more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sturridge…. Would have give him a punt?

Started by Jeroen, July 14, 2021, 06:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeroen

?s=21

He looks fit and has/had a good touch and an eye for goal - if we are short of money for transfers, would you give him a punt? Seems to struggle to get a club so a very basic salary with a pay as you play bonus and who knows.....

(I know the 'abuse' I will get haha)

jayffc

Quote from: Jeroen on July 14, 2021, 06:58:23 PM
?s=21

He looks fit and has/had a good touch and an eye for goal - if we are short of money for transfers, would you give him a punt? Seems to struggle to get a club so a very basic salary with a pay as you play bonus and who knows.....

(I know the 'abuse' I will get haha)

Sounds like he's in the US and so probably will get some MLS money.

That said, On a pay as you play deal? No brainer- would be an asset to a championship team. Otherwise...cya later!

Finnans Right Peg

Would deffo take on a low basic with added bonuses

Craven Mad

I'm afraid I wouldn't take him here. He's made of glass, isn't renowned for being a great influence around the team and will still expect decent wages.

He might be able to find a spot in the MLS, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Championship - it's just too physical. Sad though, as he was a hell of a player for a few years.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

He would demand more than is justifiably affordable. Someone with his track record of injuries is too much of a risk IMO

Willham

We have a tendency to have very injury prone players so I wouldnt like another risk, while Sturridge does sound an amazing sign, I dont want any warning signs for new transfers

Somerset Fulham

Isn't he training with a La Liga side? Mallorca, or somebody?

ealex40

The video shows him at Drake Stadium, UCLA, Los Angeles.

domprague

:plus one:
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 14, 2021, 09:46:09 PM
I'm afraid I wouldn't take him here. He's made of glass, isn't renowned for being a great influence around the team and will still expect decent wages.

He might be able to find a spot in the MLS, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Championship - it's just too physical. Sad though, as he was a hell of a player for a few years.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Do 'Pay as you play' deals actually even exist any more?

MartyFFC

15 months without a club tells you everything you need to know about this fella. To think, it's not that long ago he was vying with Kane for the England number 9 shirt. Talk about careers that have gone in opposite directions

copthornemike

Would depend on what Sturridge's agent is trying to get!
Arguably after 15 months out of the game there is a strong argument Sturridge should play for 'expenses'  just to get back to match fitness and improve his market value. His registration would also take up a valuable spot in the registered team list as he is obviously not a young player.
I see the excellent Italian keeper Donnarubba has just moved on a 'free transfer' to PSG, but his agent, (some might use the term parasite), Raiola is alleged to have trousered 20 million euros in 'fees.'

bobby01

Where is the video of him running with the ball and never passing, lots of people shouting DAN, DAN,.
I cannot find it.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Bill2

No, cant stand the arrogant individual. Remember when he scored for Liverpool at Hammy end and stood with his arms crossed waiting for the applause. Wrong end.

filham

We need to avoid injury prone players and develop a solid team of fully fit regulars .