watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream

Started by Allestree andy, July 15, 2021, 07:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allestree andy

Tim Ream can't wait for the start of the new Championship season – and says the Fulham squad have been reenergised by the approach of new manager Marco Silva.

The experienced American centre back – fresh from winning the CONCACAF Nations' League with the USA over the summer – told FulhamFCTV this afternoon that he has really enjoyed the early days working under Silva at Motspur Park.

"It's been fantastic. All of the guys have been really receptive to his ideas, his thoughts, his way of playing. I think guys are excited and everyone's been showing it in training. It's been intense, but there are days that we've scaled it back a little bit and really worked on ideas and patterns, defensive shape and a lot of the small things, basic things and building blocks. His communication is everything. He walks around and talks to guys individually – has been top notch.

"I think the biggest thing is just to play with a smile on your face. He wants us to enjoy our football, but he also wants us to focus. It's okay to have a smile, have a laugh, joke afraid a bit – and I think he keeps things a little bit loose, keeps it light but when the whistle blows and we're doing certain possessions or certain drills, guys are focused in and intense."

Ream, 33, knows exactly what to expect from the Championship – having been promoted twice with Fulham previously – and believes the squad has what it takes to clinch an immediate return to the top flight.

"The Championship's a grind. It's 46 games, plus your Cup games. Seven or eight guys will be going away for internationals – so it is more travel and more games. It's difficult. It is an experienced squad at this level and we know what it takes to get out of it. Some of us have done it multiple times, some of us have done it once. The majority of this group has done it once already and we expect to be right at the very top again this year."

Great that he spoke so highly of Marco Silva and his training methods and communication.
Even better that he emphasised how "all the guys" have also bought in to the new man's philosophy.
Please correct me if I am wrong but, to date, I have not heard a single Fulham player praise-or thank-Scott Parker for his time as manager which serves to highlight the rumour that a large number of senior players were actually glad to see him leave.
Really looking forward to the season start.
To the limit and beyond

rebel

The rigidity of Parker is gone, 'I want it done my way' has gone. More fluidity in the final third, more direct, the effort to get the ball in the final third isn't wasted.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Allestree andy on July 15, 2021, 07:16:44 AM
I have not heard a single Fulham player praise-or thank-Scott Parker for his time as manager which serves to highlight the rumour that a large number of senior players were actually glad to see him leave.

Scott Parker is gone, he got us to YO-YO and now Fulham is the favourites to win the Championship. I don't think he is the best manager, but I will always be grateful for taking us ever so marginally forwards, rather than backwards.

RaySmith

Tim Ream can't wait for the start of the new Championship season – and says the Fulham squad have been reenergised by the approach of new manager Marco Silva.

The experienced American centre back – fresh from winning the CONCACAF Nations' League with the USA over the summer – told FulhamFCTV this afternoon that he has really enjoyed the early days working under Silva at Motspur Park.

"It's been fantastic. All of the guys have been really receptive to his ideas, his thoughts, his way of playing. I think guys are excited and everyone's been showing it in training. It's been intense, but there are days that we've scaled it back a little bit and really worked on ideas and patterns, defensive shape and a lot of the small things, basic things and building blocks. His communication is everything. He walks around and talks to guys individually – has been top notch.

"I think the biggest thing is just to play with a smile on your face. He wants us to enjoy our football, but he also wants us to focus. It's okay to have a smile, have a laugh, joke afraid a bit – and I think he keeps things a little bit loose, keeps it light but when the whistle blows and we're doing certain possessions or certain drills, guys are focused in and intense."

Ream, 33, knows exactly what to expect from the Championship – having been promoted twice with Fulham previously – and believes the squad has what it takes to clinch an immediate return to the top flight.

"The Championship's a grind. It's 46 games, plus your Cup games. Seven or eight guys will be going away for internationals – so it is more travel and more games. It's difficult. It is an experienced squad at this level and we know what it takes to get out of it. Some of us have done it multiple times, some of us have done it once. The majority of this group has done it once already and we expect to be right at the very top again this year."

Great that he spoke so highly of Marco Silva and his training methods and communication.
Even better that he emphasised how "all the guys" have also bought in to the new man's philosophy.
Please correct me if I am wrong but, to date, I have not heard a single Fulham player praise-or thank-Scott Parker for his time as manager which serves to highlight the rumour that a large number of senior players were actually glad to see him leave.

"Please correct me if I am wrong but, to date, I have not heard a single Fulham player praise-or thank-Scott Parker for his time as manager which serves to highlight the rumour that a large number of senior players were actually glad to see him leave.
Really looking forward to the season start."

But this on the Official club site, who might want to promote the new manager,  and not to have Scott praised, or anyone saying they are sorry he is gone.

But it is good to hear Ream's positive words about the new manager , and how well the team is responding.

Let's hope results in the early games reflect this positvity.

