Main Menu

Southgate > out Lampard > in

Started by perry geyton, July 12, 2021, 09:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

70sPimlico

two bob is a perfect description of it.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Go away. I'm annoyed enough as it without absolute b@llocks like this.

simplyfulham

Let me get this straight.. you want to sack one of the most successful England managers of all time and in his place employ a man who has managed less than 150 senior games at any level.

perry geyton

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on July 12, 2021, 09:21:54 PM
In my opinion he's a much better manager, did well at Derby and had Chelsea playing exciting attacking football, I'd take that all day long over Southgates Parkerball 2.0

cottage expat

Quote from: 70sPimlico on July 12, 2021, 09:18:18 PM
two bob is a perfect description of it.

Agree. Someone needs to take their meds.

perry geyton

Quote from: simplyfulham on July 12, 2021, 09:26:34 PM
Let me get this straight.. you want to sack one of the most successful England managers of all time and in his place employ a man who has managed less than 150 senior games at any level.
Best manager in 50 years NO best squad in 50 years YES

A good manager would get so much more out of this team END OF

Reminds me of parkerball in the championship, a great team that barely got promoted

Somerset Fulham

perry geyton

I guess I've offended the Southgate love brigade

More then likely cos Lampards ex Chelsea, personally I couldn't give a S**T where he comes from regarding the England team

AJW48361

Sunday night was  Croatia revisited the only improvement was  we went to extra time last night.

Jeroen

Quote from: perry geyton on July 12, 2021, 09:38:40 PM

More then likely cos Lampards ex Chelsea, personally I couldn't give a S**T

Wasn't lampard the manager that got sacked when he was in 9th place with Chelsea before his replacement became 4th and won the champions league with the same set of players!?!

Yeah we need that one to manage England 😂

70sPimlico

I certainly wasn't offended by your post. Just, if you're going to replace a coach that has taken us to only our second final ever and whose team conceded 2 goals in the whole tournament and was not beaten in any game in 90 mins or aet, then I'd personally just set the bar as one that could be classed as "quite good" as an absolute minimum. But if you think Lampard is good enough to develop the (to be) 3rd best team in world football, then, that's your opinion.

He spent loads at Derby and finished 6th and over £200m at CFC and just sort of fell out with everyone (he did ok in his first season) but it fell apart in the 2nd.

Honestly, I wouldn't want him at Fulham as I'd hope our bar is set higher now

But you don't give a XXXX

perry geyton

Quote from: Jeroen on July 12, 2021, 09:49:12 PM

True he was sacked but m
Quote from: Jeroen on July 12, 2021, 09:49:12 PM

Wasn't lampard the manager that got sacked when he was in 9th place with Chelsea before his replacement became 4th and won the champions league with the same set of players!?!

True he was sacked but many a decent manager has been sacked then gone on to succeed, he had Chelsea playing exciting entertaining football, even I was enjoying watching them I'll admit,,,,,

Frank was an amazing player and understands how to play entertaining attacking football which in my opinion this team should be playing, he can keep Southgate on as an assistant to help our defensive play which is about all he's capable of
A bit like someone else we know.....

perry geyton

Quote from: 70sPimlico on July 12, 2021, 10:02:22 PM

I certainly wasn't offended by your post. Just, if you're going to replace a coach that has taken us to only our second final ever and whose team conceded 2 goals in the whole tournament and was not beaten in any game in 90 mins or aet, then I'd personally just set the bar as one that could be classed as "quite good" as an absolute minimum. But if you think Lampard is good enough to develop the (to be) 3rd best team in world football, then, that's your opinion.

He spent loads at Derby and finished 6th and over £200m at CFC and just sort of fell out with everyone (he did ok in his first season) but it fell apart in the 2nd.

Honestly, I wouldn't want him at Fulham as I'd hope our bar is set higher now

But you don't give a XXXX

Like I said I just feel Southgate hasn't got the balls for the job but I feel Frank just might.

I never said I wanted him at Fulham tho that's a whole other thing

simplyfulham

Quote from: perry geyton on July 12, 2021, 09:36:16 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on July 12, 2021, 09:26:34 PM
Best manager in 50 years NO best squad in 50 years YES

A good manager would get so much more out of this team END OF

Reminds me of parkerball in the championship, a great team that barely got promoted

*Most successful.

I didn't say best, but you can't deny the semi final and final make him one of the most successful managers that England have had.

You haven't really addressed the fact that Lampard is crap with little experience.

MartyFFC

Not sure Fat Frank is the answer mate

Huxley

International football is not the same as club football.... I'm club football yoh have 40 odd games to experiment with the same players. International football 2 or 3 bad bad games and you are serious trouble qualifying for Euros and World Cup. Defence is key.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on July 12, 2021, 09:21:54 PM

Hear hear

Holders

I think that flare up his arse must have affected his brain, if that's where he keeps it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Somerset Fulham

What an absolutely ridiculous conclusion to reach.