watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Letter from Stefan Johansen

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 25, 2021, 07:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

FOLLOWING HIS DEPARTURE FROM THE CLUB, STEFAN JOHANSEN HAS WRITTEN THE BELOW LETTER TO THE FULHAM FANS...

I couldn't leave without saying thank you to you, the supporters.

Fulham has meant a lot to both me and my family. It's been five years of ups and downs, but it's the ups that I will always remember, especially the Play-Off Final against Villa, which was one of the best atmospheres and experiences I've ever felt at a game.

The Club means a lot to me, and the fans will always be in my heart. Fulham has always been, and still is, a family club. And I really felt that when I first arrived. I felt welcome immediately. The support was great. There have been some tough times but there have been good times as well, and those are the ones that you will always remember.

What the supporters have given me is incredible. From day one I have always felt welcome, and that's something that will always be in my heart. I really appreciated that support that you've given me over the last five years.

I'm looking forward to returning to Craven Cottage for our match in October. Fulham was five years of my career, and my life, and it was also my family's life for five years. Five great years, the longest I have ever spent at a club. To come back to the Cottage will be a special, special thing for me, because you meant a lot to me and my family.

It was fantastic working with the boys every day, too. We were more than just teammates. It's one thing to work together, but what was special about the group of players we had when I came in was that we had a real friendship as well. On the pitch things worked well, but off the pitch we were real mates, too. We wanted to fight for each other. A lot of us have moved on now, but that's how football is. We will still keep in touch. We've created memories that will stay with us until we're old. It's been fantastic in that sense. Being part of that team gave me something that I will never forget.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on Fulham's results. Thank you again for your support these last five years.

Take care, and see you soon.

Stefan

049:gif

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/july/A-Letter-From-Stefan-Johansen/

Ruislip White

bencher

I find it interesting that he makes specific mention of the team spirit under Slavisa, on and off the pitch. It's pretty clear that the transfers of the summer of 2018 ruined the team spirit and harmony in the squad, and although we got something of it back in the season back in the Championship, it's wasn't quite the same and hasn't been since.

Thank you for everything Stef, a Forever Fulham award awaits you one day.

SP

Twig

Thank you Stef, a lovely farewell. And I am sure you will be warmly applauded in October on your return to the Cottage. Best of luck for the future.

cmg

I can't recall having read a more impressive and charming farewell than that.

A terrific thing to write and one can only be pleased that he was so happy with us.

Hope his, and his family's, happiness continues.

Finnans Right Peg

A class act and defo one player who deserves a round of applause after we hammer them

filham

Best of luck Stef. We are going to miss you as well.

HV71

Quality and class as a footballer and a man . A huge thank you . I , along with many others I am sure , will applaud you onto the pitch in October. Enjoy the rest of your career

takk en million ganger !!

Barrett487

He'll get an almighty cheer when he comes back. Such a legend.

3rdgenfan

Should have kept him. A legend and what a class letter to the club and fans. We must give him respect when he comes back

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: cmg on July 25, 2021, 07:34:41 PM

A terrific thing to write and one can only be pleased that he was so happy with us.

Totally agree, I think a lot of players feel the same when leaving dear old Fulham but not many have expressed in it such a feeling from the heart.

Bassey the warrior

Class act throughout and one of my favourite Fulham players. He was the complete midfielder for the first couple of years here.

bog

A top player. A standing ovation should greet Stefan when he returns with QPR.  :54:

092.gif   

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 25, 2021, 08:44:00 PM
Quote from: cmg on July 25, 2021, 07:34:41 PM

Totally agree, I think a lot of players feel the same when leaving dear old Fulham but not many have expressed in it such a feeling from the heart.
:plus one:
:clap_hands:
All the best Stefan - you have been excellent for the Whites and I miss you!
Good luck to you and your family

love4ffc

This video sums up Stef Jo perfectly for me.  Love the guy and will miss him.  Wish him the best of luck. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Black, White and Fred

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

jarv

Excellent piece. Obviously a good guy.

Statto

Quote from: bog on July 25, 2021, 09:24:37 PM
A top player. A standing ovation should greet Stefan when he returns with QPR.  :54:

092.gif   

+1