:48 AM

I'd like to disagree with your agreement....we won't have democracy here... whatever next

064.gif