News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A question for older supporters re Parker?

Started by Steven Ageroad, June 29, 2021, 08:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Nero

Anyone else find it funny that Parker now has 2 dof as Bournemouth 🤣🤣

Pluto

Wish him no ill will but I don't think he's shown any ability whatsoever as a manager so far. I'd bet on him being more likely to go down the Gustavo Poyet/Di Matteo/Zola route.

New Kid on the Block

I think Thomas Frank is Danish, not German.

Jim©

I think if we'd had a forward that took the chances we created last season, we'd have easily stayed up.
Whilst most think we created nothing and just passed the ball around, the stats say very differently.

I think he'll go on to be a success somewhere- he seemed to have the respect of the players.

WindyCity

I don't know if SP goes on to greater heights, but I was for his retention, only from the standpoint of continuity.  Right now, he is the competition and I really don't care how well or not he does.  My focus is on FFC and wishing new coach Silva success!

ALG01

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on July 01, 2021, 03:08:37 PM
I think Thomas Frank is Danish, not German.

Yes, i think you are right despite what i said elsewhere but i am getting old.

bobbo

I still can't bring myself to heavily critisise him, even though the sideways slow build ups bored me stiff . I hope for him that he's successful and wish him well.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Plodder

Parker received some over-the-top criticism on this board. We were promoted despite having a Championship squad which I think a lot of people here considerably overrated in comparison with other teams. After our defending was shown up in the first part of the Premier League season, he did a very good job sorting it out, making us tough to beat. Having done that, he was unable to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear in terms of our attack, and our season crumbled terribly over the last ten games, when we started to chase games particularly at home by trying to play a more direct style which only served to emphasise even more strongly how poor we were in attack.  I found his comments honest (as much as any manager ever is) and he seemed genuinely to care about the club, which possibly is what triggered his departure. I wish him well, although it matters very little to me whether he is successful elsewhere or not now that he is no longer with Fulham.

Will he go on to greater things?  Statistically, very few managers achieve greatness, so probably not, but only time will tell. Whether he does or not, people will not change their opinions of his time as manager at Fulham, positive or negative.

All history now -"the king is dead, long live the king". Looking forward to us doing well under Marco Silva.

Logicalman

I believe that he could be a good manager if he realizes how he failed this past season, especially. Some will defend him claiming it was down to TK, others will deride him for not being a Fulham man or just plain useless, but I think he failed through just plain inexperience and as he gains that experience I think he has a good footballers head on his shoulders and might do very well for himself.

The simple fact is, he is no longer with the club and, unless he comes back at some stage, then we should all just leave it there and either wish him well, or not.

I, for one, wish him the very best in his future endeavors, as I did Cookie so many years back.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: bobbo on July 01, 2021, 04:51:25 PM
I still can't bring myself to heavily critisise him, even though the sideways slow build ups bored me stiff . I hope for him that he's successful and wish him well.
Full agree with Bobbo....
I wanted him to he a success... but it never happened and the football was tiresome.... hoping for more positive football this season... I wish SP no ill will, but I cannot believe Bournemouth is a step upwards for him... time will tell
COYW ⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Beamer

Parkerball is fine in the modern game if you have players who can create spaces or run in behind for creative players to find them but we simply were not skillful enough to do those things and in my mind that's where SP failed in that he simply did not seem able to accept that his squad couldn't play the way he wanted them to. It didn't make them bad players simply not the type of player needed for his vision. When it wasn't working (which was too often) he looked as to how to change things was beyond him and just a little out of his depth at this stage of his managerial career.