SG

Quote from: RaySmith on July 15, 2021, 08:07:38 AM

"Please correct me if I am wrong but, to date, I have not heard a single Fulham player praise-or thank-Scott Parker for his time as manager which serves to highlight the rumour that a large number of senior players were actually glad to see him leave.

But this on the Official club site, who might want to promote the new manager,  and not to have Scott praised, or anyone saying they are sorry he is gone.

But it is good to hear Ream's positive words about the new manager , and how well the team is responding.

As you imply - 'he would say that wouldn't he'

Jeroen

True, but it got me thinking usually you get at least a dozen social media messages about 'thank you boss' etc
Anyone ITK if he was really that disliked as a manager? (I understand there were a few, but you can't win them all I would say)

Holders

Quote from: SG on July 15, 2021, 08:13:54 AM

As you imply - 'he would say that wouldn't he'

MRDA!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

I have never forgotten how he took over at Hull in the Premier when they were a shambles and very nearly kept them up against all the odds.

092.gif   

H4usuallysitting

Mr Silva has been around the managerial house's - I'm guessing he's a breath of fresh air - plus the loan player's have gone and the lot left know each other, and old friendship's are reformed.....we probably only need 2 new player's to help us this season......let the good times roll

Fulham1959

ITK = In The Know (presumably)

MRDA! - that's got me baffled.

NSAs (non-standard abbreviations) (and that's a little joke) are not helpful to many of us in the older generation.

Holders

Quote from: Fulham1959 on July 15, 2021, 09:22:33 AM

NSAs (non-standard abbreviations) (and that's a little joke) are not helpful to many of us in the older generation.

It might help to be of the older generation to appreciate MRDA - Mandy Rice-Davies Applies.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

I do not like to put players or managers on a pedestal and praise them as though they are the second coming of Jesus before they even start. That raises expectations and then if it goes pear shaped it magnifies the disappointment.
Then what was initially a fan club turns into a Lynch mob.
Many Fans are fickle at all clubs, that is human nature.
A week in football is a long time, and players and managers etc can go from hero to zero very quickly and vice versa.
Whatever supports a supporters narrative.
Success has many fathers but failure is an orphan and because of that beware the Ides of March.
For me I will just sit back and note how the new manager performs over the season and form my own judgement, and the same with players.
Opinions can be split which encourages civilised debate.
We all should want a new manager and new players to be successful but as we know it does not happen all the time, and any newcomer starts off with a clean slate, whatever he may have done in a past life.
Vision and Foresight are wonderful attributes if it can be achieved.
However then I thought to myself after the battle all the Generals are clever and have different opinions.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on July 15, 2021, 09:28:53 AM

It might help to be of the older generation to appreciate MRDA - Mandy Rice-Davies Applies.

I am to understand that somebody of that name lived in Basement Flat, Greek Street, Soho. Knock three times and ask for Bubbles. So some bloke I use to work with told me.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham1959

OK, thanks - but it's not exactly an everyday abbreviation, certainly not in my sheltered life ;-). 

Actually her quote is a favourite of mine and so fundamentally true.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 15, 2021, 09:42:27 AM
I do not like to put players or managers on a pedestal and praise them as though they are the second coming of Jesus before they even start. That raises expectations and then if it goes pear shaped it magnifies the disappointment.
A week in football is a long time, and players and managers etc can go from hero to zero very quickly and vice versa.
Success has many fathers but failure is an orphan and because of that beware the Ides of March.
For me I will just sit back and note how the new manager performs over the season and form my own judgement, and the same with players.
We all should want a new manager and new players to be successful but as we know it does not happen all the time, and any newcomer starts off with a clean slate, whatever he may have done in a past life.
However then I thought to myself after the battle all the Generals are clever and have different opinions.

Firstly and secondly, is the pedestal a porcelain or stone one

Oakeshott

"It might help to be of the older generation to appreciate MRDA - Mandy Rice-Davies Applies."

I certainly appreciated MR-D, in my view more attractive and interesting than CK. I've even given her a small (and entirely ficticious) role in one of my books as a benefactor of a young girl on her uppers in London.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 15, 2021, 10:05:37 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 15, 2021, 09:42:27 AM

Firstly and secondly, is the pedestal a porcelain or stone one

Neither, it is number 3 and made of sand.

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 15, 2021, 09:47:10 AM

I am to understand that somebody of that name lived in Basement Flat, Greek Street, Soho. Knock three times and ask for Bubbles. So some bloke I use to work with told me.

Was it Michael Jackson lol

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 15, 2021, 09:47:10 AM

Are they a wet spammer

clarkey

Tim's quotes are actually tame. There were plenty of the squad who loathed Parker's tactics and high and mighty attitude.They wanted him gone.

His inexperience and sheer stubborn selections, poor substitutions and lack of dead ball tactics cost us again and again.We should have sacked him at the end of the promotion year. I think that play off goal by Joe B. saved his bacon.